Notices

2015 Outlander Sport Pre-Wired Reverse Camera?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Outlander Sport Pre-Wired Reverse Camera?

Hello,
A few months ago, I replaced the radio in my 2015 Outlander Sport ES with an OEM touchscreen radio that I picked up from Ebay. I am now interested in hooking up an OEM backup camera to my head unit, but I can't seem to find the wiring for it. As far as I'm aware, the 8-pin port (circled in red) is for the backup camera (correct me if I'm wrong). My car came pre-equipped with an unused 8-pin connector (which looks like this) tied to the main wiring harness, which I presume is for a camera. However, once I peeled off all the plastic covers on the rear hatch, I could not find any unused 8-pin ports that I could plug into for an OEM camera. My question is, where does the unused 8-pin connector go to? Assuming that it's for the reverse camera, shouldn't it lead to the rear hatch?
Old May 30, 2019, 12:55 AM

Need harness in 2012

I have 2012 and didn't come.with harness preinstalled for camera
Need to buy it and install it to run oem camera
Part number for kit for 2012 is MZ360338EX
Not sure if it will work for 2015 but you will need something similar i suppose
Old Jun 19, 2020, 08:23 AM

Did you need any setup?

Originally Posted by ItProSlayerz
Hello,
A few months ago, I replaced the radio in my 2015 Outlander Sport ES with an OEM touchscreen radio that I picked up from Ebay. I am now interested in hooking up an OEM backup camera to my head unit, but I can't seem to find the wiring for it. As far as I'm aware, the 8-pin port (circled in red) is for the backup camera (correct me if I'm wrong). My car came pre-equipped with an unused 8-pin connector (which looks like this) tied to the main wiring harness, which I presume is for a camera. However, once I peeled off all the plastic covers on the rear hatch, I could not find any unused 8-pin ports that I could plug into for an OEM camera. My question is, where does the unused 8-pin connector go to? Assuming that it's for the reverse camera, shouldn't it lead to the rear hatch?
Hello my friend

Im trying to do the exact same thing with my outlander sport 2015 i got a really cheap OEM touch screen and trying to see if i can hook up the oem camera but i have some questions and i hope you can help me.
  1. When you connect the one with the screen did you needed anything else or was it basically plug and play? I understand other car manufacturers include a code to their radio to lock them I'm curious if mitsubishi is the same
  2. Were you able to setup the camera?
  3. Ive seen in the catalog that there is no cable for the reverse camera in the 2015 outlander was it already pre installed on your case?
Thanks and have an amazing day!!!
Old Jun 21, 2020, 02:29 AM

Hi,
Unfortunately, I was never able to find a plug and play solution for the OEM camera. Unless your OS came with a reverse camera straight from the factory, there won't be any pre-wiring for you to use. You won't be able to find the OEM harness for sale either as far as I am aware.
As for your question regarding the touchscreen, I assume you're asking for help with the installation? If so, everything is plug and plan (assuming you're using an OEM screen). You won't need any additional wiring or code.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by ItProSlayerz
Hi,
Unfortunately, I was never able to find a plug and play solution for the OEM camera. Unless your OS came with a reverse camera straight from the factory, there won't be any pre-wiring for you to use. You won't be able to find the OEM harness for sale either as far as I am aware.
As for your question regarding the touchscreen, I assume you're asking for help with the installation? If so, everything is plug and plan (assuming you're using an OEM screen). You won't need any additional wiring or code.
Hello!!
Thanks for your fast and awesome response that's the answer i was looking for, if you still have the OS i found this on eBay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Retain-or-A...MAAOSwIgNXwe1a
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Reverse-Bac...oAAOSwQKlep4X~

And here is more clear on Ali express:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...archweb201603_

Im not sure if any of them works for your setup, but i hope it helps...

And yes I'm going to purchase the OEM screen and switch it for my other OEM without screen radio.

Thanks again!

UPDATE:
I found a video that can be useful for you and your camera, you actually CAN use the factory unused 8 pin connector, see this video for more instructions:

Last edited by ErnestoGal; Jun 22, 2020 at 09:27 PM.