EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-engine-drivetrain-94/)
-   -   TB Swap (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-engine-drivetrain/518123-tb-swap.html)

$MIVEC$ Apr 30, 2011 06:33 PM

I bought an Endeavor TB also. It should arrive this week :updown:

Raikiri May 2, 2011 11:23 AM

I dont know if this is the case for everyone, however when I installed my TB the coolant hoses weren't long enough to reach to the new connection points. I had to go out and buy a little extra hosing, connectors, and clamps.

too bad chicago gets too cold for me to run the coolant bypass without fearing it freezing over during the winter

nerdbotSKRA May 2, 2011 12:09 PM

Still waiting for my polished/bored/coated tb to come in the mail..:confused: I'd like to see or feel this difference...

I wouldn't dare run with the coolant bypass here either.

Raikiri May 2, 2011 12:36 PM

what rpm do you guys usually hear the whistle? mine still sounds like stock til i go into WOT which is when i hear the whistle in the upper RPM range

lancerralli06 May 2, 2011 12:39 PM

My hoses all reached, they were basically in the same spot as the old ones? And I hear the whistling down low in like 1st through 3rd and pretty much all gears high in the rpm's

Raikiri May 2, 2011 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by lancerralli06 (Post 9287336)
My hoses all reached, they were basically in the same spot as the old ones? And I hear the whistling down low in like 1st through 3rd and pretty much all gears high in the rpm's

yeah my hoses didn't reach. well they BARELY reached with stretching a little bit. I had to loosen up the hoses on the engine to move them up a bit but even that it wasnt on there too much. to be safe i just bought more hose

my whistling i can barely hear it but then again my car is loud as hell so i cant hear anything in my engine bay when driving

lancerralli06 May 2, 2011 12:44 PM

Could be because your automatic?

Raikiri May 2, 2011 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by lancerralli06 (Post 9287354)
Could be because your automatic?

that could be a possibility.

i didnt think that would've mattered though since its more about vacuum pressure than anything else? being AT kind of has its downsides to modding/power

CrAnSwIcK May 2, 2011 01:28 PM

my car makes a hissing, suction sound at high RPM that's from the intake i'm pretty sure...i think i might pick up a 63mm throttle body...

nekkidlad May 2, 2011 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Raikiri (Post 9287119)
too bad chicago gets too cold for me to run the coolant bypass without fearing it freezing over during the winter

Originally Posted by nerdbotSKRA (Post 9287245)
I wouldn't dare run with the coolant bypass here either.

i cant think how having the coolant bypass the TB is going to have some major bad effect in the car...its for emissions(as far as im aware..)...the coolant heats up the TB and therefore the air..(even if just slightly...)
colder air = more power...

think about when u start up the car on a cold(freezing cold) day...its no different than that...just permanently..

just my thought..correct me if im wrong..

Raikiri May 2, 2011 02:14 PM

the coolant also is an antifreeze that keeps your TB from freezing over in ridiculously cold temperatures

Tw3NTy0n3 May 2, 2011 02:24 PM

in regards to the whistling / hissing sound.. i can make it do it at any gear at any rpms. it's dependent on how much throttle i'm giving it. usually it's at around 40-50% throttle, anything more or lower than that it goes away. i do hear it between shifts though since i let off the throttle and get back on it while shifting.

i tried recording it once, too much wind noise.

Raikiri May 2, 2011 02:34 PM

ahh.. yeah i feather the throttle to maybe not even 1/4 way in an attempt to keep my mpgs high lol. i think i'd probably hear it around 4k rpm?

CrAnSwIcK May 2, 2011 03:16 PM

that sounds about right, around 4k... i actually use that sound to shift when i'm racing...

Raikiri May 2, 2011 03:19 PM

when people say down low in the rpm scale im assuming they're talking about 2-3k is when they hear it.