Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Port Townsend drive?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2011, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by camo_vw
There was about 600 or so cars last year. And if there isn't enough parking in the stadium, oh well, there is street parking, and the town is very welcoming ( helps the Local economy out). Its not really about European vs. Whatever. It's about a food drive and they are not gonna turn away donations. We are all part of a community, some euro, some jdm, some domestic. All come together for the greater good to donate to people who are less fortunate.
The scenery and purpose is why I was interested. Camo, I know they won't turn down donations, but they can turn down parking for the people doing the donating. I understand it is put on by a European car group, but I also see that every car there will be taking part in the food collections and that's why I thought it would be more fair if it was all cars allowed in.

Cause, in all seriousness, who here really wants to leave their baby parked out on the street? And no one would get irritated if on arrival, they're told they couldn't park inside and pointed another way? I find that extremely hard to believe.

So, that's why I posted questions about it, because everyone should know in advance that there is the possibility of that happening, thus preventing any possible pissiness. Hopefully every car gets in there regardless of make, but if not, it was discussed here and you have no right to throw a temper tantrum.

Last edited by BellyD; Feb 16, 2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

I agree with Angie. The Golden Gardens meet was a similar situation and was rather irritating. Trying to cram way too many cars in way too little space. Not only that, but half the Evos that went were in one parking lot, the other half in the next all the way across. By the time we saw the rest of the Evo peeps, they were leaving.

Dont get me wrong, I go to see all kinds of cars. However my main motivation in going to 90% of meets is to be able to cruise and park with fellow Evo's.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Im coming. I living in port angeles which is about 50 miles away from P-Town.
Old Feb 16, 2011, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BellyD
The scenery and purpose is why I was interested. Camo, I know they won't turn down donations, but they can turn down parking for the people doing the donating. I understand it is put on by a European car group, but I also see that every car there will be taking part in the food collections and that's why I thought it would be more fair if it was all cars allowed in.

Cause, in all seriousness, who here really wants to leave their baby parked out on the street? And no one would get irritated if on arrival, they're told they couldn't park inside and pointed another way? I find that extremely hard to believe.

So, that's why I posted questions about it, because everyone should know in advance that there is the possibility of that happening, thus preventing any possible pissiness. Hopefully every car gets in there regardless of make, but if not, it was discussed here and you have no right to throw a temper tantrum.
^ I agree with this, parking on the street sucks but also I hate when ppl walk close to cars, kick rocks and touch inside the stadium. Not as many ppl around the cars on the street. Las year my ex gf's car last year got back into on the same street where the entrance to the stadium is on. Cracked her new shaved bumper, shes lucky it was just an honest local.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by daishi77
I'd be willing to go just need to figure out where all the E85 stations are lol. If not i might just meet up with everyone down there since im up in oak harbor.
I can tell you on this side of the narrows (Kitsap) there are ZERO stations...fuggin bastards need to give me atleast one station
Old Feb 17, 2011, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dbsears
I can tell you on this side of the narrows (Kitsap) there are ZERO stations...fuggin bastards need to give me atleast one station

All you have to do is stick a few gas containers in your trunk for the drive
Old Feb 18, 2011, 01:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Wayne99gsr
Im coming. I living in port angeles which is about 50 miles away from P-Town.
Where you think we should catch up with the convoy? Maybe Gig Harbor?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Is anyone attempting to have the south guys meet up while the caravan cruises through Tacoma? Can someone take initiative on this? Should be a good handful of cars joining up.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Where you think we should catch up with the convoy? Maybe Gig Harbor?
No probably not. Im thinking just drive from PA to Port townsend thats it.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Haha then I will just leave from Silverdale lol.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Haha then I will just leave from Silverdale lol.
There u go!!
Old Feb 19, 2011, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

Ok, since no one is taking any initiative in helping the South guys meet up, can someone whos willing to keep incontact with me during the morning of the meet PM me their number?
Old Mar 4, 2011, 09:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone still going to this? Weather looks like it might be sunny....ish.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

I should be going still.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure I'm going, as long as I'm not too beat from snowboarding this Saturday.

Quick Reply: Port Townsend drive?