Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

My little evo project

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2006, 01:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My little evo project

Well the saga began in November and my little baby Evo has started to grow up. Because I'm a retard I will probably not get all this right but I will try. She has been at English Racing for some little toys i.e. custom intake, Perrin fuel rail, fuel pump, steel braided fuel lines, 3 inch turbo back exhaust with a magnaflow muffler, automter C2 gauges, methynol injection, Greddy boost controller, and wideband.

well today I got her back and dyno'ed her at Torque Freaks. Here are the sheets! Pictures will be up tomorrow!

Pictures- http://www.englishracing.net/gallery...&g2_itemId=756

This is from Lucas from English Racing

1st pic "This was the higest hp with the AFR's in the low 12s at peak hp. I added in fuel here to get back into the 11s so we lost about 2hp. TQ is down form the rich area down low. Boost hear spike 25psi and hold 22psi."

2nd pic "Here I got the lowend leaned up some and the boost was spikeing 26psi and holding the same 22psi at redline."

3rd pic The uncorrected numbers.
Attached Thumbnails My little evo project-evo-20dyno-201.jpg   My little evo project-evo-20dyno.jpg   My little evo project-uncorrected.jpg  

Last edited by Zoom; Feb 17, 2006 at 06:55 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 01:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice job with your project Laura!! I am happy for you, just don't listend to those asssholess that will be talking crap they just have envy cuz you're faster can wait for PIR is open.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 01:20 AM

Hehe I know. They're just afraid to get beaten by a girl.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

yup i can tell from the other post but the turbojunkie and little they can give you some good tips ask billi(turbojunkie he is prety cool.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

hey, i didnt mean to come off as if i was bashing. I accually talk to your boyfriend all the time at pir. kul guy. he used to think id never get my evo to run 11's much less low 12's, now he has one (or his Gfriend). I knew lucas back when would come all the way out from wash. to forestgrove to help me tune my old talon. anyway i think its great the 9's are responding so well to minimal mods. i love good compitition (sp). i choose to not to run meth. my choice. you do. we all have ideas on whats the best and thats what make the EVO so great. so many things to make it go fast. anyway. i hope your b=friend beens practicing. lauching awd is way different than rear. tell him im taking down that vette of his. j/k take care and see ya at the track. Junkie
Originally Posted by Zoom
Old Feb 11, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

I think the Evo is faster then the z06 now. BTW Lucas was running consistent 10.90s at PIR this summer just in case anybody missed it, he knows what hes doing and this car isnt going to have a single problem caused by the methanol injection.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Turbojunkie
hey, i didnt mean to come off as if i was bashing. I accually talk to your boyfriend all the time at pir. kul guy. he used to think id never get my evo to run 11's much less low 12's, now he has one (or his Gfriend). I knew lucas back when would come all the way out from wash. to forestgrove to help me tune my old talon. anyway i think its great the 9's are responding so well to minimal mods. i love good compitition (sp). i choose to not to run meth. my choice. you do. we all have ideas on whats the best and thats what make the EVO so great. so many things to make it go fast. anyway. i hope your b=friend beens practicing. lauching awd is way different than rear. tell him im taking down that vette of his. j/k take care and see ya at the track. Junkie
Hey no offense taken your awesome! And the Evo is my car! We have both practiced launching it and I totally whoop him. hehe ( I hope he doesn't read this). i'm hoping to get a few more things on the car before race season starts, but I'll be happy enough with this stuff on for now.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Lucas English = Meth God

1940 bucks for 300whp, You CANNOT go wrong.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Your results are great. When Al comes to town, he'll be able to take care of the low torque at spool up. Then it will feel like a monster.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
We are using the MAFT PRO with a GM 3bar for our fuel contorll. The AUX works great with the Meth. My new meth set up is very nice. If she is to run out of meth the boost will drop to 15psi and it is will be on a mid 11s AFR tune.

The TQ # are low due to the dyno pick up reading 1000rpm to high. I wrote in the real RPM in place of the wrong. For some reason the dyno guy just did a optical pic up. I hope we can dyno it again on the dyno day next weekend and I will have the spark plug cover off so we should be able to get a better pic up and get the right RPM. I am also going to tune some more of the low end rich spot out which should pick up some more TQ.

My GVR4 runs 11.9@115 and the EVO pulled me buy a 1/2 car form 60-120mph so with good driving high 11s may happen.

The car should have good TQ it is at full boost buy 2800rpm.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

lucas, this sounds like a setup for a gt35r kit .
Originally Posted by Lucas English
We are using the MAFT PRO with a GM 3bar for our fuel contorll. The AUX works great with the Meth. My new meth set up is very nice. If she is to run out of meth the boost will drop to 15psi and it is will be on a mid 11s AFR tune.

The TQ # are low due to the dyno pick up reading 1000rpm to high. I wrote in the real RPM in place of the wrong. For some reason the dyno guy just did a optical pic up. I hope we can dyno it again on the dyno day next weekend and I will have the spark plug cover off so we should be able to get a better pic up and get the right RPM. I am also going to tune some more of the low end rich spot out which should pick up some more TQ.

My GVR4 runs 11.9@115 and the EVO pulled me buy a 1/2 car form 60-120mph so with good driving high 11s may happen.

The car should have good TQ it is at full boost buy 2800rpm.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Zoom
WRONG!...I just hate getting beat by anybody.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jim_Patterson
I think the Evo is faster then the z06 now. BTW Lucas was running consistent 10.90s at PIR this summer just in case anybody missed it, he knows what hes doing and this car isnt going to have a single problem caused by the methanol injection.
Yeah, I got one of his first 10's on video.
Old Feb 11, 2006, 11:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by J Dog
Yeah, I got one of his first 10's on video.
It was pretty impressive, I was not allowed to race that night so I got to see the 10s run. Hopefully this evo project makes him get an evo soon....or just mod mine as a company car?
Old Feb 12, 2006, 08:21 AM
Evolving Member

It definitely was impressive.

Oh yeah, back on topic...congrats Zoom on the numbers.

Quick Reply: My little evo project