Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Moving to Everett, WA -- Buying Evo IX -- Tips?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moving to Everett, WA -- Buying Evo IX -- Tips?

Hey Guys,

I have recently taken a job in Everett and will be looking to buy an Evo IX in the coming months. I have wanted an Evo for a very long time and now have the opportunity to purchase one. However, I would consider myself a newbie to the car and as far as what to look for in a purchase and some good places in Washington to look. I have been reading some of the newbie forum information posts and have come to understand there is a lot to consider when purchasing this car as many have been abused [understandably =) ]. Should I be wary of Autotrader and the like? I am looking for a car with little or no modifications.

I am hoping you locals can provide me with some tips for the area and general advice! I am happy to answer any questions or provide more info. Looking forward to learning and joining the Evo Club!

Cheers,

Brian
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:43 PM

Just realized this should be moved to the 'Pacific Northwest Forum'. My apologies.

Thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Before you buy an evo do your homework and make sure you understand the subtle differences between the versions (RS, GSR, MR, SE). Next decide on the color you want. Trust me, you don't want to ever be like 'man I wish I would have gotten a (insert color) one'.

Then be patient and look nation wide for your evo. If you are willing to fly out and drive it back, or have it shipped, you will have far more cars to choose from.

Remember most evos have likely been modded at one point in the lives. Just because a car looks stock doesnt mean it was always that way. Sometimes people sell their mods and return their car to 'stock' to sell. Often leaving it with a janky tune to boot.

Also, try contacting SouthCoast Mitsubishi for the car you are looking for. They move a lot of evos, even used ones.

Lastly, never by an evo without seeing/driving it in person.

P.S. Before you buy one you should come out to some of the local evo drive/meets and just talk with people. Maybe it will help you decide on what you want.

Last edited by nemsin; Mar 27, 2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 03:34 PM

Hey Nemsin,

I have begun digging deeper into the different models and all. I have decided on a color (White or Gray). I am certainly looking nationwide, I fortunately can travel within the US for free thanks to a close pilot friend of mine. I also have the advantage of time, and most likely wont make a purchase for another couple months.

I will certainly contact SouthCoast Mitsubishi, thanks for the tip!

I will be in Washington starting mid April, any meetups you recommend?.. I found some potential meetups in the regional forums.

Thanks for your help.. I will keep this updated as I progress.

Brian
Old Mar 29, 2012, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome and good luck on your search!
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
If you have a car (or even if you don't) there's a big meet up in Bellingham near the end of April I believe at the Haggen up there

Are you looking for an MR or just a GSR / SE (keep in mind they don't make SE's in white)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Brian, are you by any chance going to be working at Boeing? If so, what program? Let me know if you have any questions. If you look at one in the area, ask on here because chances are one of us knows the car. You might also ask ER if they have any history with the car. Be careful with cars from the northeast because they tend to be heavy on the rust. Happy searching.

Miguel