EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Northwest Region (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/northwest-region-41/)
-   -   Gauge install (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/northwest-region/538515-gauge-install.html)

drocksmash Feb 7, 2011 11:45 PM

Gauge install

Howdy

As you all know I am retarded when I try to do something to my Evo by myself.

I have been wanting to get a new stereo for a while now, and while I am at it I want to move it down to the relocation kit to install some gauges where it is now.

I really liked the prosport gauges but have been researching em and people seem to hate em.. I dont wanna drop the $$ for defi. I am a ***** and like the glow effect but also dont want to waste my $$

So few question
Any other affordable and cosmetically appealing gauges that ring a bell?
Who (if any) would be interested in helping me install the gauges? I already have the 9 cluster and I would be doing Boost/oil tep/ unknown (but def not AFR) - already have my AFR on steering wheel.

Once i lock down what I want Ill order em, but wondering if anyone knows what they are doing and will be down to help

drocksmash Feb 7, 2011 11:46 PM

oh yeah, also 15 mins till my birthday *****es

jdmEviL8 Feb 8, 2011 07:23 AM

Happy b day dood!

fuzzydoodle Feb 8, 2011 07:29 AM

I agree with what he said.

josel_atr Feb 8, 2011 07:46 AM

happy beerday.

go for aem gauges, like a boss!

lancerstud2008 Feb 8, 2011 09:23 AM

Derek plz see TBR!

4bangn Feb 8, 2011 09:26 AM

had my prosport for a few years now, no complaints, there a good gauge for the money

oldskoopimpn Feb 8, 2011 10:08 AM

I've had my prosport gauges now for about a year. No complaints here either. For the money they are a decent gauge

Aaron20 Feb 8, 2011 10:14 AM

Happy b'day and I recommend AEM, they move (the sweeping needles) alot and light up alot!

Dallas J Feb 8, 2011 10:50 AM

Ive had autometer, greddy, and aem analog gauges. I like both the AEM and Greddy gauges. The AEM's give you a 0-5v output I'm working on the scaling to run to the ECU in the MDP and Rear o2 sensor for boost and wideband respectively.

F0RSAKEN Feb 8, 2011 01:04 PM

Seriously guy, save up and buy something other than prosport. AEM's are nice for the price.

drocksmash Feb 8, 2011 01:20 PM

Ill check out AEM, someone pmmed me and might know someone parting out some defi

is there an install difference between defi and others?

spdngdragon Feb 8, 2011 01:52 PM

Happy birthday! Hope it's a great one.

Not sure if this helps ....<link>

I think I remember a thread in the general section too..

lloyd03oz Feb 8, 2011 02:04 PM

what do you guys think about the glowshift gauges?

Dallas J Feb 8, 2011 02:20 PM

Cheap junk imo. They may work "ok" but Id seriously question their accuracy. If you have a 3bar sensor and just want something you can look at on the fly I guess they'd work.