Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Who's EVO is this?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2010, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rmondoh
I have probably seen you around and just not noticed. I live near O'Connor & 183...so not too far from you guys! If you can see my signature, I have a small picture of my car there. Basically: Blue Evo X with a carbon fiber vortex generator.
Sent you a PM
Old Oct 21, 2010, 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
Lawton = gonna be ragged to hell. It's a military base town and honestly soldiers tend to not take care of their cars and abuse them.

I heard that people that live in The Colony, drive only white Evo's and work in the alternative energy industry really ragg the hell outa cars....
Old Oct 21, 2010, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Lawton = gonna be ragged to hell. It's a military base town and honestly soldiers tend to not take care of their cars and abuse them.
that's gotta be a stereotype

i bought my very first evo viii used from don herring mitsu...and i'd hate to say it but it was freakin' ragged on and it wasn't even red (pinkish), tail lights were painted black outside with the red parts cut out, dash was painted red, etc...but i wanted to have an evo so bad then and i loved the car when i first saw it. i took good care of it once i got it, got it all cleaned up, polished it till it was back to "rally red", and did all the maintenance on it. that evo was so babied my kids would get jealous

Last edited by reggiesd; Oct 21, 2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Forget it

Last edited by keath; Oct 21, 2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Nah. I know a lot more military people with blown motors than IT people

As well, Lawton is in poorsville Oklahoma with no real support for Evos and **** gas. Trust me, 90% of Evos there are abused. Ask Kevin
Yes make sure you ask KevinD about my car LMAO

you are right about one thing we do have **** poor gas, thats why i run Corn
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You're in the 10% then.

Drive around Lawton and tell me that a car like an Evo is not going to be be abused! I mean using the car like it was meant to be used is one thing (and I'm as guilty as the next), but I'm talking about ragging the hell out of the car.

Either way. Any used Evo is a crapshoot.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

When buying a used Evo, the previous owner(s) is just as important as the car. When I bought my VIII, it was a big plus to know who was the original owner.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 09:25 AM
Evolving Member

You're in the 10% then.

Drive around Lawton and tell me that a car like an Evo is not going to be be abused! I mean using the car like it was meant to be used is one thing (and I'm as guilty as the next), but I'm talking about ragging the hell out of the car.

Either way. Any used Evo is a crapshoot.
Well there is only 4 EVO's that i know in Lawton so...

Agree with you on the used evo being a crapshoot..
Old Oct 22, 2010, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

not everyone is as rich as you guys and can always buy brand new...

...you're pretty much saying, don't buy an evo if you're gonna buy it used. i'm sorry, but no wonder i've heard a lot of people say people in NTEC are cocky and arrogant.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 01:47 PM

I take good care of mine and im military.. of cours if i was stationed in Lawton I would probably be angry most of the time and either cut myself or beat the crap out of my evo..

and as fair as being cocky or arrogant or whatever by saying dont buy a used evo..

it's a car that is built and marketed to be tracked and driven hard.. you're 50/50 on wether or not the person who owned it previously beat the hell out of it or not. I personally wouldn't buy a used one and thats why I waited to get one until I could buy one new. it is also the only car i've purchased new.

and you have an X.. so you probably bought it new....

Last edited by steven02; Oct 22, 2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

but not everyone buys an Evo with a mind set of tracking it or ragging it to hell..there are those who buy it because they love the car, wanna have it for leisure, and just for the sake of saying "hey, I drive a Mitsubishi Evo"

We all have the same passion...and it's the pride of owning a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo...may it be for tracking it or just the hobby of owning your dream car, I don't think it's fair to discourage someone dreaming to own one not to buy just because it's used. Like it was stated above, you can do the research and get a good deal..or heck even if it was ragged on, you can work on it and bring it back to pristine shape.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 04:17 PM

thats why i said you're 50/50..
Old Oct 23, 2010, 12:23 PM

You're really 50/50 on any car you buy used... Especially if it's a type of car that is usually modded/tracked/raced. He and I both know this.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 05:11 PM

when you guys do find one you should ak the dealer for the service record on the vehicle.. that way you'll know if the cart was serviced at proper intervals... if they took it to the dealership.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 07:21 PM

Hey all, I would actually be the guy interested in purchase here. No need to argue here trust me.

A lil info about me:
Im 25,

Ive been in the pursuit of an Evo since I knew what an Evo was lol (thanx to Gran Turismo lol)

My first car was a 95 Eclipse GSX so this is not my first rodeo, it was pure hell but total heaven at the same time. The car was heavily abused. I had to work out a ton of bugs and had to do a motor install or two in it.

I am a mechanic by profession so Im not worried about getting screwed, almost all flaws will b caught before I spend all of my money on a busted car.

As an enthusiast, I know that I enjoy doing my own maintenance, so a stealerships maintenance record isnt important to me.

I know that I will HAVE TO buy used, its not about pricing... I can cover that easily. I am not a fan of the Evo Xs styling(Ive seen several that look amazing, I just prefer the style of the 8 & 9 more) or engine choice. I am a die hard 4G63 person.

hope to see/meet/chat with all of you soon

l8r,
PD

Quick Reply: Who's EVO is this?