EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   04-06 Ralliart General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-general-93/)
-   -   The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-general/108090-official-ralliart-noob-thread.html)

ROCK Nov 2, 2009 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by migs647 (Post 6738178)
Otter is right, as usual. I noticed the most gains from my CAI on mine. Also sounds cool ;). I had their magnaflow axleback, I don't think they have it any more. It sounded great but I definitely noticed more out of the CAI. Consider their piggyback as well. All 3 kinda go together.

Piggyback and header and you are set.

ROAD/RACE:apimp:

slc-ralliart Nov 2, 2009 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by ROCK (Post 7676675)
Piggyback and header and you are set.

So Rock are we ever going to see any sales on 04-06 Ralliart parts again? Both the pulley and the tie bar used to be a lot cheaper.

stEVOx Nov 2, 2009 01:22 PM

^demand and supply ...

ROCK Nov 2, 2009 08:12 PM

Basically we are making smaller batch of RA stuff so the cost is more for us than before. Hard to have a sale on those items.

lanzerralliart Nov 5, 2009 04:34 PM

any new ideas in the works?.....a different final drive? anything?

stEVOx Nov 18, 2009 11:52 PM

was going to start a new thread but i think here should be ok

woke up this morning as usual, went to go and start the car and it just wouldnt like it would click and make weird scary noises(i didnt push it too long coz the car sounded like it was hurting) anyways i stopped and looked at all the lights and the CEL, ABS, airbag lights all phased out as normal and the stereo came on as usual and everything worked fine, just the car wouldnt turn on, not even a cranking noise like when you turn the key and the starter motor cranks the engine just nothing

so anyways long story short paid ~$300AUD for a guy to come out(coz i thought i was covered with mitsubishi roadside assist but it ran out with NO! reminders, so i got the RACV and coz i wasnt a member and to join with an already 'broken' car its a ripoff but its to stop people just calling up when they need it and not have constant membership) so yeah i thought it was going to be the starter motor had died etc or something
turn out a cell in the battery was dead, enough juice to run everything, just not enough to start the engine. so yeah new battery should be here soon ... ~$175AUD for a big 600amp one...

Synopsis: people with 04-07 lancers if your car just dies and wont start its most likely your battery, they apparently only last average 3.5years so its coming around that time for them to give out ...

Beardly P Mar 2, 2010 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by boozeup&riot (Post 1685469)
Otter has helped answer many of my questions and he also mentions in this thread that the AEM bypass valve WILL fit the injen CAI. The correct size bypass for the injen CAI is 2.75 inches. I can only assume it'd be the same for AEM but I havent actually checked :|

it is the exact same size for Aem. I just installed the bypass valve last month-easy install. It took me about 30 minutes.

AEM Air Bypass part#20-402S

Tools needed:*
-mini hacksaw
-slot head screwdriver
-marker to mark cut
-10mm socket and rachet
-round file to smooth and remove burs

ROCK Mar 2, 2010 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by parrishr13 (Post 8052065)
it is the exact same size for Aem. I just installed the bypass valve last month-easy install. It took me about 30 minutes.

AEM Air Bypass part#20-402S

Tools needed:*
-mini hacksaw
-slot head screwdriver
-marker to mark cut
-10mm socket and rachet
-round file to smooth and remove burs

Good help. I like when people help the community.

lancer758 Mar 18, 2010 05:55 PM

hey so i have a 04 ralliart and i was woundering if the RRM 16G turbo will kill my engine and if so what should i do to my engine so it can handle THAT turbo

OnCloudIX Mar 19, 2010 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by lancer758 (Post 8110308)
hey so i have a 04 ralliart and i was woundering if the RRM 16G turbo will kill my engine and if so what should i do to my engine so it can handle THAT turbo

RRM's kit was designed to run on stock internals, so no, it won't "kill" your engine. It's poor tuning and too much boost that kills engines and with RRM's kit you won't have to worry about either of those. We have members on this forum (including Mods I might add) that have been running that kit, including me, for thousands of miles with zero problems. It truly is the best forced induction kit on the market. Talk to ROCK if you're interested.

lancer758 Mar 19, 2010 08:29 PM

ok cool thanks man

lanceresx9 Apr 13, 2010 10:34 AM

ok i have an 04 ralliart looking at building my own turbo set up but cant find a turbo manifold anywhere please help.

and how much boost can the stock internals take safely?

and do the injectors need to be upgraded and if so where can i find some?

