EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   04-06 Ralliart Tires/Wheels/Brakes/Suspension (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension-95/)
-   -   Aggressive Wheels on 2004-2006 Lancer (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04-06-ralliart-tires-wheels-brakes-suspension/541247-aggressive-wheels-2004-2006-lancer.html)

Ghost-Eyes Jun 2, 2013 08:04 PM

I had a feeling at about 70-80 percent lock it will begin to rub but I'm worried about it rubbing on the strut where the spring sits on the damper :S

Ghost-Eyes Jun 3, 2013 02:54 AM

so ive accepted that its just too much hassle to fit this, atleast in my country
do you guys have any idea of any rims that look similar to this in a 16 but with a 7inch width and a little higher offset than +20 but still with a little lip?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...88109612_n.jpg

it is a dissapointing day here where i am haha :(

NorCal Lancer Jun 18, 2013 12:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
so my car is listed for sale, but I switched out the BBS rims I had on my car and put the evo 9 GSR rims to sell along with the car. These rims are the same exact measurements as the BBS rims, they are only a few lbs heavier for each wheel. Anyways, I wanted to share what my RA looks like with the evo 9 GSR rims.

2006_RA Jun 18, 2013 12:30 PM

@ NorCal Lancer,

Your car looks very good with those rims.
What size tyres are you using with the Evo 9 GSR rims ?

What suspension set up do you have ?

Fenders beaten, pulled etc ?

NorCal Lancer Jun 18, 2013 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by 2006_RA (Post 10852829)
@ NorCal Lancer,

Your car looks very good with those rims.
What size tyres are you using with the Evo 9 GSR rims ?

What suspension set up do you have ?

Fenders beaten, pulled etc ?

Thank you 2006_RA. The tire sizes are 215/40/17. Its lowered on Tein s-techs on the front only. Stock suspension in the rear. Someone hit my car over the back left rear wheel, so now the inner fender touches the tire. Before the hit, my car only rubbed in the back when 2 or more people sat in the back. I might even like the evo 9 GSR rims on the RA more than the BBS rims on the RA.

lanzerralliart Jun 18, 2013 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by NorCal Lancer (Post 10852799)
so my car is listed for sale, but I switched out the BBS rims I had on my car and put the evo 9 GSR rims to sell along with the car. These rims are the same exact measurements as the BBS rims, they are only a few lbs heavier for each wheel. Anyways, I wanted to share what my RA looks like with the evo 9 GSR rims.

Damn you too NorCal :crap: no partout? :D

NorCal Lancer Jun 18, 2013 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart (Post 10853273)
Damn you too NorCal :crap: no partout? :D

well if the car doesn't sell AS-IS for the price I want, then I will strip that thing down and part it out, haha. I wanted to avoid the headache of selling and shipping the parts. The BBS rims are on my evo now

Caviar Aug 1, 2013 07:16 AM

I am wondering about FAST WHEELS, never seen them on a ralliart and I am wondering why. I am looking at these http://www.fastwheels.ca/productinfo...ined+lip&wd=7#
they seem pretty sick, will they fit my 2006 ralliart, any comments on them would be great thanks

Ghost-Eyes Sep 14, 2013 11:48 PM

havent posted on this site for a long time due to the fact it is full of negative people who give bull**** responses to serious questions but here is the result to a question i asked on this site and got a bunch of absolute **** wits reply to

http://31.media.tumblr.com/a46c431d3...85ro7_1280.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/a9169d3d7...85ro5_1280.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/dce3ecb7b...85ro1_1280.jpg

16x8 +20's

final words on these wheels that "wont fit" is

eat ****, i ****ing told you so

CrAnSwIcK Sep 15, 2013 07:40 AM

Lol, you're pretty forward, I like it...

what was the question? if those will fit? with an offset like that on a 16, fitment shouldn't be an issue...

and can you post pics of the trailing arm clearance, it would be helpful for others as it seems you had doubts about fitment early on...

johnnycage Sep 16, 2013 01:34 PM

I ran tires just like those. Only issue was they rubbed the trailing arms, so you may want to check that if you haven't already. The way I fixed the trailing arm issue was by adding 5mm spacers.

