Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Fuel Pump Fuse was loose - Questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Pump Fuse was loose - Questions

So, as the thread title states, I found that fuse #15 was not in all the way. Like, very noticeably lose.

It took me a while of trying to find out what the fuse box in the engine bay was actually called because fuse box is too straight forward of a name. Any way! I finally got a hold of the 03 Evo service manual. That's besides the point..

Any way, how the hell was my car operating? Would there possibly have been enough contact for it to work enough? Would this have killed my gas mileage? I have no base line to compare my gas mileage to, so I didn't know if it was bad. I assume 16mpg city is normal for non-spirited driving. :shrug:

I was running into problems with my car trying to stall out at stops, or on declines which I thought was weird. My oil pressure gauge has been dipping and screaming at me on occasion too. So. could all of these things be related? I only discovered this tonight because I decided to open the coin box and found a fuse, and wanted to see if had been pulled from the junction block. I haven't taken it back out to drive it around and see if anything has changed.

Any insight is appreciated.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
first thing you should do is probably take it for a drive to see if it's fixed lol
Old Oct 27, 2011, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by llDemonll
first thing you should do is probably take it for a drive to see if it's fixed lol
I wanted to eat dinner!