OnCloudIX Apr 13, 2010 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by lanceresx9 (Post 8195546)
ok i have an 04 ralliart looking at building my own turbo set up but cant find a turbo manifold anywhere please help.

and how much boost can the stock internals take safely?

and do the injectors need to be upgraded and if so where can i find some?

It's not that hard or costly to make your own manifold. RRM sells flanges you could buy and take to an exhaust shop where they could weld one for you. RPW used to sell one but recently took it off their website. I think I could safely say that no one out there makes a turbo manifold for our cars, by itself at least. You could get RRM's turbo kit and you'd get the one that comes with it. Since you're going custom though you are going to have to make your own manifold yourself or get someone to make one for you. Tons of people on this forum have gone custom and made their own solid kits. As long as you know what you're doing, and I really mean know what you're doing, going custom should be quite an adventure. If not, RRM's turbo kit is really the only other way to go.

As for the internals, I've heard people recommending others to stay below 10psi just to be safe. I've heard of others running higher, but who knows how long that will last. Just make sure you are tuned properly, that is by far the most important thing. A guy could be running 2psi and still blow up his engine if he has a bad tune.

Here's a link for the flange...

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/s...roducts_id=387

stEVOx Apr 13, 2010 03:26 PM

or your could buy the RRM manifold and work from there

most people run 7psi fine

injectors need to be upgraded, dont know the exact model, i think RRM have some or RPW, else WRX 'light blue' injectors work with minor modification, i bought a set from ebay and they are just sitting in the garage ...

lanceresx9 Apr 13, 2010 07:11 PM

ok so if i planed on doing 12 to 15 psi i would need rods and pistons? and i read somewhere that the stock fuel pump can hold up to 255 whp and what size injectors will do me good for up to 350whp and has anyone heard of Secret Service tuning thats where i plan to go for tuning. other then that what are the major key points i need to know in order to get all of this done?

ROCK Apr 13, 2010 08:53 PM

FYI. We run additional injector setup. This allows for about 10 psi before running out of fuel.

wamps98 Apr 13, 2010 09:41 PM

Cold Air intakes

i just bought an 06 lancer ralliart, but when looking at the CAI's they say ralliart 04-05 will that fit on the 06?

stEVOx Apr 14, 2010 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by wamps98 (Post 8198502)
i just bought an 06 lancer ralliart, but when looking at the CAI's they say ralliart 04-05 will that fit on the 06?

should be fine, just semantics, just make sure you have the 2.4ltr 4g69 and that the part is for that engine :)

lanceresx9 Apr 14, 2010 09:51 AM

ok so i just bought a 16g turbo now im planing on going to a couple of places and asking if they can make a manifold for me. then ill start looking for injectors and a intercooler ect.... what do you guys think?

OnCloudIX Apr 14, 2010 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by lanceresx9 (Post 8199957)
ok so i just bought a 16g turbo now im planing on going to a couple of places and asking if they can make a manifold for me. then ill start looking for injectors and a intercooler ect.... what do you guys think?

Sounds good. Good luck.

deathsythe99 May 30, 2010 06:33 AM

definitly let us know how it goes im looking to do the same thing

Brassoperator May 31, 2010 10:23 AM

Hi. I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but I can't find the post that answers it. I've got a set of Brand New 18" Rims that I DON'T WANT. I'm thinking about trading them for a set of 17". So short and sweet... What do I look for when looking at 17" RIms? Hight/Weidth/Offset/ect...?

stEVOx May 31, 2010 03:01 PM

^ i dont know all the details exactly, but i have 17's with 205/40 tyres on them and they rub, my car is also on lowered king spings, they dont rub all the time, most of the time when turning or hitting a medium to large bump in the road, its annoying so try and avoid it if you can

