Notices

2015 Outlander Sport body panels

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Outlander Sport body panels

My poor OS was in a unfortunate incident and now needs a front left fender, head light (halogen), bumper cover, left core support, and last but not least hood. All do in part from the wonderful now ex-girlfriend (wasn't at time of accident). Whom still wont admit what really happened lol, anyway ong story short was wondering if there's any good places to get it find used body parts and headlights. New is a little out of budget..
Old Jan 10, 2019, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Sorry about your misfortune. I am not sure if this Canadian source is good for you but it is worth a try. They ship within Canada for sure. If they do not ship across the border or it would be way too expensive you may find a Vancouver or other BC address to ship to. The prices are very appealing and you may even get the parts painted, so you just have to swap them if you have no frame damage. I wonder though, why not file an insurance claim an get it fixed under your insurance unless you only have liability (one way) insurance.
Nonetheless, here are the prices and the link to the site.
Fender: $180 (Canadian)
Headlight:$278
Hood: $220
They apparently do not have a bumper for 2015 but they have for 2011-12 (slightly different grill but fits): $146
Check the paint options:
Bumper painting: $210
Fender Painting:$185
Hood painting: $ 260.
Again, all prices are in Canadian $.
Mitsubishi OS 2015 parts from Hunt Auto Parts
Old Jan 10, 2019, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the reply, and yes thats exactly why no insurance claim, only have liability. The supposed event that took place so she says was that she merged the same time as a fifthwheel travel trailer and connected, well I'll attach pics. The hood took me 6 hours with a slidr hammer to get it back to what it is now which really isn't any better but manageable. It was pushed up towards the cabin like a V so if you ask me that's a more of a " oh 'ish and turn to the left to try and not rear end the vehicle in front which a cherished would work cause she would go under and there for push the hood up. But she is taking it to her grave that what happened happened, its a big conspiracy to me lol. Oh sorry got off topic bit there, ok yeah they seem fair prices. I actually have found some parts on eBay that are some what cheap, I was sorta looking for a wrecking yard type deal that has something that new, which nothing around me does yet... Oh ive pretty proud of my fog lights they are from a dodge caravan they fit almost perfect and yes they are ran with factory harness and switch on column. Took me about two months of searching on the interwebs for the procedure to code in the fog lights since the didnt come factory.

Last edited by jmarion85; Jan 10, 2019 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Photo editing
Old Jan 10, 2019, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Looking at the 2013 front bumpers and parts from salvage yards.. they share the same parts as a 2015, it seems.

You can check into aftermarket headlights on ebay too while you're at it. Better performance + Brand New, and probably better prices than remanfacture/junkyard-pulled units.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
There is no better alternative for parts pulled from junk yards when it comes to price. For example, in my area a head light can be pulled for $30-40 (Canadian), a fender for $35-50, a bumper for $50-70, depending on the yard's location (see a price list here). The problem is finding the exact parts or even vehicles. Fixing damages caused by accidents at low costs is the area, where the owners of low volume brands (like Mitsubishi) suffer for sure. You could find dozens of Civics or Corollas thus, if you are lucky you may even find a color-matched piece. Not OSs/RVRs or even Outlanders. I managed to find three copies in my area in the past three years (granted all three popped up in the last six months, so the prospect is getting better). If the budget is your bottleneck and provided the car is driveable I would suggest you should gather the parts from junkyards and replace them yourself (being a mechanic it should be no problem). When it comes to painting again budget will determine the quality you should get.
Good luck.