Notices

Hardwiring Dash Cam

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2019, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hardwiring Dash Cam

Not really sure if this been ask already,if so can you guys point me to the right thread/link. If not, does try to hardwire a dashcam and tap it to the internal fuse box? Thank you
Old May 2, 2019, 04:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
For a standard dash cam setup where it just runs while the car is on, you can use a fuse tap (add-a-circuit). Insert this into the cigarette lighter fuse in the fuse panel and make sure that power disappears while the car is turned off. You can modify the cable the dash cam comes with or purchase their hard wire kit. They will typically have both hard wire and cigarette lighter adapters available for basic installs like this.
Old May 3, 2019, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bought this off ebay and i guess i just have to use a "add a circuit" and tap it to the cig fuse. Thank you for the help.

Old May 3, 2019, 10:52 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by DhiJay23
bought this off ebay and i guess i just have to use a "add a circuit" and tap it to the cig fuse. Thank you for the help.
You got it!
Old May 4, 2019, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by DhiJay23
check to see what fuses are in there first. i *assumed* my last car had mini fuses, but was introduced to the low-profile mini fuse.

another trip back to the autoparts store.