Brassoperator May 31, 2010 04:07 PM

I'm not planning on putting lowering kit on my lancer:mitsu: although it would be ironic if I installed a lowering kit to raise the car to avoid rubbing;). No my problem is that I have had these 18" Rims for over a year and they have never been on a car and I've had enough shops tell me that they won't fit. AT this point I don't want them even if they will fit. So I want to either sell them or trade them for some 17's. I just don't want any problems once I bring them in to be mounted and balanced. And so I'm asking around here because I know someone here has all the info I need. Once I get the answers I will probably be returning to ask about tires. :confused:

soulesswarrior May 31, 2010 08:16 PM

hit up road race they started selling rims and can tell you exactly what the specs you can use on the ralliart. their pretty rims too

Brassoperator Jun 1, 2010 06:25 PM

OK. I think I'm going to get these 17" Rims.

http://i.ebayimg.com/16/!Bud3VQwBGk~...LmQ5w~~_12.JPG

SPECIFICATIONS

Style: F4 <---- What does that even mean?
Size: 17" x 7" <---- I know that's a good size
4 Lugs
Universal 8 Holes (PCD 4x100/114.3)
+40mm Offset <---- (?)
73 Center Bore <----(?)
Gloss Black finish with machine polished lip
Full set 4 piece rims
Aluminum alloy <----as opposed to...(?)

I've got a 2003 Lancer OZ Edition
My Question is. . . Does anybody know if there will be any problems with any of these specs? (Or know a better place to post this question)

stEVOx Jun 2, 2010 03:48 AM

this is the ralliart noob thread, dont know if people could help you here as much as the newbie questions or an OZ specific subforum of evom ...

GearDownSon Jun 2, 2010 04:32 AM

I have 18s on a lowered car and i have no rub issues.
Just sayin....

timboslice94 Aug 30, 2010 12:26 PM

i eventually want to install a turbo in my 04 ralliart. what would be a good place to start before the turbo. exhaust? intake? tune it now or later?

GearDownSon Aug 30, 2010 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by timboslice94 (Post 8627917)
i eventually want to install a turbo in my 04 ralliart. what would be a good place to start before the turbo. exhaust? intake? tune it now or later?

The intake would be pointless since you would be making one to go with your turbo piping. You can go exhaust but its not absolutely necessary. Im boosted an still running my stock exhaust.(cept for the muffler).

Tuning is pointless as well. No one has really cracked our ecu therefore you have to run a standalone or a piggy. THEN have it tuned.

ROCK Aug 30, 2010 01:08 PM

Give us a call. We can help you decide on the best upgrade path for you so that you can meet your end goal without buying stuff that will waste you money in the long run. Love to talk to guys on the phone. Just so much easier to get info across and help you decide what is best. Thanks

GearDownSon Aug 30, 2010 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by ROCK (Post 8628021)
Give us a call. We can help you decide on the best upgrade path for you so that you can meet your end goal without buying stuff that will waste you money in the long run. Love to talk to guys on the phone. Just so much easier to get info across and help you decide what is best. Thanks

^
Best customer service available.

ROCK Aug 30, 2010 06:23 PM

We are gonna try. There are lots of questions before deciding. Example........ If you are going turbo soon, do not get an intake. It will not fit with turbo. IF it is gonna be a while before you can boost then intake is not a bad thing. You will get value out of it. Go ahead and get the catback for now. It is good when you boost and even when you are not boosting, you will enjoy the performance and sound.

turboart Oct 28, 2010 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by 213ralliart (Post 7423160)
hey how come my radio volume is dead n wont work..power is still on but no sound...could it be my stock amp or what???? try to install a new head unit but same problem???? any idea????

all my fuse are still good>>> ???? whats wrong

i had the same problem and its prolly your wiring harness is wrong. the pack i got had three diferent harnesses in it one work on system with direct speaker wiring another iwth an amp setup the i have no idea what the other monstrosity was but the s&s package runs speakers with an amp so its a simple harness switch. i dunno if the RA's with out s&s run amps but i know mine does its even easier to hook up cuz there are less wires and some RCA's if i rmember correctly. if you do that and it still doesn't work the amp should be under the driver seat i'd check there next. still no idea take it to someone. i have a short in my system some wear and im goona check it out today

Shad123451 Nov 21, 2010 01:17 PM

yeah check the harness. one loose wire could jack up the whole system.