Originally Posted by Ghost-Eyes (Post 10958424)
havent posted on this site for a long time due to the fact it is full of negative people who give bull**** responses to serious questions but here is the result to a question i asked on this site and got a bunch of absolute **** wits reply to

http://31.media.tumblr.com/a46c431d3...85ro7_1280.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/a9169d3d7...85ro5_1280.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/dce3ecb7b...85ro1_1280.jpg

16x8 +20's

final words on these wheels that "wont fit" is

eat ****, i ****ing told you so

bakuro117 Sep 16, 2013 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ghost-Eyes (Post 10958424)

^^^ This. I love it! {thumbup} The wheels looke really good too!

Good work sir. I like people who push the envelope of what the populace says you can or cannot do! Keep it up!

johnnycage Sep 17, 2013 05:12 AM

Oh and you may need to roll your fenders in the rear if you ever run people in the back. You might not have the same clearance as I didn't.

dtobias0 Oct 4, 2013 10:16 PM

what would be a good/great/perfect offset for 205/40R16 on 16x8 ??? im so confused lol

CrAnSwIcK Oct 5, 2013 04:11 AM

why would to put 205's on 8 inch rims? i'm confused...:confused: 205/40 stretched on a 16" diameter will look really weird...

dtobias0 Oct 6, 2013 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK (Post 10978853)
why would to put 205's on 8 inch rims? i'm confused...:confused: 205/40 stretched on a 16" diameter will look really weird...

16 inch 8 wide rim with +10 offset......im trying to figure out what size tire is good enough for me to kinda stretch it a lil.

CrAnSwIcK Oct 6, 2013 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by dtobias0 (Post 10979561)
16 inch 8 wide rim with +10 offset......im trying to figure out what size tire is good enough for me to kinda stretch it a lil.

but if you stretch an already low profile tire on a 16" rim, it will look weird, even if you're lowered...I think a 215/45 would fit better, I don't even know if you can get a 205 onto an 8 inch wheel...:confused: Ask the tire shop that's mounting them what the smallest width tire they can fit on your rim...

dtobias0 Oct 6, 2013 08:53 AM

yea i knew that lol
i want it to kinda look like this......

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/me...440-30016t.jpg

CrAnSwIcK Oct 6, 2013 11:11 AM

oh you want hellaflush...you'll need coilovers and it will need to be slammed...lowering springs won't cut it...

not my cup of tea, I tend to lean on the side of practicality, and function over "style"...also on bottomed coils, and no side wall, it will ride really rough, and handle like ****...just so you know...

dtobias0 Oct 6, 2013 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK (Post 10979803)
oh you want hellaflush...you'll need coilovers and it will need to be slammed...lowering springs won't cut it...

not my cup of tea, I tend to lean on the side of practicality, and function over "style"...also on bottomed coils, and no side wall, it will ride really rough, and handle like ****...just so you know...

oh noooo I didn't think it was THAT difficult smh just want my rims and tires come out pass the fender a lil lol without upgrading springs/coils or anything like that...I would just only be open to maybe rolling the fenders...is that still possible??

Automatic 51 Oct 6, 2013 10:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So you're going for 'Mexican offset' then? Fail.

Attachment 313898

Good luck with that, and quit posting the same damn question in every thread and sub forum you stumble across.

dtobias0 Oct 6, 2013 11:02 PM

real funny smart ass I gave a link above to show how I wanted it

ill post and ask what I want...if you not trying to give advice then don't even bother bro

CrAnSwIcK Oct 7, 2013 05:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
if you're not lowered at all, you won't need to roll your fenders...16" is an OEM wheel size...if you stretch a low profile tire onto a 16 without lowering, you'll have a wheelgap the size of the grand canyon...

I couldn't find a pic of a lancer, but this is what I mean...it just looks strange...the stretch you're proposing would even be more aggressive than this even...increasing the wheel gap

Attachment 313899

dtobias0 Oct 7, 2013 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK (Post 10980351)
if you're not lowered at all, you won't need to roll your fenders...16" is an OEM wheel size...if you stretch a low profile tire onto a 16 without lowering, you'll have a wheelgap the size of the grand canyon...

