Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

**Official Toolbox Thread**

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Wink **Official Toolbox Thread**

I didn't find a thread about tool boxes but since we take pride in out tools might as well show them off!

What's in your tool box??

Tool Chest: Husky Matte black mobile work bench.

Tools: 99% of the sockets are Sonic Tools

Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
I have a stack that's three chests high. Having racks like you have is completely alien to me but every tool goes in a certain place in a drawer, I have it all memorized. Tools get pulled as I work and get scattered about until I go to drawer and can't find what I want. Then everything gets put back and I start over.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 06:23 AM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice setup, where did you get the matting for the drawers? I tried to get some from work but they're really stingy about it.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 07:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 724 Likes on 566 Posts
Man, I really need to get on this organization level. My tool box is pretty old and not nearly big enough. On top of that, I mostly just work out of the bag I have for race weekends. So I don't even work out of my tool box.

Got a source for that insert to organize?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by barneyb
I have a stack that's three chests high. Having racks like you have is completely alien to me but every tool goes in a certain place in a drawer, I have it all memorized. Tools get pulled as I work and get scattered about until I go to drawer and can't find what I want. Then everything gets put back and I start over.
lol, sounds like fun

Originally Posted by c_sautter
Nice setup, where did you get the matting for the drawers? I tried to get some from work but they're really stingy about it.
The draw liners came with the husky box but you can pick them for cheap.

Cheap Liner and you could get another 20% off with the coupon code.

Originally Posted by Dallas J
Man, I really need to get on this organization level. My tool box is pretty old and not nearly big enough. On top of that, I mostly just work out of the bag I have for race weekends. So I don't even work out of my tool box.

Got a source for that insert to organize?
Once you get organized you'll never go back. Everything is where they need to be and you know what's missing after working on the car.

The insert
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
As much as I would love to have mac daddy tool carts, they are just far too heavy and bulky for track duty. I've met the hybrid approach by using a 6 drawer craftsman for all the usual's and a modified plastic master mechanics socket 4 drawer set i've added to over the years. Keeps the sockets and handtools separate and I plop them both on the bench of the trailer when towing to the track. I STILL have to use a dolly to get them up the ramp though, so I can't imagine going much bigger. The rest of the power tools are duplicates either HF or others I leave in the trailer.