EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Motor Sports (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports-15/)
-   -   Buttonwillow - 6/21 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/motor-sports/754784-buttonwillow-6-21-a.html)

Rom Jun 11, 2019 08:21 PM

Buttonwillow - 6/21
 
Hi all,

With only 10 days to go to our Friday, June 21st Buttonwillow event, the weather promises to be glorious, dry and perfect for honing your lap times! We have several run groups to choose from, and all groups get a full 5 sessions at 20 mins each. For more details and to register please visit the following URL:

http://msreg.com/turn8062119

Use code LAST20 for an instant 20% off the regular price!
If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me.

Our last event in April was pretty awesome - check out the pics on our Instagram page (@turn8trackdays).

Thanks!

S.

Fox_IX Jun 11, 2019 11:05 PM

I want to come out, but it's just too damn hot to be driving south right now. What kind of temps are you guys seeing at the track? I don't do well with heat... :P I'd rather stand in the pouring rain with NWRA, personally LOL

Rom Jun 12, 2019 05:24 AM


Originally Posted by Fox_IX (Post 11875899)
I want to come out, but it's just too damn hot to be driving south right now. What kind of temps are you guys seeing at the track? I don't do well with heat... :P I'd rather stand in the pouring rain with NWRA, personally LOL

Hi Fox,

Right now the max temp is forecasted to be 96F, which probably wont be reached until later in the afternoon. Honestly not too bad! We also have the main air conditioned building available to hang out in in-between sessions.

Ive attended much hotter days personally so I think the temp will be fine :)

Thanks!

S.

kaj Jun 12, 2019 07:15 AM

Get yourself a cool shirt. I bought a shirt and made my own set up for it. It's the best summer time investment I've ever made.

Balrok Jun 12, 2019 04:50 PM

Other then track time itself, it's by far the best driver enhancement. I'm upgrading to a ChillOut if anyone's interested in my cool suit stuff.

1. Portable coolsuit bag, cig adapter, 2 white shirts
2. 12qt cooler system, 2 prong hard wired adapter, 1 black shirt with SFI disconnects.

Only thing you'll need is the 6foot hose as I'm keeping that.

Fox_IX Jun 12, 2019 11:08 PM


Originally Posted by kaj (Post 11875922)
Get yourself a cool shirt. I bought a shirt and made my own set up for it. It's the best summer time investment I've ever made.


Originally Posted by Balrok (Post 11876037)
Other then track time itself, it's by far the best driver enhancement. I'm upgrading to a ChillOut if anyone's interested in my cool suit stuff.

1. Portable coolsuit bag, cig adapter, 2 white shirts
2. 12qt cooler system, 2 prong hard wired adapter, 1 black shirt with SFI disconnects.

Only thing you'll need is the 6foot hose as I'm keeping that.

Definitely on my list! Thanks for the ideas, I'll have to get one and try to make it out there!
Would also love to see your guys' mounting solutions for the coolsuit gear.

Balrok Jun 13, 2019 10:54 AM

If you have full interior then the motorcycle bag aka portable is the way to go. Strapped in, cig lighter plug, fill and go. I have no pass seat let alone interior so I have a dozen places to put the full size cooler.

kaj Jun 13, 2019 05:36 PM


Originally Posted by Fox_IX (Post 11876066)
Definitely on my list! Thanks for the ideas, I'll have to get one and try to make it out there!
Would also love to see your guys' mounting solutions for the coolsuit gear.

I riveted my mounting strap to the floor, behind my driver seet. For the heck of it, I use a really strong bungie cord as back up. I have no carpet/back seats, so the cord criss crosses the strap using one of the holes the rear seat cusion snaps into and goes forward from there. I can post a pic if you want. It's the easiest/most convenient place I could find to put it. I run power from the cigarette lighter harness (I think... would need to have to look to confirm) which goes under my center console (had to keep because cup holder LOL) and has a 6" pigtail that terminates into a 2-wire WhetherPak plug. The pump draws so little, I didn't even need to use a relay. It's a really, really sweet setup. I think I may have paid about $75 for the parts to build and another $110 for the shirt. Totally, absolutely, completely worth it.
During my last track day, I left the A/C on in the pits, before staging. Between that and the shirt, I got cold. I had to turn off the A/C. After my session, my head wasn't even sweating in my helmet.

Rom Jun 13, 2019 11:11 PM


Originally Posted by kaj (Post 11876140)
I riveted my mounting strap to the floor, behind my driver seet. For the heck of it, I use a really strong bungie cord as back up. I have no carpet/back seats, so the cord criss crosses the strap using one of the holes the rear seat cusion snaps into and goes forward from there. I can post a pic if you want. It's the easiest/most convenient place I could find to put it. I run power from the cigarette lighter harness (I think... would need to have to look to confirm) which goes under my center console (had to keep because cup holder LOL) and has a 6" pigtail that terminates into a 2-wire WhetherPak plug. The pump draws so little, I didn't even need to use a relay. It's a really, really sweet setup. I think I may have paid about $75 for the parts to build and another $110 for the shirt. Totally, absolutely, completely worth it.
During my last track day, I left the A/C on in the pits, before staging. Between that and the shirt, I got cold. I had to turn off the A/C. After my session, my head wasn't even sweating in my helmet.

Hey kaj - how did you make it? I've been looking at various methods - since I'm very DIY/hands on, I prefer to make my own. Just interested in the route you went. Did you just use an ice cooler with pump? Do you have any priming issues?

Thanks!

S.

kaj Jun 14, 2019 12:44 PM


Originally Posted by Rom (Post 11876188)
Hey kaj - how did you make it? I've been looking at various methods - since I'm very DIY/hands on, I prefer to make my own. Just interested in the route you went. Did you just use an ice cooler with pump? Do you have any priming issues?

Thanks!

S.

I pretty much followed this how-to http://forums.nasaaz.com/showthread.php?t=6608

Use the METAL hose ends (PLCD17006), not the plastic versions, as they reportedly work with all cool shirts. From what I've read the plastic ends are only compatible with one brand shirt, I don't remember which. I used an Ultra Chiller shirt for my setup. I can't confirm which other shirts work with the metal ends because the companies I contacted did NOT want to share information seeing how I wasn't buying their coolers.
Priming issues?

Rom Jun 19, 2019 12:40 AM


Originally Posted by kaj (Post 11876241)
I pretty much followed this how-to http://forums.nasaaz.com/showthread.php?t=6608

Use the METAL hose ends (PLCD17006), not the plastic versions, as they reportedly work with all cool shirts. From what I've read the plastic ends are only compatible with one brand shirt, I don't remember which. I used an Ultra Chiller shirt for my setup. I can't confirm which other shirts work with the metal ends because the companies I contacted did NOT want to share information seeing how I wasn't buying their coolers.
Priming issues?

Thanks kaj! By priming I meant the cavitation issue that is mentioned. When that happens the pump has issues priming and nothing flows. Looks like the thread recommended mounting horizontally to get around that issue.

By the way, weve now got a FLASH30 code available for 30% off, so if anyone still wants to come, we still have some space!

Thanks!

S.

kaj Jun 19, 2019 05:03 PM


Originally Posted by Rom (Post 11876786)
Thanks kaj! By priming I meant the cavitation issue that is mentioned. When that happens the pump has issues priming and nothing flows. Looks like the thread recommended mounting horizontally to get around that issue.

By the way, weve now got a FLASH30 code available for 30% off, so if anyone still wants to come, we still have some space!

Thanks!

S.

I think I mounted my pump normally and no problems as of yet. It would be super ready to just lay it down, though.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:20 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands