Notices

2014 OS Issues - Newbie

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 OS Issues - Newbie

Hello All,

Last year I purchased my mother in-law's 2014 OS, love the car but have a couple of annoyances I'm trying to solve.

First has anyone found a way to turn off the ECO mode? When my MIL was alive she complained about the car being sluggish and soon after I bought it I understood what she meant. From what I've found out there is no button to turn off the ECO mode.

Secondly has anyone had issues the the CVT have a low speed jerk/hesitation when coming to a stop, it's more pronounced when it's cold?

I took the car to the dealer for the transmission issue and of course they said nothing is wrong with the car. Otherwise transmission works fine.

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by fbergski
e.

First has anyone found a way to turn off the ECO mode? When my MIL was alive she complained about the car being sluggish and soon after I bought it I understood what she meant. From what I've found out there is no button to turn off the ECO mode.
there is no "ECO Mode" (unless they changed it in 2015) - the display just shows when you are driving frugally. mash the pedal, and "ECO" goes away.

Secondly has anyone had issues the the CVT have a low speed jerk/hesitation when coming to a stop, it's more pronounced when it's cold?

I took the car to the dealer for the transmission issue and of course they said nothing is wrong with the car. Otherwise transmission works fine.
no. when was your transmission fluid last changed?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As for the transmission, my mother had a 2015 OS that at one point had a recall, which mostly solved their strange jerking issue she was having. Otherwise, as Landshark mentioned, it could very well also just be that the CVT fluid needs flushed and changed.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
14K on the odometer. Dealer said recall didn't affect my vehicle.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 05:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by fbergski
Transmission fluid shouldn't be bad at 14k/3years (unless you tow heavy loads uphill in 100+ degree weather!)

If the problem occurs regularly, take it to the dealer and take a tech or the service advisor for a ride with you so you can demonstrate the problem.