I couldn't find a pic of a lancer, but this is what I mean...it just looks strange...the stretch you're proposing would even be more aggressive than this even...increasing the wheel gap

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i5...fset/angle.jpg

yea I think I gotta but the space between my fender and the rim would be closer together...don't want it to be like this though

dtobias0 Oct 7, 2013 10:42 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/pi...347305&thumb=1

this..

CrAnSwIcK Oct 7, 2013 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by dtobias0 (Post 10980718)

he's definitely lowered...probably on coils...and they look like 17's or 18's even...

bakuro117 Oct 7, 2013 02:55 PM

well that guy is user SteezerAlec323. He said they are 16x8 with a 205 tire. idk what width his sidewall is though. The wheels appear to be gunmetal XXR 002's. Everywhere Ive looked says that is a 0mm offset. I would definitely get coil overs before putting those on though. It will look silly without the drop to match it. Good luck with it! Post pics when you get it done.

dtobias0 Oct 7, 2013 07:25 PM

yeah I think both of you guys are right lol guess ill get coils too then....we both have the exact same model lancer year and everything so pretty much sure its the same sidewalk...thanks you both lol im kinda of a newbie

CrAnSwIcK Oct 7, 2013 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by bakuro117 (Post 10981008)
well that guy is user SteezerAlec323. He said they are 16x8 with a 205 tire. idk what width his sidewall is though. The wheels appear to be gunmetal XXR 002's. Everywhere Ive looked says that is a 0mm offset. I would definitely get coil overs before putting those on though. It will look silly without the drop to match it. Good luck with it! Post pics when you get it done.

the picture is tiny...the wheels looked biger than 16's...I'm curous of the profile if those are 205's...

dtobias0 Oct 7, 2013 09:55 PM

yeah just go look at his page because he says that they are 16x8 but who knows...

bakuro117 Oct 7, 2013 11:34 PM

that's what the Guy said in his profile. doesn't look like he's been very active lately though. He has a few other pictures in his profile and the wheels actually look fairly small... According to xxr's website 16x8 is as big as that model comes.

dtobias0 Oct 8, 2013 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by bakuro117 (Post 10981511)
that's what the Guy said in his profile. doesn't look like he's been very active lately though. He has a few other pictures in his profile and the wheels actually look fairly small... According to xxr's website 16x8 is as big as that model comes.

yeah trying to talk to him is impossible....but could I decrease the fender and tire space if I got a bigger rim?? (17s 0r 18s maybe ?)

bakuro117 Oct 8, 2013 07:34 AM

Well its not just the wheel. Its the tire's sidewall as well. But yes a bigger wheel will naturally take up more space, but if you dont pair it with a proper size tire it could potentially be the same as a smaller wheel with a bigger sidewall. Tirerack.com has a lot of good information on tire sizing and what all the numbers mean. Then if you go into their store and look at tire sizes it will show you what the diameter of the tires your wanting will be so you can judge how closely it will be to your stock wheel size. But lancers usually sit a little higher in the front without some sort of suspension mods (lowering springs or coilovers) its going to be difficult to make both wheel wells look full.

I run Motegi Racing MR-125's 16x7 wheel with BFGoodrich G-Force KDW-2 tires sized at 225/45. Then my car is dropped on the Tein S.Tech springs so the wheel and tire combo nearly perfectly fills the wheel well. Now if I was being picky I would stance the wheels out another 10-15mm but then I would probably start getting a lot of rubbing, and would require at least a little fender rolling.

Start reading some stuff here and you'll get a better idea on what it takes to fill out your wheel wells. But if your set on the stretched tires look that throws another wrench into the equation. Ive never been one for the stretched look, so i honestly dont know much about how it affects it diameter of the tire. I prefer meaty fitment. But again, its not just about the size of the wheels your suspension has to complement the setup you'd like to go with or else it could turn out uneven and odd looking. IDK if you have any suspension work already or not but dont skimp out on that if you dont.

dtobias0 Oct 8, 2013 12:59 PM

yeah i kinda want the stretched look but you can put tien s tech springs on stock coils right?

