Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.
View Poll Results: What Magazine Name Would you Prefer? PM your suggestion if you dont like what you see
Project Alpha Presents...
2.78%
Import Performance Magazine
16.67%
Import Geek Magazine
5.56%
The Wastegate
36.11%
StreetLine Magazine
38.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

You Decide the Name of Our Future Magazine...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2007, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation You Decide the Name of Our Future Magazine...

So the Project Alpha Production boys are nearing their date to come back from Iraq... Of course I cant give exact details as to when we'll be coming home, but it will be soon.

Iraq has been a very challenging, eye opening experience for us combat arms boys. Since our last 12 month tour in iraq (2003-2004), the last 15 months has been full of dangers and life changing experiences. Lucky for us, we found much needed support by having Ryan Sullivan of the NW Evolutions being stationed 15 minutes away from our base...

We've braved through the toughest of times, as well as the loss of several close comrades. With our determination and will still in-tact, we have chosen to drive on with our dreams of becoming the leading example for the performance industry in the years to come...

We are nearing completion for our own DVD Based Import Performance Magazine, that will be available by January of 2009...

The planning of the next West Coast Import Tour has began, and once again, it will take place between July-August of next summer. The exact dates will be determined when we find out which week has the most events in a six day period...

WCIT 08 will take place on time since our staff will be free from our military obligations after recieving our honorable discharge. We will be able to devote our un-divided attention so we can ensure that WCIT 08' will set the example for the future of our organized Import Tours.

Currently, we have been video taping the project cars in the Northwest to complement next year's tour DVD, as well as create a foundation for articles and features in our future DVD based Magazine...

These cars Include:
  • 240SX S14.5 RB26DETT Swap
  • NWE 900+ Horsepower EVO VIII
  • Full Carbon Fiber NSX
  • 800+ HP 98TT Supra
  • Project Alpha's APR Widebody 04 Twin Scroll STi - (Filming to start at World One Performance for the STi next month)
  • 350Z APS Twin Turbo
  • Project Alpha APS SR55 DD STi
  • Project Alpha DD Time Attack Evo VIII
  • Classic 87' MR2 Turbo Swap
...as well as many other fully built power hungry race cars and daily driven balanced rides...

Now, with a magazine, you need to have a catchy name that when someone mentions it, you immediately know what mag they are talking about.

We're looking for a few good names for our future magazine from the members of the Evolutionm Forums. . .

We need name that would give our future magazine a name that would go hand in hand with performance, balance, and the ever lasting addiction of the persuit for more power through aftermarket modifications...

We've listed a few names already on the Poll, and we're not looking for anyone to buy, or sell our products. This is just a random poll to see what people like or dislike for our future magazine's name.

If you give us a name that is better than the ones we provided on the poll, we'll do our best to hook it up with your 'dream list' modifications (within reason), and will also feature your car in our first magazine...

Upon the selection of the best name, either by the poll results, or an unanimous decision by the Project Alpha staff, we will announce the name, and begin our business on Nasioc.com as a Registered Vendor.

Thanks for the support!

Happy Voting!

Cheers!

Kory Noble
www.myspace.com/04stiguy

Nobley68@hotmail.com

(if any problems arise with this post, please notify me before locking the thread, and I will edit my post accordingly)

Last edited by deathinacan; Aug 12, 2007 at 10:33 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I would go with Streetline Magazine
Old Aug 12, 2007, 07:06 AM

^^^... and the funniest thing about that name was just something I came up with out of nowhere... I didnt even think about how good it sounded...

..kor
Old Aug 12, 2007, 08:06 AM

haze suggested....

Power Tuned
Import Addicted
Import Life
Import Lifestyles
Driven

not bad at all! keep em comin!
Old Aug 12, 2007, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Few more off the top of my head:

Inline 4
High Tuned
Street Sport
Street Tuned
Import Evolved
World Tuned
Import World
Spec Tuned
Old Aug 12, 2007, 08:54 AM

i like inline four, but that limits to four cylinders...

... maybe something dealing with 'high compression'... or 'ratios'... something like that... technobabble, but nothing too confusing...

I dont want to make the same mistake that Dsport made with their first mag and called it 'DragSport' and people thought it was a Gay Parade magazine about Crossdressers...

That and names like 'tuner' have negative association with an existing title called 'import tuner'... which has turned into the epitomie of the import scene... too much fab and blab with that mag...
Old Aug 12, 2007, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Hard decision
Old Aug 12, 2007, 01:33 PM

no kidding..

supra guys like the 'import performance' name..

subaru guys like the 'wastegate' name...

and the mistu guys like the 'streetline' magazine name...

.... so many decisions...

Haze did come up with a few good ones too.. we'll have to add those into future polls...
Old Aug 12, 2007, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

well there are some good options... Import performance mag is catchy because you can just put IPM. anyway inline 4 cracks me up...you should make it V-4 lol just kidding with you...good luck tho
Old Aug 12, 2007, 01:39 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by deathinacan
supra guys like the 'import performance' name..

subaru guys like the 'wastegate' name...

and the mistu guys like the 'streetline' magazine name...

lol, I don't really understand how you picked those associations. I like wastegate myself.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 01:40 PM
Account Disabled

Is this kinda like the Litmatch Productions vid, or is it coming out on a regular bases?

Inline4 might make people think you are associated with the shop in Cali.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Furley
Is this kinda like the Litmatch Productions vid, or is it coming out on a regular bases?

Inline4 might make people think you are associated with the shop in Cali.

Well, by 2009, plans are to have a monthly based video magazine with our articles available for downloads. The magazine will be available on the shelf for the first year for circulation and getting the name out, and each issue will have a polybagged DVD with a compact dvd case...

...This way you can take the issue with you and even play it while you're installing parts on your car...

Eventually we'll have enough vids of installs and part reviews to give forums an in-depth video base that would go hand in hand with articles that people might need.

Sometimes, pictures just dont explain an install in depth enough.. and manuals for installs can be complex and confusing...

- If the magazine flops, then so be it, but we're doing our best to get this off the ground...

Last edited by deathinacan; Aug 12, 2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by fostytou
lol, I don't really understand how you picked those associations. I like wastegate myself.
.. appologies - just going off of the poll numbers on the other forums bro - didnt mean stereotypes or anything!

kor
Old Aug 12, 2007, 06:37 PM
Account Disabled

Edit: n/m reading owns me. I'll get back to you.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

how about Apex Threat? or something with Apex that way it will get listed first if you go through a distribution service

Quick Reply: You Decide the Name of Our Future Magazine...