MNTwins Jan 20, 2011 03:52 PM

Hello everyone. Hope someone can help me... I am purchasing a 2005 Lancer ralliart with s&s package on Monday. Here's the problem; the person who owned the car before me must have modified the sound system (receiver, different amp, sub, who knows), but the factory receiver & all 7 factory speakers are back in place. The amp, however, is sitting in the back seat, with the wireing harness still connected, but all the wires have been cut right at the end, so I can't splice more on. I am going to need to buy the harness kit, & I also am going to need to get a diagram on the speaker wires, so I can hook everything back up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. On an unrelated note, it doesn't have the keyless remote with it either. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap oem factory keyless remote??

ROCK Jan 20, 2011 06:45 PM

I think I would go to a proper stereo shop and get it all put back to working order. Seems like an easier way than trying to get a diagram etc.... Let them figure it out. I think it will be worth the money. Just my 2 cents.

xmaster19 Jan 21, 2011 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by MNTwins (Post 9005971)
On an unrelated note, it doesn't have the keyless remote with it either. Does anyone know where I can get a cheap oem factory keyless remote??

Get one off ebay. Bought mine for 25$ including new batt. Easy to program, took 20 seconds and a paper clip. Instructions are somewhere on this site (look in RA forums, under how-to's maybe). Dealer was charging me 100$for remote+program. fees (prolly one hour @ 90$). What a rip-off...

MNTwins Feb 4, 2011 04:33 PM

Thank you for your help. I got the remote & programmed it myself with a paperclip :-) The toughest part was getting down to where the programming chip was. I brought the car to a car audio store, & they spent 4 hours putting all the wires back into the harness. After all that, the amp turned out to be dead. I'm waiting on a replacement amp in the mail now... for now I'm listening to the music through my phone :-(

ROCK Feb 4, 2011 06:39 PM

Glad it worked out for you.

Zeraven Feb 15, 2011 06:51 AM

Will any other trunk fit an 06 RA? Possibly the flat ones like the evo? I read it wont fit the03-04 but nothing on the 06.

Tia!

lanzerralliart Feb 15, 2011 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Zeraven (Post 9077351)
Will any other trunk fit an 06 RA? Possibly the flat ones like the evo? I read it wont fit the03-04 but nothing on the 06.

Tia!

The evo trunks will not fit any 04-06 ralliart. And there is no 03 ralliart. You can swap from an 04-06 es/oz or get a carbon fiber one that's about it.

Zeraven Feb 15, 2011 07:47 AM

Is there a downloadable service manual for the 06 RA?

lanzerralliart Feb 15, 2011 08:13 AM

You can go to alldata.com

xmaster19 Feb 18, 2011 06:43 AM

Anyone knows if the 06 RA front bumper will fit a 2004 RA?? And if it will look good? Anyone did this? There doesn't seem to be any traces of this here (at least search tool says) so prove me wrong plz and show me that it's been done!

Raikiri Feb 18, 2011 08:06 AM

yes. it also has been covered before

CrAnSwIcK Feb 18, 2011 09:21 AM

the bumpers are different?? i bought an 06 cause the grille i think looks better, but i thought the bumpers look the same...

roblaza Feb 18, 2011 09:28 AM

2005:
http://www.car-list.com/newcars/2005...r_ralliart.jpg

2006:
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b314/roblaza/06RA.jpg

lancerralli06 Feb 18, 2011 10:48 AM

Man, I wish I would have gotten my 06 in the convertible model lol.

roblaza Feb 18, 2011 11:17 AM

WTF?!?! it was the right pic lmao i'll get another then... thats messed up!! lol

roblaza Feb 18, 2011 11:19 AM

FIXED... let's hope it stays as the RA this time lmao... (maybe it was a new body kit...) lol

Raikiri Feb 18, 2011 11:42 AM

man them 06 RAs look pretty badass without them roofs lol

roblaza Feb 18, 2011 11:45 AM

HOLY BALLS, it did it again!! lmao i've never seen that happen before... right click it, go to properties and it even said 06 ralliart wallpaper haha god damn!

roblaza Feb 18, 2011 11:48 AM

fixed AGAIN... let's hope it stays this time

lancerralli06 Feb 24, 2011 09:49 PM

for the strut torque specs,

Strut assembly self-locking nut 60 ± 10 N·m (45 ± 7 ft-lb)
Strut assembly to body connection nut 44 ± 5 N·m (33 ± 3 ft-lb)
Strut assembly to knuckle connection nut 167 ± 9 N·m (123 ± 7 ft-lb)

I have a 1/2" torque wrench click type. Should I just set it to 45 ft-lb for the locking nut and tighten until it clicks( and 33 ft-lb for body nut, and 123 ft-lb for knuckle)? I'm kind of a noob with torque specs.