bakuro117 Oct 8, 2013 02:01 PM

Im not sure if the ES has the same suspension as the RA. You can put the S.Techs on stock struts but I wouldnt advise it. The stock struts will blow very quickly. If your going with S.Techs at least get new KYB struts as well. Coilovers will give you many more options though... I have S.Techs now and im wishing I would have saved up a bit more for coilovers instead....

dtobias0 Oct 8, 2013 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by bakuro117 (Post 10982243)
Im not sure if the ES has the same suspension as the RA. You can put the S.Techs on stock struts but I wouldnt advise it. The stock struts will blow very quickly. If your going with S.Techs at least get new KYB struts as well. Coilovers will give you many more options though... I have S.Techs now and im wishing I would have saved up a bit more for coilovers instead....

yeah I've been reading that Most but not all people regret not just getting new coilovers instead....it wouldn't be permanant though just till get some

CrAnSwIcK Oct 8, 2013 04:08 PM

ES front suspension is not the same, but the chassis is, so you can install Ralliart suspension on the ES and OZ rally, as long as you use the RA mounts, struts and springs...the difference is the spring diameter, so the lower spring seat on the ES is too small for Ralliart springs...the rears as far as I know are all the same...

dtobias0 Oct 8, 2013 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK (Post 10982427)
ES front suspension is not the same, but the chassis is, so you can install Ralliart suspension on the ES and OZ rally, as long as you use the RA mounts, struts and springs...the difference is the spring diameter, so the lower spring seat on the ES is too small for Ralliart springs...the rears as far as I know are all the same...

yea I also found that out but I wouldn't do that anyway its too much work. I saw tein s techs for my lancer think that will work til I can save up lol

jsplaya080 Oct 9, 2013 07:17 AM

alright i just installed new wheels, xxr 530's onto my 03 lancer es and i have some rubbing i think on the strut housing.. the wheels are 17x8.25 with a 205/40 tire all around and the wheels have a +25 offset, what spacers should i go with to fix this?

CrAnSwIcK Oct 9, 2013 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by dtobias0 (Post 10982503)
yea I also found that out but I wouldn't do that anyway its too much work. I saw tein s techs for my lancer think that will work til I can save up lol

Ralliart suspension is better

Originally Posted by jsplaya080 (Post 10982929)
alright i just installed new wheels, xxr 530's onto my 03 lancer es and i have some rubbing i think on the strut housing.. the wheels are 17x8.25 with a 205/40 tire all around and the wheels have a +25 offset, what spacers should i go with to fix this?

how bad is it rubbing? if the wheel hits the strut, then it's likely that the wheels are not torqued properly...if you need more than 5mm there's something wrong with your setup.

Raikiri Oct 9, 2013 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by jsplaya080 (Post 10982929)

holy crap lol must be poking beyond the fender. not sure how you're hitting the strut housing though... you should be more than clear... I'm running the 17x8.25 527's +35 and im clearing the strut housings no problem.

CrAnSwIcK Oct 9, 2013 06:26 PM

hmm...if your clearing with +35, then +25 should be no problem, unless the ES hubs are a lesser distance from the strut than the RA...

dtobias0 Oct 9, 2013 07:17 PM

I want to get mine right the first time...springs for me for now til I can get coilovers.

jsplaya080 Oct 9, 2013 07:23 PM

i dont know what it is and the poke isnt bad at all, its a nice look i think. if i lowered it right down the rim would be just outside the fender w no rolling or pulling done yet, but anyways i installed them this morning and i went to go to school and i just heard this metal on metal scraping noise all the way down the road and i can feel it in the wheel as well, the only thing i didnt check was the strut so i just asumedthat could be it

dtobias0 Oct 9, 2013 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by jsplaya080 (Post 10983716)
i dont know what it is and the poke isnt bad at all, its a nice look i think. if i lowered it right down the rim would be just outside the fender w no rolling or pulling done yet, but anyways i installed them this morning and i went to go to school and i just heard this metal on metal scraping noise all the way down the road and i can feel it in the wheel as well, the only thing i didnt check was the strut so i just asumedthat could be it

yea man you're going to have to check...you cant really ride long with that

jsplaya080 Oct 9, 2013 09:38 PM

i just checked it, all 4 sides.. nothing touching anything so im just stumped. what could that possibly be?

