Notices

Outlander Sport ECU Flash & EvoScan Definitions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outlander Sport ECU Flash & EvoScan Definitions

Does anyone have any? I figure it'd be good to get a thread started with these so those who want them can find them. If you don't have a place to host them let me know, I can do it.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 12:12 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
yeah if you have some, you can upload them to www.evoscan.com/roms/mitsubishi
Old Sep 29, 2012, 04:54 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
That website is extremely confusing...

What software and cable would be necessary for a 2011 Outlander Sport (SE AWC CVT)
Old Oct 8, 2012, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
That website is extremely confusing...

What software and cable would be necessary for a 2011 Outlander Sport (SE AWC CVT)
OpenPort 2.0 and ECu Flash... but we need definitions.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 12:11 AM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by EyeDreamt
OpenPort 2.0 and ECu Flash... but we need definitions.
HiBoost is/has been tuning his Outlander Sport with ECU Flash AFAIK. IDK if he would share the definitions with ya or not, but you may want to shoot him a PM
Old Oct 9, 2012, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The definitions seem to be ready for "release" as I didn't want to send them out if they weren't the right tables. There are a few tricks to tuning them to get consistent timing results but overall it smooths out the car a bit.

Since the gains are so minimal in the ~5 hp or less category I'll probably post the 87 Octane baseline tune for others to start from. Trying to determine if a change is good or bad absolutely requires a dyno to see the effects. Essentially it's smoother timing, improved MIVEC, and leaner fueling in open loop that should be around 12.5-13.0 AFR. The factory airfilter will run a bit richer overall as that assumes a K&N drop in filter. If you change the MAF diameter on the intake pipe after the filter you will need to re-calibrate as well.

I'm still trying to max out the gains on the 93 octane tune with MIVEC and timing adjustments depending on various levels of supporting mods which is closer to the 10 hp range. For that I'll probably ask for a small donation which includes updates and dyno plots as I get them.

I've ordered a 2.75" intake pipe and weld on MAF sensor mount to see what the full gains are with the 60mm Evo X Throttlebody versus the 55mm stock TB and intake path. After that I plan on throwing the Evo X cams in there and really see what this engine can do.

Look for a post in the next week on the subject where I include all the info needed to get started.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:05 AM

Interesting. Hope to see the map up soon.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
MAF parts arrived today, if the weather holds I'll hit the strip on Friday night. I might even be able to get some dyno time Friday during the day, just a matter of getting the day off. I'll be pretty tied up prepping my Evo X for the following week as I have a NARRA time attack race on October 20-21st. One of my friends has a Nissan GTR that just barely fits into the TT3 class by power:weight ratio so I'm doing a round of tweaks to get my car more equal to his which will be exciting.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:41 PM
EvoM Moderator

We will forgive you for these setbacks if you return with videos of awesome track time.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiboost
The definitions seem to be ready for "release" as I didn't want to send them out if they weren't the right tables. There are a few tricks to tuning them to get consistent timing results but overall it smooths out the car a bit.

Since the gains are so minimal in the ~5 hp or less category I'll probably post the 87 Octane baseline tune for others to start from. Trying to determine if a change is good or bad absolutely requires a dyno to see the effects. Essentially it's smoother timing, improved MIVEC, and leaner fueling in open loop that should be around 12.5-13.0 AFR. The factory airfilter will run a bit richer overall as that assumes a K&N drop in filter. If you change the MAF diameter on the intake pipe after the filter you will need to re-calibrate as well.

I'm still trying to max out the gains on the 93 octane tune with MIVEC and timing adjustments depending on various levels of supporting mods which is closer to the 10 hp range. For that I'll probably ask for a small donation which includes updates and dyno plots as I get them.

I've ordered a 2.75" intake pipe and weld on MAF sensor mount to see what the full gains are with the 60mm Evo X Throttlebody versus the 55mm stock TB and intake path. After that I plan on throwing the Evo X cams in there and really see what this engine can do.

Look for a post in the next week on the subject where I include all the info needed to get started.

Have you done th eistalls and any of the tuning yet? Did you have a baseline map to run off of?

Just qurious on the gains you saw across the board or problems you came into.

Did the 60mm TB off the Evo X work ok? I read all you have to do is swap the computers out, just wanted to see if there were any issues you faced in installing it and running, i.e. low/hard idle position or engine cut off issues.
Are you running a set of STock EVO X injectors as well?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 02:01 PM

can we revive this and has the definitions been released still cant find them??
Old Sep 18, 2016, 02:45 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Lattitude 48.38°, Longitude 17.58°, Altitude 146m = Slovakia, for common dude
I may create some basic def if you have the binary ....
Old Sep 18, 2016, 02:55 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Lattitude 48.38°, Longitude 17.58°, Altitude 146m = Slovakia, for common dude
Originally Posted by evoscan
yeah if you have some, you can upload them to www.evoscan.com/roms/mitsubishi
Hamish, I have found some KWP2000 send/receive codes in MUT3 for different ecus if you are interested :P
Old Oct 1, 2016, 03:11 PM

any update?

i hate to resurrect the thread seeing as its been so long, but has anything been updated as far as getting he definitions for the outlander? my buddy has been trying to get me to do some modding on his 2011 and it is a AT and from what i have read the AT's are locked and unmoddable as far as the map goes.

i have only worked on my evo 8 and when i tried to pull his map it came back as unknown map definition, i saved it anyway but i cant do anything for now without some ecu definitions for the outlander
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

Until you send me the binary there will be none
Here you can have a look at ASX 2010 1.6l
CaseId: 1860B426

I am currently working on 4N13 (CaseId: 1860B422)
Attached Files
File Type: xml
56650006.xml (4.5 KB, 0 views)
The following users liked this post:
Kompan (Mar 26, 2020)

Quick Reply: Outlander Sport ECU Flash & EvoScan Definitions