Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

VIR double National scca

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2008, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
VIR double National scca

In short, this was the first (inaugural) VIR double. I have the turbo restrictor on and the new springs so I had to get used to the car again. No real surprises as it was a little slower and handled better. The best part is that it was much much easier on tires. Their were only 3 t2 cars in the group but Rob Hines was one of them in his very fast 350Z with some kinda new motor that was very noticeable and Charles Guest in a solstice GXP (the car that finished 3rd at the runoffs).. Sooo race 1 on Saturday-I started out in 3rd and after 2 laps I was in second place just 2 seconds behind Rob when going into the oak tree, my brakes got really soft so I took two tires off, normally not a big deal with awd but it had rained all morning so the dirt outside of the turn was very slick mud. I spun around and backed into the tire wall, spun back around and headed back after Rob, only losing about 8 or so seconds total. Two laps later I caught and passed Charlie Guest for 2nd place but as I was in the last part of the braking zone after the back straight ( as you are about to break right) Charlie lost his brakes and slammed me in the rear bumper launching me off drivers left and over into the grassy knoll. As I was spinning I was able to get on the gas and get back on track losing about 12 seconds total. After that I was just trying to run Charlie back down but fell .5 short finishing 3rd. 2nd race I started in 3rd again but Charlie didn't show up on the grid so I was in 2nd 3 cars behind Hines (some AS cars between). After 3 laps, I got inside on Rob going into turn 1 and held the lead for about 7 laps when Rob jumped inside of me when I was behind lap traffic going into oak tree but I was able to jump right on his bumper and re passed him shortly after getting back onto the back straight. From there I just held on not pushing the car but being very very wide. The margin of victory was .6 seconds (as in point 6). Rob and I both beat my track record by running 2:12.5s but he has it by a couple hundreds now My car is pretty banged up as I got hit by 2 GT cars, 2 AS cars and 1 T2 car. If anyone has any cheap body parts ie bumpers, door skins fenders trunk lid, especially in GG please let me know.Marty
Old Apr 15, 2008, 07:52 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
some pics of the licking?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice work Marty, I'm anxious to see you out doing your magic sometime. 2:12 is a fantastic time. Amazing story, wish I could have seen that. I'd LOVE to see the in-car. If that ever is available you can get me at FlatineMotorsports@hotmail.com
Old Apr 15, 2008, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump for Marty and some free parts
Old Apr 15, 2008, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice job Marty. I tried swinging by when you were near the tech shed, but you were on your cell phone. I'll catch you at the track one of these days.

________
Jason