bakuro117 Oct 9, 2013 09:51 PM

How about on the outter side of your wheel wells? You might need a little fender rolling afterall.

jsplaya080 Oct 9, 2013 09:54 PM

my cars not even lowered so i have quite a bit of wheel gap at the moment

dtobias0 Oct 9, 2013 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by jsplaya080 (Post 10983860)
my cars not even lowered so i have quite a bit of wheel gap at the moment

did you put everything back into its original place ??

jsplaya080 Oct 10, 2013 04:51 AM

yeah i did

zyezye Nov 10, 2013 09:31 PM

I just put a new set of tires for my winter rims and decided to go up one size in profile, and it rubs when im at 80-95% steer and locks when im at 100%. it does hit the fender liner when I hit a bump too hard or a pothole. other than that, drives like normal. and no fender rubbing as well.

specs are

03 lancer es
bone stock suspension that needs to be replaced. I suspect all my shocks are shot.

wheel specs are:
16x7
offset +42

tires: 205/55/16

I was wondering what size spacers should I use? 3, 5, 8 or even 10 mm?

eroximus Nov 11, 2013 11:59 PM

http://s16.postimg.org/b7eolqpw5/IMG...2_223244_1.jpg
http://s24.postimg.org/np4oc202d/IMG...0_132827_1.jpg

Thought i'd share my agressive wheel fitment 17x9 + 22 all around wrapped in 215/40/17 Yokohama S.drives and lowered on BC racing coil overs. No spacers were required but rear tires if bottomed out just scrapes the dirty off the inside of wheel well. Thanks to k3lv for all the info to getting this setup.

quikkstylez Nov 12, 2013 06:19 PM

^^ SICK {thumbup}{thumbup}

any more pics?

RalliartN Nov 13, 2013 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by zyezye (Post 11018044)
I just put a new set of tires for my winter rims and decided to go up one size in profile, and it rubs when im at 80-95% steer and locks when im at 100%. it does hit the fender liner when I hit a bump too hard or a pothole. other than that, drives like normal. and no fender rubbing as well.

specs are

03 lancer es
bone stock suspension that needs to be replaced. I suspect all my shocks are shot.

wheel specs are:
16x7
offset +42

tires: 205/55/16

I was wondering what size spacers should I use? 3, 5, 8 or even 10 mm?

my 5zigen wheels are that spec, perfect as is, no spacers.

RalliartN Nov 13, 2013 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by eroximus (Post 11019346)
http://s16.postimg.org/b7eolqpw5/IMG...2_223244_1.jpg
http://s24.postimg.org/np4oc202d/IMG...0_132827_1.jpg

Thought i'd share my agressive wheel fitment 17x9 + 22 all around wrapped in 215/40/17 Yokohama S.drives and lowered on BC racing coil overs. No spacers were required but rear tires if bottomed out just scrapes the dirty off the inside of wheel well. Thanks to k3lv for all the info to getting this setup.

What are the front and rear wheel cambers?

eroximus Nov 16, 2013 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by RalliartN (Post 11021698)
What are the front and rear wheel cambers?

Fronts are -1 and rears are -2.5

CrAnSwIcK Nov 16, 2013 08:55 PM

isn't that kinda weird?

gui dube987 Dec 8, 2013 06:46 PM

hello i want to put 17x8 +42 with 205/40/17 and i want to put coilovers too.. So will these fit and will i be able do drop it low? will i have to roll fenders?

bakuro117 Dec 8, 2013 07:45 PM

Found this from K3lv on page 2

"17x8 +48 = Too close to the inside(strut) will require spacer"

So the wheels will be close on the inside. But the tires you mentioned should fit if you get the wheels to clear. The only problem is the drop. You might be able to get a drop similar to where the S.Techs will put you. But even at that height you would want to look at rolling the lip in the rear fender well and maybe the fronts too...?

If your looking for a significant drop you might want to stick with 16" or even 15" wheels. A lot of the ES and OZ guys I've seen have had decent drops on 16s with stretched tires. There are a few pics in this thread I believe.

dtobias0 Dec 8, 2013 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by bakuro117 (Post 11046472)
Found this from K3lv on page 2

"17x8 +48 = Too close to the inside(strut) will require spacer"

So the wheels will be close on the inside. But the tires you mentioned should fit if you get the wheels to clear. The only problem is the drop. You might be able to get a drop similar to where the S.Techs will put you. But even at that height you would want to look at rolling the lip in the rear fender well and maybe the fronts too...?

