Notices

[Off Topic] "Transparent" Pillars & "Ghost Car" Tech

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
[Off Topic] "Transparent" Pillars & "Ghost Car" Tech

The technology is called the 360 Virtual Urban Windscreen, and as its name suggests it provides the driver with a 360-degree view out of the vehicle, completely uninterrupted by the pillars that support the roof.
I'm all for vehicle safety..

But, I think adding "video screens" to the pillars is a wrong move. That technology just adds more complexity to the interior and potential distraction when it fails.
It also can make drivers too dependent on such doodads** by taking the responsibility of safe-driving - like moving/swiveling your head to look Both ways before proceeding forward... to a completely wrong level.
What's wrong with leaning forward a tad to look around the pillars... Too much effort??

LINK

"Ghost Car"
An evolution of this moving halo feature is a special navigation feature called Follow-Me Ghost Car Navigation, which projects an image of a vehicle in front of the driver’s car for them to follow, turn by turn, to their destination.
So, what happens when there's a real car in front of you... But you were too focused on chasing your virtual-nav-car??

**Especially once it is mandated by the Gov., if some congressman passes a bill requiring such gizmos.