Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

The Krisko Korner

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Said to me or someone I was with in the last week (my or her response in parentheses):

"You're kinda hot." ("You're kinda dumb.")

"I don't normally go for girls with your body type, but you look like you're working it." ("I don't normally assault strangers, but you look like you deserve it.")

"It's really unbecoming to see such an attractive woman swear so much." ("F*** off.")

"You're a hottie that can read? That's so weird." ("F*** off." ) My friend isn't so great at comebacks. LOL.

There were some we heard from different guys in the same night, so they all must be learning this somewhere.

Seriously. I know these have to work at some point, otherwise no one would use them...but don't pick up a chick with negs and then start whining that you can't find a confident, intelligent woman. Don't try to bring someone down just because she is having a good time without you.

Also, don't insult someone after being rebuffed. It's sad. Just a second ago you thought she was attractive enough to hit on, but now she's a cow? Ooookay.

/end rant
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by BambiTLK
Said to me or someone I was with in the last week (my or her response in parentheses):

"You're kinda hot." ("You're kinda dumb.")
Since when is it a neg to tell a girl she's kinda hot? Surely women must know that "10's" are few and far between. The same is true for guys. If a guy ain't a cover model or a football player, his chances of being a 10 are next to none. Heck, I'd probably fall somewhere between a 2 and a 3 myself.

But I've said various girls are "kinda cute" before...usually in conversation with friends and such. I never would have thought of that as a "neg."

Did I miss a memo or something?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I'd consider 2 of those 4 to be neg-hits.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:32 AM

Consider it what you will, it's still frustrating. Trust me, if you're hot, you don't have to do much. If you're not, then just pick up some social skills. It's really not that hard. (That's what she said.)

I've just noticed this "Game" bull**** becoming so popular in the last year or so. Or have guys always been this way and I've just been lucky up til now?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 09:42 AM

If you're not, then just pick up some social skills. It's really not that hard. (That's what she said.)
This is the part that's always frustrated the ugly guys (like me). The guys who are (or used to be) genuine, nice guys but aren't underwear models have to do so much just to even get a foot in the door. Meanwhile the a-hole guys who have the abs and such can treat girls like they don't give a rat's hind parts and the girls just fawn over them.

And then later, the girls complain about what an a-hole their boyfriends are and how they'll "never change."

Ummmm duh? I developed an entire theory about all this (that's so far proven true), but I won't go into it right now.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WTH is "negging?" I guess I've been in a relationship too long.

-Acree
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Acree
WTH is "negging?" I guess I've been in a relationship too long.

-Acree
And that's what we call a humblebrag. Kidding!

I was out of the dating world for quite a while, but this is something I've noticed gaining a lot of traction in the last year or so.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

No seriously, what is it? How does one neg?

-Acree
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:22 AM

-Acree
It's the fine "game" of insulting a woman with a compliment, so as to force her to seek your validation.

"Remember that a neg-hit is a remark, sometimes humorous, used to point out a woman’s flaws.

a) A neg-hit IS used to penetrate a woman’s ***** shield.

b) A neg-hit IS used to bring a woman down off her self-imposed pedestal.

c) A neg-hit is SINCERE. Women can spot phony a mile away.

d) And most importantly, a neg-hit IS used to bring a woman’s self perception more into line with reality."
Taken from:
http://www.sosuave.com/articles/neghits.htm

Seriously.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:24 AM

-Acree
It's a backhanded compliment/diss that's intended to lower the confidence of a girl who might otherwise be "out of your league."

For example: You say to a girl "Those earrings are nice (she smiles), my grandmother loves the cheap-looking plastic jewelry too (suddenly she feels self-conscious, thinking that her earrings make her look cheap)."

Another example: "Wow, you look nice to night. It's refreshing to see someone who's not afraid to let herself go a little."

They're compliments, but with a nice verbal back-hand to follow. They were detailed in a book called "The Game."

A "humblebrag" is, I think, in the book too (never read it myself). It's basically where you "complain" about something that most guys in your situation would not complain about. "Man...these pants are too tight...I can't fit my big ol' package in them comfortably." Or "My wallet won't fit into my pocket...it's just too full."
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

It's nothing more than being an @sshole, you're just being a smart @sshole. How is this new news?!

And to guys defense, with most of the women out in the "scene," you pretty much have to be a dick. Nice guys finish last, always. Happened to me all through high school.

-Acree
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:29 AM

[QUOTE=Bullett;10054069]Another example: "Wow, you look nice to night. It's refreshing to see someone who's not afraid to let herself go a little."
QUOTE]

That one would make me LOL.

I don't know where humblebrag is from, just something I picked up off the Internets.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:34 AM

It's nothing more than being an @sshole, you're just being a smart @sshole. How is this new news?!

And to guys defense, with most of the women out in the "scene," you pretty much have to be a dick. Nice guys finish last, always. Happened to me all through high school.
Ditto. I finished last so many times I decided to voluntarily avoid "the scene" and refuse to play "the (or any other) game."

In short, I became an a-hole just because I was tired of all the BS. Little did I know at the time that being an a-hole did in fact attract girls. Odd that I finally attracted girls at a time when that's the last thing I wanted to do.

Chicks are weird.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:35 AM

That one would make me LOL.

I don't know where humblebrag is from, just something I picked up off the Internets.
I think it's from The Game as well. The only reason I know any of that book is a morning radio "sidekick" on a show I used to listen to was well-versed in the book and would talk about it all the time.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 10:36 AM

/sigh

It's not that nice guys finish last. Nice guys are awesome.

Nice Guys™ who feel they "deserve" any hot girl they want, or who feel that the world owes them a favor are not, in fact, nice guys. In my experience, these are the ones that neg girls.

Quick Reply: The Krisko Korner