CrAnSwIcK Feb 25, 2011 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by roblaza (Post 9087720)
fixed AGAIN... let's hope it stays this time

hmm...interesting...i like the 06 better, but other then the mitsu emblem being part of the bumper, it doesn't look much different

redhulk Feb 26, 2011 02:03 PM

Where the hell can I get ralliart 4 point harness??? I've been looking everywhere

CrAnSwIcK Feb 26, 2011 05:02 PM

anywhere...evo harness stuff fits...RRM sells it

www.roadracemotorsports.com

lancerralli06 Feb 26, 2011 07:15 PM

how would a 4 point harness work with stock 04-06 ralliart seats without the holes by the shoulders?

CrAnSwIcK Feb 26, 2011 09:42 PM

i assumed redhulk understood that you need aftermarket seats designed for a harness...he/she was asking about the harness...i would imagine you could fabricate guides for the harness but i don't know how safe, legal or difficult that would be...

lancerralli06 Feb 27, 2011 05:12 AM

I think I was very tired last night, I thought he said he was looking for 4 point harnesses to put in his ralliart lol, idk what I was thinking.

redhulk Feb 27, 2011 06:43 AM

Thanks for the input guys..No actually I have a evo x but I want a ralliart harness that I saw. Also anyone know where I can get ralliart japan stuff like the belt pads

CrAnSwIcK Feb 27, 2011 10:21 AM

megan racing makes a lot of **** like that

xmaster19 Feb 27, 2011 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by redhulk (Post 9112360)
Thanks for the input guys..No actually I have a evo x but I want a ralliart harness that I saw. Also anyone know where I can get ralliart japan stuff like the belt pads

Got mine on ebay for cheap. They look nice and haven't deteriorated in 6 months. I'm glad I got them! (Damn belt was trying to cut through my shoulder bone!)

deathsythe99 May 12, 2011 02:40 PM

will a 2005 es hood fit the ra? id imagine so they have the same body style can anyone tell me otherwize. reason is a guy is selling his cf hood for $200! and it looks great just needs a buff.

lancerralli06 May 12, 2011 03:13 PM

yes, it will fit

deathsythe99 May 12, 2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by lancerralli06 (Post 9314507)
yes, it will fit

i thought so thanks for the qwick reply {thumbup}

markmetivier14 Jun 28, 2011 09:55 AM

2004 Ralliart in need of power

I have a 2004 ralliart and i put in a short ram intake and a magnaflow muffler with bigger piping and cut out the resonator. What would be the next upgrade to get for better performance, specifically more power?

Ralliartimus Jun 28, 2011 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by markmetivier14 (Post 9423307)
I have a 2004 ralliart and i put in a short ram intake and a magnaflow muffler with bigger piping and cut out the resonator. What would be the next upgrade to get for better performance, specifically more power?

In the case that you didn't read this tread, or do a search, here is a quick list in no particular order.

-ECU Reflash
-Delta Cam
-larger throttle body
-turbo
-RRM timing box
-RRM piggy back
-soild motor mounts

If you would like any more info on any of these upgrades, please search first since most of the questions you will have, have been answered.

There are also lots of great suspension/break upgrades that can change how your car feels dramatically, so do not forget about them.

Let us know what you decide to do!

ROCK Jun 28, 2011 12:20 PM

I think that exhaust is gonna kill low to midrange power. You need to undo that or do something to compensate for that exhaust. That is something that needs addressing.

deathsythe99 Jun 29, 2011 07:12 PM

will the evo 9 door panels fit our cars? guys selling them for 200 for all 4......dont know if thats expencive or cheap.