If your looking for a significant drop you might want to stick with 16" or even 15" wheels. A lot of the ES and OZ guys I've seen have had decent drops on 16s with stretched tires. There are a few pics in this thread I believe.

would lowering springs would with 16s to get enough drop?

gui dube987 Dec 9, 2013 04:24 AM

Ok thank you very much for your answer cause i really want a good drop, so for that i should put 16x7+43 and ill be able to have a decent drop? :)

gui dube987 Dec 9, 2013 04:49 AM

Or might 17x7 +43 fit too for a decemt drop?

gui dube987 Dec 9, 2013 06:43 AM

But if 17x7 fit i think ill choose an other wheel so if i want to drop should choose +38 or +45 offset?

CrAnSwIcK Dec 9, 2013 07:07 AM

less offset means they'll stick out further from the hub...

gui dube987 Dec 9, 2013 09:12 AM

Ok good, and bakuro said 17x8+48 would be too close to the strut but would 16x8+26 but too close too or will it fit?

bakuro117 Dec 9, 2013 10:23 AM

THIS GUY is running 16x8+20 and they look pretty good on his car. Or the guy at the top of the last page is running 17x9+22. You might hit those guys up and see what they had to do to get their setup to fit.

gui dube987 Dec 9, 2013 04:00 PM

I own a ralliart 2005 and i would like to put some enkei ev5 wheels, 17x7+38 with 205/40R17 falken 912, do you think it would fit?

gui dube987 Dec 10, 2013 10:05 AM

16x8+20 would go flush with the fender or out of it?

bakuro117 Dec 10, 2013 10:23 AM

my 16x7+40 Motegi MR-125s sit pretty flush to the fenders. So using a bit of math (1inch = 25mm) a 16x8+20 would also sit pretty close to flush as well.

gui dube987 Dec 12, 2013 08:08 AM

Finally i bought the enkei ev5 17x7+38, anyone know which spacer i should buy to get the rims to be flush with the fender? :)

bakuro117 Dec 12, 2013 09:15 AM

Your looking at having 51mm from the hub to the outside of the wheel. So thats going to be pretty close to flush as it is. You might even need to roll on the back fenders depending on what size tires you get. But I would suspsect a 5-10mm spacer would put the wheel just about perfect with the fender, again you'll probably need to roll though. Best suggestion would be to search this thread Im sure there are several people who have ran something close to what you have. And see what tires they used. Then just put the wheel on and see how it looks. If you want it more flush get spacers. But Im thinking its going to be pretty close as it is.

EDIT:: I just checked. There are SEVERAL posts about fitting wheels of similar size to yours on the RA. At the top of this thread where the page count is. Just below that is a button that says "Search this Thread". Click on that and type in 17x7 you'll find all the info you need and some. :)

gui dube987 Dec 12, 2013 10:04 AM

Thank you :)

egis Jan 16, 2014 07:35 PM

http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/eg...bile%20Uploads

CrAnSwIcK Jan 17, 2014 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by egis (Post 11085772)

I don't get it...:confused:

bakuro117 Jan 17, 2014 07:50 AM

Misplaced post? lol

Disarmed Feb 18, 2014 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by eroximus (Post 11024663)
Fronts are -1 and rears are -2.5

You know the front struts have adjustable camber right? They can give you up to 3˚extra. Personally I've always thought the idea of the front wheels having more negative camber than the rears was really aggressive. Especially when the front is a little lower than the rear.

And are you maxed out on the rear struts? There seems to be a lot of wheel gap and I'd be disappointed if that's what it would be like with new wheels. I'm also on BCs but I'm looking to go for 16s rather than 17s. I just don't want any wheel gap.

CrAnSwIcK Feb 18, 2014 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Disarmed (Post 11119755)
You know the front struts have adjustable camber right? They can give you up to 3˚extra.

