Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Ohio members?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2003, 09:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey! Euclid, OH over here, you're practically right up the street from me. Black '03 OZ here, no evo sadly. Nice to see some people in the area, I'm too far to make it to any MLC events
Old Dec 1, 2003, 08:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Charleston, WV here
Damn, you must be the only person in WV that has an EVO. I'm orig. from Clarksburg and my pops lives in cross lanes. I'm up and down I79 and I77 all the time and have yet to even see a Lancer OZ, let alone an EVO.

I fell like a celebrity when I'm in town. The first time I drove the EVO to my moms house, I went outside and there were like 10 people swarmed around my ride.

They were like, thats the car we seen on the TV set

I was impressed.

As far as dyno days forget anywhere in WV.Nothing happining around there as far as tuning. Your gonna have to drive to the DC area(4-5 hrs). There are some pretty reputable shops around here. Look in the mid-a fourm or send me a PM and maybe I can steer you in the right direction.
Old Dec 2, 2003, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cincinnati OH here. Just got the EVO last sunday. Gotta love having the only white one in the city....I think.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 09:41 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Painesville '02 Lancer. Welcome. I have seen exactly 2 Evos total. One driving down the street (heck, could've been a test drive - the dealership was a few miles away) and one I parked next to at the movies in Willoughby. We really need to get some type of Ohio meet going (perhaps at Buschur so we can all see the cool stuff they sell...)
Old Dec 7, 2003, 09:29 PM
Evolved Member

Hello from Dayton.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

There are quite a few Evos in the Columbus, Ohio area. Here's mine --
Attached Thumbnails Ohio members?-higher.jpg  
Old Dec 8, 2003, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

lets do a meet some time like in columbus thats like the center for everyone about 1.5 hours from me, one nice day soon, i know theres not many of those in the winter but we manage... but ya it would be cool to like meet and goto Mortons or somthin...
Old Dec 8, 2003, 06:00 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

We need to start an Ohio meet thread (not from Columbus, not good choice for thread starter) and organize a meet. Ohio unity!
Old Dec 8, 2003, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Blacksheepdj
We need to start an Ohio meet thread (not from Columbus, not good choice for thread starter) and organize a meet. Ohio unity!
FYI Ohio,
Mark Myers at Quantum Racing in Marysville (near Columbus) has the first and to this point only all wheel drive dyno in Ohio on the way. It is being installed after the first of the year. Mark has a wild Evo and has been working on DSM, WRX, and now Evos for years. He now has expanded his operation and has Saturday "open shop" days where guys bring their cars to work on, and get advice/help. This would be a way for people to meet and get together with our Evos. I'm sure Mark would help us organize something. He is a vendor on this board (Quantum Evo). Let him know of your interest, if any, and let's see what we can put together.
Bluesmaster
Old Dec 8, 2003, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

I am also in Columbus. I think I've seen you around Bluemaster. I think the idea of getting with Mark would be a great idea.
Old Dec 8, 2003, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

I am 100% in on doing something like you described Bluesmaster. I would love to have a meet at a real tuner, that will soon be having an AWD dyno count me in for any meets
Old Dec 8, 2003, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

A meet sounds great, only thing is I'm a damn shift worker, six days on two off. But I can put leave in one month prior.
Passen Motorsports said they also would be getting an awd dyno soon, I think it might also be next year.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 03:03 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Um, I have a Lancer. Would we still be able to dyno on that (I figure the back wheels would just spin or whatever, right?)? But I'm all down for a meet in Columbus, especially where we can work on our cars.
Old Dec 9, 2003, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
OK Count me in on the Columbus meet. As for the Dyno...I will wait for at least 2500 miles before I do that.....Mine only has 700.
Old Dec 10, 2003, 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Hey guys! This is Mark from Quantum Racing. I would love to organize a meet and get everyone together. If you guys are interested, we could surely open it up to EVO's, WRX's, and STi's if you guys don't mind. I think we could bring quite a few together for that.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com

Quick Reply: Ohio members?