Raikiri Jun 29, 2011 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by deathsythe99 (Post 9427294)
will the evo 9 door panels fit our cars? guys selling them for 200 for all 4......dont know if thats expencive or cheap.

maybe the backs will fit but i dont think the fronts will

kaoscage Jun 29, 2011 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Raikiri (Post 9427317)
maybe the backs will fit but i dont think the fronts will

All four fit just fine

ROCK Jun 29, 2011 10:31 PM

I think all 4 will fit and the price seems good if they are complete and in good shape.

markmetivier14 Jun 30, 2011 08:17 AM

Road Race Motrsports

I recently bought an evo 9 front bumper. I paid a total of right around 350 or so which was like 270 for the bumper and like 80 for shipping. I was fine with that price then they call me yesterday and said that shipping would now be 190 for apparently no reason. I cant say thats good customer service.

ROCK Jun 30, 2011 12:08 PM

It is freight prices, not us. We see none of the $190. Please do not displace blame for shipper prices on us. I swear we see none of that money. We call to make sure you are OK with it though because we would not surprise someone with that. That is proper service. Shipping costs for a bumper has nothing to do with service.

mikey2style Jun 30, 2011 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by ROCK (Post 9423698)
I think that exhaust is gonna kill low to midrange power. You need to undo that or do something to compensate for that exhaust. That is something that needs addressing.

What would you suggest to do to compensate for the magnaflow?

I'm about to install the Magnaflow 14829, but just the muffler and tip and leaving stock pipe. That's fine right?

I"m a big newbie in modding cars. :3

deathsythe99 Jun 30, 2011 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by kaoscage (Post 9427360)
All four fit just fine

good because i want to buy the ralliart leather seats off ebay i heard they were good quality and their cheap now ill need the evo 9 rear leather seats {thumbup}pimpin.

lanzerralliart Jun 30, 2011 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by deathsythe99 (Post 9429552)
good because i want to buy the ralliart leather seats off ebay i heard they were good quality and their cheap now ill need the evo 9 rear leather seats {thumbup}pimpin.

sounds like a good plan BUT they were talking about the door panels , the rear seats don't bolt up or seat 100% ..... they will "fit" but not be perfect , kaocage can elaborate ;)

OttRalliart05 Jun 30, 2011 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by markmetivier14 (Post 9428313)
I recently bought an evo 9 front bumper. I paid a total of right around 350 or so which was like 270 for the bumper and like 80 for shipping. I was fine with that price then they call me yesterday and said that shipping would now be 190 for apparently no reason. I cant say thats good customer service.

For piece of mind get the dimensions LxHxW and the weight call a few shipping companies and see what they say. You should find they are all somewhat close but there maybe one company that will be cheaper than the rest. We let our customers arrange their own shipping if they want that option if not we have about 3-4 shipping companies we deal with. Some are better than others when it comes to domestic shipping and others better international.....just call around but get the dimensions and weight.

deathsythe99 Jul 4, 2011 04:36 PM

resonators

i had a question on resonators whats the diffrence if its a 12" or 17" deeper tone maybe?
i was looking at getting a hushpower 2 resonator seince im getting custom piping done seince its cheaper than buying anywhere else im still debating on 3" or 2.5". i dont want to loose power because of loss of back pressure i also want it too sound good i just bought the obx headers and i need new piping because previous owner decided to weld everything on :mad: so rather just get everything new.

deathsythe99 Jul 4, 2011 04:41 PM

wont it make it sound like crap if you cut out the resonator? like raspy?
also hows that kill mid range power?

4g69 t Jul 5, 2011 06:46 PM

Someone mentioned that the 06 RA gearbox if from an Evo Viii? Obviously evo viii is AWD. So is it a same gearbox except they changed it to FWD?

lanceresx9 Jul 6, 2011 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by deathsythe99 (Post 9436604)
i had a question on resonators whats the diffrence if its a 12" or 17" deeper tone maybe?
i was looking at getting a hushpower 2 resonator seince im getting custom piping done seince its cheaper than buying anywhere else im still debating on 3" or 2.5". i dont want to loose power because of loss of back pressure i also want it too sound good i just bought the obx headers and i need new piping because previous owner decided to weld everything on :mad: so rather just get everything new.

