Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

A Trustworthy Evo Shop in Tri-State area !

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Also depending where you are Cbrd are great if your close to Pa. If your in LI I would recommend VinnyTenRacing... Vinny is by far the nicest person I meet and knows how to make ppl happy... I went to him with my g35 to pick up a ss clutch line and for only 15 more he did the install turns out I had a few problems, master cylinder was shot and lines were clogged... I was about 80 miles from my house and he couldn't finish the car on time so he gave me his own personal pick up so I could get home...
Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:40 PM
Evolving Member

Remember it's not always about the money... Some shots could charge cheap and do a ****ty job where others might be a bit more pricey but they know exactly what there doing and you'll have the piece of mind that your baby (car) is in good hands
Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are asking for trust, shops who ask for more, tend to offer more...
You'll need to decide how much you are willing to pay and what you expect. Plenty of good suggestions in this thread.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
I know a shop in the Tri State are. /actually all big racing shops about evo's/
What im talking about is RKT. They build the first 4-5 USRC /united states rally championship / cars too. Real open Time attack cars, and so on so forth. Not an open shop for oil change or bolt ons.... They do nothing BUT serious race cars. Despite that fact i still can squeeze you in, if you decide to go there.
They job and name / in real racing world/ has a biggest respect .They are not so forum people though. That is why you may not heard of them.
But look the shops up and let me bring you there. You should do and see couple shops before you do things like that anyway. You do want to see where you spend your money.
The shop and the cars there , speak them self. So far who ever entered there , brought and continuously bring they car back. There is some real serious drivers shows up there and one ex WRC driver car is build and serviced by them, Not long ago one Finn showed up who actually was a Mitsubishi WRC driver... Also some EU WRC driver rent car from them for events here...
They prices are also great, believe it it or not. Better then most shop around. Period. I know it from personal experience.
Usually this type of posts from me got deleted, i hope it will not this time. It is not and advertising , its a personal experience about the last 7 years in the US around Evo,s .
So i leave the pics and links out i know that is probably a killer...LOL

Anyway.

Pm me , if you are interested.

Rob

/pm sorry i forgot , they do not do tuning, they bring people from EU for that , The reason is very simple. They do build a real race cars for real races, and they do want the max out of they engine safely....so that is not an option for you, i assume. Because that part is expensive/

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jun 12, 2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 05:43 AM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You may want to give STM a shout. Even though they're Upstate, their prices are so reasonable for the quality of work they do, that it may be advantageous to ship the car a few hundred miles.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by N33d4sp33d
Ivey is great w/ the tune but I hear they are pricey. The problem I am facing is not knowing what is it going to cost me as the shop is building the car...no shop quotes a price on a total build untill they decide what the car needs
they should have a ball park for you. If they know what they doing they should have and idea approx how much it will cost. Yes there is always something comes up or other way going smoothly. But still you should be around the estimate.
The best part is , when some shop give you an estimate what you probably would like , just to get a job , and then they want you bend over. Get an estimate on paper. You should do that on big jobs .on the car
If they wont do it, then you better off walking anyway.

Rob
Old Jun 12, 2010, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I suggest STM as well you rarely hear aabout STM messing up.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Ivey is one of the best I've been too straight up no BS.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lvis
no i heard some stories about them

i hear good things from people that went to
http://www.mojomotorsport.com/
the only reason you heard stories about them is because they are the best and people try to pull down the best...

Top Level by far best shop and best tuner. You cant go wrong with them. I put down 397hp 400tq on a dynojet dyno with no CF and 0 smoothing on E85 with a stock turbo and stock block.

TRUST ME... they are the best no questions asked
Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

STM in Rochester, NY. Make the trip it is worth it. At least call them and talk it over about what you want done. There prices are excellent for the quality they do.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Edit..

Last edited by KaRboN; Jun 19, 2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Want to pay once or twice?

Sean
Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Building cars costs money.

Cheap and fast don't go together, no matter what it will cost some money.

If there is no money there shall be no speed.

Reality, no matter where you go if you want labor done right you will pay. And if you don't you will pay later.

I try not to sugar coat, if you want a car that runs right, you need the good parts, and the right people to put it together.

Sean

Last edited by Sean@Iveytune; Jun 12, 2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Ivey is great, CBRD is great. Those are the only two in the tristate area I would be willing to let fondle my car.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:10 AM
Former Sponsor

To the op,,,,

There are many good shops in the tri-state area,, some of them even mentioned in this thread. Ultimately you should take your car where you feel the most comfortable. My advice is to spend some time with each of the shops and have a look for yourself.

Your project is very special to you. You have your goals in mind and want to get the most from your combo? Our doors are open Monday-Friday till 8-9pm. Stop by anytime you want and see why our guys are racers not ricers.

Good luck with your project either way.

Quick Reply: A Trustworthy Evo Shop in Tri-State area !