EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Motor Sports (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports-15/)
-   -   VIR double National scca (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports/339270-vir-double-national-scca.html)

Galant VR-4 #34 Apr 15, 2008 07:49 AM

VIR double National scca

In short, this was the first (inaugural) VIR double. I have the turbo restrictor on and the new springs so I had to get used to the car again. No real surprises as it was a little slower and handled better. The best part is that it was much much easier on tires. Their were only 3 t2 cars in the group but Rob Hines was one of them in his very fast 350Z with some kinda new motor that was very noticeable and Charles Guest in a solstice GXP (the car that finished 3rd at the runoffs).. Sooo race 1 on Saturday-I started out in 3rd and after 2 laps I was in second place just 2 seconds behind Rob when going into the oak tree, my brakes got really soft so I took two tires off, normally not a big deal with awd but it had rained all morning so the dirt outside of the turn was very slick mud. I spun around and backed into the tire wall, spun back around and headed back after Rob, only losing about 8 or so seconds total. Two laps later I caught and passed Charlie Guest for 2nd place but as I was in the last part of the braking zone after the back straight ( as you are about to break right) Charlie lost his brakes and slammed me in the rear bumper launching me off drivers left and over into the grassy knoll. As I was spinning I was able to get on the gas and get back on track losing about 12 seconds total. After that I was just trying to run Charlie back down but fell .5 short finishing 3rd. 2nd race I started in 3rd again but Charlie didn't show up on the grid so I was in 2nd 3 cars behind Hines (some AS cars between). After 3 laps, I got inside on Rob going into turn 1 and held the lead for about 7 laps when Rob jumped inside of me when I was behind lap traffic going into oak tree but I was able to jump right on his bumper and re passed him shortly after getting back onto the back straight. From there I just held on not pushing the car but being very very wide. The margin of victory was .6 seconds (as in point 6). Rob and I both beat my track record by running 2:12.5s but he has it by a couple hundreds now :( My car is pretty banged up as I got hit by 2 GT cars, 2 AS cars and 1 T2 car. If anyone has any cheap body parts ie bumpers, door skins fenders trunk lid, especially in GG please let me know.Marty

sblvro Apr 15, 2008 07:52 AM

some pics of the licking?

honki24 Apr 15, 2008 08:15 AM

Very nice work Marty, I'm anxious to see you out doing your magic sometime. 2:12 is a fantastic time. Amazing story, wish I could have seen that. I'd LOVE to see the in-car. If that ever is available you can get me at FlatineMotorsports@hotmail.com

meanmud Apr 15, 2008 09:34 AM

bump for Marty and some free parts {thumbup}

Barfly30 Apr 15, 2008 02:37 PM

Nice job Marty. I tried swinging by when you were near the tech shed, but you were on your cell phone. I'll catch you at the track one of these days.

________
Jason