I have done that same thing i have obx headers with custom piping all the way back to a magnaflow muffler. i did go catless and it was raspy as hell!!!!! i was another civic so i went back to the shop and put in a 21 inch resonator and it worked amazing i vids on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu3uZ8tKLXo thats one i have several more but i love the sound of my exhaust now its crazy loud but i love it!

lanzerralliart Jul 6, 2011 10:21 AM

^^^^^

That sounds alot like mine, lol.... I have the ss headers, rrm downpipe, no cat, 22" magnaflow resonator , with rrm's magnaflow axleback.....loud , hell yeaahh , I have to keep it under 3k rpms so I don't get to much negative attention, or set off every car alarm within 1000 ft :lol:

deathsythe99 Jul 6, 2011 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by lanceresx9 (Post 9440469)
I have done that same thing i have obx headers with custom piping all the way back to a magnaflow muffler. i did go catless and it was raspy as hell!!!!! i was another civic so i went back to the shop and put in a 21 inch resonator and it worked amazing i vids on youtube thats one i have several more but i love the sound of my exhaust now its crazy loud but i love it!

ok but on the vid that sounds a little raspy is it not? so how if you cut the resonator out will it kill power? i have the obx muffler on it now and its deep i plan on getting the hushpower ll resonator 17" from summit racing. i already have a vibrant hi-flow cat and that alone made it sound way better than it did.

kaoscage Jul 6, 2011 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart (Post 9429614)
sounds like a good plan BUT they were talking about the door panels , the rear seats don't bolt up or seat 100% ..... they will "fit" but not be perfect , kaocage can elaborate ;)

The rear door panels are a perfect fit, same door panels in evos/lancer all the way around. Rear seats and passenger seat do not fit in the 06 Ralliart, I had to do some modding to get them to fit. Front seats are worth it, but to be honest ralliart rear seats are way more comfortable than evo rear seats.

deathsythe99 Jul 6, 2011 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by kaoscage (Post 9441547)
The rear door panels are a perfect fit, same door panels in evos/lancer all the way around. Rear seats and passenger seat do not fit in the 06 Ralliart, I had to do some modding to get them to fit. Front seats are worth it, but to be honest ralliart rear seats are way more comfortable than evo rear seats.

yea but it wont look as good as the 9 seats i told you guys that i wanted the ebay leather ralliart seats right?

deathsythe99 Jul 6, 2011 07:18 PM

hey guys if i buy a 3-bar map sensor will i benifit from it at all its off an evo.

CrAnSwIcK Jul 6, 2011 09:03 PM

Not at all, 3-BAR MAP, means it can measure up to 3-BAR of pressure, roughly 30psi. Not sure if it measures between 0 and 30psi (0-3 BAR), or if it measures 14.7 (standard atmosphere at sea level) to 30psi (1-3 BAR), but i'm pretty sure it is useless unless you are boosted, and the ECU is modified to know WTF to do with the signal. Not sure how Hackish incorporates it into the tune, but it's useless for non-turbo applications.

JDM Evo, and USDM Evo X use a 3-BAR MAP

markmetivier14 Jul 10, 2011 06:26 AM

HID Kit

Hey guys just got a set of headlights with Halos and Projectors. The new headlights fit a H7 bulb with metal clips to hold them in. Im looking to get a HID kit for the projectors but i didnt know if the bulbs would need a metal base to conduct electricity or not. A link to the bulbs would be much appreciated. Thanks Guys

deathsythe99 Jul 11, 2011 07:46 PM

ok seeing how i cant find my post will an evo8 turbo and intercooler be good for the ra?
as in will it fit with the rrm turbo mani or will it be better just to go custom? and if the i/c will fit in the space we have in our car.

CrAnSwIcK Jul 11, 2011 08:15 PM

i believe the evo 8 16g is a twin scroll, so the flange is not the same as a regular 16g, that and the way the hot side (turbine housing) is made it's completely ass-backwards (180 degrees) to an older 16g, and i'm pretty sure RRM uses a standard TD05H 16g. Plus the RRM kit uses an external wastegate, so i'm thinking it would use a different non-internally gated hotside. But you could get a 14b or 16g and just modify the downpipe, and weld the wastegate shut.

deathsythe99 Jul 11, 2011 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK (Post 9453065)
i believe the evo 8 16g is a twin scroll, so the flange is not TD05, that and the way the hot side (turbine housing) is made it's completely ass-backwards (180 degrees) to an older 16g, and i'm pretty sure RRM uses a standard TD05 16g. Plus the RRM kit uses an external wastegate, so i'm thinking it would use a different non-internally gated hotside. But you could get a 14b or TD05 16g and just modify the downpipe, and weld the wastegate shut.

well im confused i was thinking in getting the rrm exhaust manifold (where the turbo bolts up right?) i bought the obx headers so im going to use their down pipe and i was going to go custom on the i/c pipeing. also was going to use the rrm piggyback to tune it and use the 560cc wrx injectors. also im not shur what the wastegate does so i dont get the external/internal wastegate thing or what the diffrence is what about the i/c i think that will work no?