Um....since when? last I checked even an aftermarket camber kit on a macpherson strut gives you 1.5 maybe 2°

Disarmed Feb 18, 2014 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK (Post 11120089)
Um....since when? last I checked even an aftermarket camber kit on a macpherson strut gives you 1.5 maybe 2°

Struts, coilovers, same thing. BC Racing coilovers have adjustable camber plates, unfortunately only in the front for our cars, which allow an additional 3˚of negative camber.

CrAnSwIcK Feb 19, 2014 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Disarmed (Post 11120315)
Struts, coilovers, same thing. BC Racing coilovers have adjustable camber plates, unfortunately only in the front for our cars, which allow an additional 3˚of negative camber.

actually struts and coilovers are not the same thing...yes you can buy camber adjustable mounts I'm not sure if they are available for this chassis, though most quality coilover systems include this, but the way you worded it sounded like the car comes with the option...rear camber is adjusted by inner camber bolts on the rear control arms, it's not done at the top of the shock mount because you would have to pull the trunk liner to get at it, and the size of the mount would not allow for much adjustment... 1-2 degrees is fine, for most any application...

eroximus Feb 21, 2014 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Disarmed (Post 11119755)
You know the front struts have adjustable camber right? They can give you up to 3˚extra. Personally I've always thought the idea of the front wheels having more negative camber than the rears was really aggressive. Especially when the front is a little lower than the rear.

And are you maxed out on the rear struts? There seems to be a lot of wheel gap and I'd be disappointed if that's what it would be like with new wheels. I'm also on BCs but I'm looking to go for 16s rather than 17s. I just don't want any wheel gap.

My rears rub a bit if i go any lower so im fine with it because from the parallel side view the tire tucks slighty. My front camber is fine because it sits flush and perfect with the fenders and requires no more camber. Why would I even want to increase the negative camber on the front wheels to reduce the contact patch of my tires to the ground? Do you even car{pcfreak}? Lastly, Im pretty sure I know what i'm doing given the schooling and experience I have as a second year going to third year automotive apprentice. You should really work on your automotive knowledge before telling others what to do.

Disarmed Feb 22, 2014 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK (Post 11120679)
actually struts and coilovers are not the same thing...yes you can buy camber adjustable mounts I'm not sure if they are available for this chassis, though most quality coilover systems include this, but the way you worded it sounded like the car comes with the option...rear camber is adjusted by inner camber bolts on the rear control arms, it's not done at the top of the shock mount because you would have to pull the trunk liner to get at it, and the size of the mount would not allow for much adjustment... 1-2 degrees is fine, for most any application...

I've looked high and low for camber plates but I don't think there are any available for our car. I might just get lower control arms fabricated for the rears since I can't find anything anywhere. My bad I confused you with the wording lolol.

Originally Posted by eroximus (Post 11123477)
You should really work on your automotive knowledge before telling others what to do.

I never told you what to do. I'm sorry if it came off like I was trying to impose my ideas onto you, that was not my intention. I have the same coilovers as you and I'm looking to go for a setup similar to yours regarding fitment. How much room do you have left to go lower on both the fronts and rears?

eroximus Feb 24, 2014 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Disarmed (Post 11124413)
I've looked high and low for camber plates but I don't think there are any available for our car. I might just get lower control arms fabricated for the rears since I can't find anything anywhere. My bad I confused you with the wording lolol.

I never told you what to do. I'm sorry if it came off like I was trying to impose my ideas onto you, that was not my intention. I have the same coilovers as you and I'm looking to go for a setup similar to yours regarding fitment. How much room do you have left to go lower on both the fronts and rears?

Sorry that I took it that way. My fronts can go lower if i pull the fenders further out but the inner plastic wheel splash guards already rub when turning full lock so I wouldn't lower it anymore. My rears are rubbing on the outer edges of the fender arch so If i put even more camber I can probably go 2-3 cm lower but I don't think that is necessary and also that amount of camber might start forcing the tire to wheel to rub the inner wheel well which protects the strut tower. So Id just leave it where I am. If you really wanted to you can pull the **** out of those fenders and put spacers to avoid the inside rubbing but you'd have a lot of poke without fender work.

