Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

E-85 Coming soon to mill creek, WA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RaptorReed
I'll probably never make the switch to E85, not enough stations have it and after the problems people are having with the dreaded goo it leaves behind, I think I'll pass.
GVR4.org discussion on E85 Black Goo

I read that is actually an issue with certain places putting additives in the E85. It's not all E85, it only depends on what they put in the fuel. There is a huge thread about it on here. Do a search you should be able to find it.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 01:36 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by yahu
definitely the "Smokey Point" exit (#206 I believe), but is it really considered a city?

*edit - interesting thread, Tim. I hadn't heard of anyone in the NW running ethanol with this issue that I can think of. So unless it is SOP to clean off the injectors and no one is talking about it, it must not be as much of an issue here? Anyone with input?
Spencer's (4thStroke on here, Vancouver WA area ) GVR4 suffered damage from it, the #4 injector failed, car ran lean then burnt a hole through his head and damaged the block some. Now it's rebuild time again.

I'll look into searching around here for it Graphic, true it isn't all E85 stations but it is something to keep an eye out for as it's not narrowed down to just one central location that it happens in.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 03:08 AM
Evolved Member

FWIW, I'm sure the stations aren't doing much to the fuel, but I could see the distributors, or further up the chain putting additives in.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 08:27 AM

AVS gas and co is my station.

Im talking to the department of ecology to see if they are willing to give any grants for placing E85 at my station instead of going through Propel.

I have spoken with Wilson oil, NWPump, Evergreen enviornmental services and many more people.

I have 4 tanks under ground. Reg, Plus, Premium, Diesel.

We are trying to see how much it would cost for Myself to have 1 of the tanks empty, where i can Blend 2 of the grades at the pump instead of seperate tanks (like many other gas stations do)

If i can do that, then it gives us an empty tanks where i can place E85 but i will still have to get new dispensers.

THIS IS ONLY IF PROPEL HAS PROBLEMS. From what we are told in our contract with them, we are guarrenteed to get it eventually, but i figured if my business can make more money doing it on our own then thats something i will look into.

Ill keep u guys more posted.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
update?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnnyTSi
update?
Yes, this.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:13 PM

On the other end of the spectrum, have you considered selling ethanol-free gas? There are a lot of classic car people that are having problems with the E-10 fuel sold these days. It also has a tendency to gum up small engines like lawnmowers and chainsaws.
Additionally, most people get significantly better mileage with ethanol-free fuel.

Originally Posted by motion3131
AVS gas and co is my station.

Im talking to the department of ecology to see if they are willing to give any grants for placing E85 at my station instead of going through Propel.

I have spoken with Wilson oil, NWPump, Evergreen enviornmental services and many more people.

I have 4 tanks under ground. Reg, Plus, Premium, Diesel.

We are trying to see how much it would cost for Myself to have 1 of the tanks empty, where i can Blend 2 of the grades at the pump instead of seperate tanks (like many other gas stations do)

If i can do that, then it gives us an empty tanks where i can place E85 but i will still have to get new dispensers.

THIS IS ONLY IF PROPEL HAS PROBLEMS. From what we are told in our contract with them, we are guarrenteed to get it eventually, but i figured if my business can make more money doing it on our own then thats something i will look into.

Ill keep u guys more posted.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Drove by yesterday on my way home.

No yellow hose yet, and no signs of construction.

John-
Old Apr 12, 2012, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

What's the word on this?
Old Apr 12, 2012, 02:08 PM

pos stinky government regulations and contracts ! Some one just needs to open one at their garage !
Old Apr 15, 2012, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

So, is it not going to happen then?