CrAnSwIcK Jul 11, 2011 08:51 PM

Intercooler piping is pretty simple, if you can get a kit that's made for a lancer it should be pretty close, and it should have all the flanges/nipples etc that you need, if you go universal you'll have to get crafty, and some fabrication and creativity will be required.

your wastegate is how you control boost, you connect your wastegate actuator to the boost source or the compressor outlet via vacuum line, directly, or through a boost controller, and at whatever boost pressure your wastegate is set for, it will open a valve, bypassing your exhaust gas around the turbine wheel, maintaining relatively constant boost pressure. Without it you would build boost until the turbo broke down or your fuel system couldn't keep up and your engine would pop. If you are unsure of what this does, and the difference between the two, you need to do some reading. Internal and external is pretty self explanitory. external requires a more intricate downpipe, internal is built into the turbo's hotside, and with an O2 housing, the downpipe is quite simple.

For the downpipe you might have to hack it apart and change the flange, depending on the turbo/O2 housing, or however you decide to mate the downpipe to the turbo it may not work, then you'll probably want an O2 bung on the downpipe for a wideband sensor. I would be more inclined to have one made, or find one that was made for that turbo/manifold.

as far as i know, the piggy back from RRM will not work with 4 larger injectors, you need a reflash, or stand alone for that.

ROCK Jul 11, 2011 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by deathsythe99 (Post 9453005)
ok seeing how i cant find my post will an evo8 turbo and intercooler be good for the ra?
as in will it fit with the rrm turbo mani or will it be better just to go custom? and if the i/c will fit in the space we have in our car.

Give me a call for the real scoop. For the record we use 16G EVO 3 GT turbo with our kits. In fact we now use it with virtually all of our kits. Turbo is good to 300 h.p. Just call me after 3:30 PAC time and I will try to answer all of your questions. Thanks

CrAnSwIcK Jul 11, 2011 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by ROCK (Post 9453337)
For the record we use 16G EVO 3 GT turbo with our kits.

I've seen your kits, I figured it was that, or a similar variation. The Evo 8/9 stock turbos are quite different. What do you guys use for a hot side? Is the internal gate disabled some how or do you just block it off with a custom outlet flange?

markmetivier14 Jul 12, 2011 10:32 AM

Help with previous question

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with the light situation i have in my previous post?

lanzerralliart Jul 12, 2011 11:11 AM

any hid kit for the h7 lights will work

deathsythe99 Jul 12, 2011 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK (Post 9453140)
Intercooler piping is pretty simple, if you can get a kit that's made for a lancer it should be pretty close, and it should have all the flanges/nipples etc that you need, if you go universal you'll have to get crafty, and some fabrication and creativity will be required.

your wastegate is how you control boost, you connect your wastegate actuator to the boost source or the compressor outlet via vacuum line, directly, or through a boost controller, and at whatever boost pressure your wastegate is set for, it will open a valve, bypassing your exhaust gas around the turbine wheel, maintaining relatively constant boost pressure. Without it you would build boost until the turbo broke down or your fuel system couldn't keep up and your engine would pop. If you are unsure of what this does, and the difference between the two, you need to do some reading. Internal and external is pretty self explanitory. external requires a more intricate downpipe, internal is built into the turbo's hotside, and with an O2 housing, the downpipe is quite simple.

For the downpipe you might have to hack it apart and change the flange, depending on the turbo/O2 housing, or however you decide to mate the downpipe to the turbo it may not work, then you'll probably want an O2 bung on the downpipe for a wideband sensor. I would be more inclined to have one made, or find one that was made for that turbo/manifold.

as far as i know, the piggy back from RRM will not work with 4 larger injectors, you need a reflash, or stand alone for that.

ok so now that i cant use the piggyback what standalone would you recomend? id like something that i can tune on my laptop reason i liked rrm's is because i could reprogram that to my liking.