Bcuzlancer Mar 2, 2014 07:42 AM

How close to the suspension strut are you in the front and rear because i have the 03 lancer and theyre similar with fitment. I currently run 16x8 +15 and want to run 16x9 for my next setup but the wheels i want only come in +20 for 9 inches wide so i just want to be sure they dont touch the struts. Now that might be too much poke for the front so depending, ill run more camber or just go staggered and go smaller in the front

eroximus Mar 13, 2014 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bcuzlancer (Post 11132475)
How close to the suspension strut are you in the front and rear because i have the 03 lancer and theyre similar with fitment. I currently run 16x8 +15 and want to run 16x9 for my next setup but the wheels i want only come in +20 for 9 inches wide so i just want to be sure they dont touch the struts. Now that might be too much poke for the front so depending, ill run more camber or just go staggered and go smaller in the front

The fronts don't come close or any indication of it touching but the rears slightly takes the dirty off of the rear strut mounting area so its probably 1-2 mm away from rubbing.

Bcuzlancer Mar 13, 2014 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by eroximus (Post 11144789)
The fronts don't come close or any indication of it touching but the rears slightly takes the dirty off of the rear strut mounting area so its probably 1-2 mm away from rubbing.

ill probably just get like 5mm spacers or something. Thanks for the info man

myra13 Mar 17, 2014 04:37 AM

I need help! I'm planningon putting 16x8.0 +15 rims on 04 lancer ralliart sedan...
What do i need to do. Thanks

Bcuzlancer Mar 17, 2014 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by myra13 (Post 11147318)
I need help! I'm planningon putting 16x8.0 +15 rims on 04 lancer ralliart sedan... What do i need to do. Thanks

You at stock height or are you dropped?

myra13 Mar 18, 2014 05:04 AM

I have megan coilover full adjustable and rear roll fender

Bcuzlancer Mar 18, 2014 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by myra13 (Post 11148536)
I have megan coilover full adjustable and rear roll fender

Youll need to roll all fenders and run stretched tires. If you run bulky tires, you will destroy your fenders if youre dropped all the way lol

aznbabee Apr 1, 2014 10:47 PM

Complete noob to the Lancer world. Right now, I just have the stock 16's, and its stock height. I read the pages in this thread, but am a little confused as to what the widest set of tires i can put on these rims without having rubbing issues?

DirtyRalli Apr 10, 2014 12:06 PM

Hey guys im looking to run enkei rpf1s 17x8 +35 with a 225/45

Can you guys help me out with any input on that setup

Thanks!

DirtyRalli Apr 10, 2014 12:09 PM

Im not too into stance im more for function... I just want the tires and rim to sit close to the fender

DirtyRalli Apr 10, 2014 12:17 PM

Well i just read on here that alot of guys run 215/40/17 and their happy with it... I think ill run those...225/45 might be overkill

MirrorEyes Apr 10, 2014 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by DirtyRalli (Post 11173700)
Well i just read on here that alot of guys run 215/40/17 and their happy with it... I think ill run those...225/45 might be overkill

I had 205/40 mounted on my 17x8 but it was too much stretch for my liking. Don't plan on going that low, cause of where I live. I have some 215/45 tires coming, I read those fit nicely as well.

RcEvo09MR Apr 10, 2014 11:47 PM

stretching tire time lol

DirtyRalli Apr 11, 2014 05:55 PM

How do your 17 x 8 fit? Did yu have to roll and pull... Did they stick out alot?

DirtyRalli Apr 11, 2014 05:56 PM

Does anyone know how wide the stock rim is?

CrAnSwIcK Apr 11, 2014 07:14 PM

6 I think.

looked it up, 16x6

DirtyRalli Apr 11, 2014 10:19 PM

Perfect thanks

MichaelHaley Apr 12, 2014 10:16 PM

Ok so first of all I read all through the posts and still need some help with info. I have an 2005 RA dropped on Tein coilovers, 1.8" I believe, and haven't rolled or pulled the fenders.. Anyways I want to throw up some 16x8 shoes with a +48 offset while running a 205/45zr16 tire. Thanks to the reading I know it will throw the rim inward 31mm towards and extend an extra 19mm. What Im asking is what modifications is needed. Like the size of spacers need to clear strut and roll or roll-pull rear fenders.