EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Discussion / Rumors (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/discussion-rumors-404/)
-   -   "Evo XI" rumors, speculations, and media reports. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/discussion-rumors/580250-evo-xi-rumors-speculations-media-reports.html)

evo_soul Jan 29, 2012 03:03 PM

I think we should wait until November for the official announcement for Mitsubishi's road map and new car unveiling. Mitsubishi has new engine platforms and electrical system revamps in R&D. And no one says that the next generation EVO has to only have one configuration. Everything I have been following says they have multiple platforms in R&D.

While Mitsubishi taken alot of flack for changing the course towards more green projects. I think we should give it another year to see what the final results are.

I mean we do not know what will be rolling into production until its on the boat and on its way. What if lol and I kinda smile with this when I say it.

What if they made a gas hybrid and diesel variants of the EVO. Impractical? what if Mitsubishi made other performance cars that had a platform that could support either configuration?

No doubt, this could be Mitsubishi's lowest point, but I think it would be best to wait and see what comes down the shoot. Some pretty interesting characters have signed on to the development of the next gen of cars.

After talking with guys working with the FRS and BRZ development. Toyota learned their lesson from losing an entire generation of tuners and have made the commitment to get back into this space. As a joint op with Subaru, I think they will be successful. They will have many options that add to or take away from the car. I think in Japan you can even order the car with no paint. They wish to make the car intimately personal and allow you to customize. Something I wished Mitsubishi would do for sometime. The next 5 years will be big for companies who embrace the tuner space. Mitsubishi must decide what demographic to follow. As they change to updated platforms, we will have our answer soon. People tend to let recent press releases dictate what Mitsubishi is becoming. But remember these cars coming out now, have been in development for 4 years. Mitsubishi's performance development was hampered and complicated with its alliance with Chrysler. A mistake that cost them time and money in terms R&D. Look for future developments on a performance front to have a Nissan influence.

My two cents....

But the next 7 months we will know what happens. Just gotta sit on our hands.

ikt Jan 29, 2012 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX (Post 9925634)
I haven't "forgotten" anything mate. I am more than aware that the Evo is a sub model of the Lancer. Thanks for stating the obvious. You must be living in a different decade. Take a look around you. You see hybrids and electric cars coming on the scence. California just passed a law that 15% of all vehicles sold in California will need to be electric cars, this in addition to the 54.5 mpg regulations.

Please don't throw your hypothetical "economics 101" bs at people. It doesn't fly. And revisit the comments by Mitsubishi's president, who hates racing and was the one who stated that the next Evo will be a diesel/hybrid. Maybe you know more than he does, and maybe you know more than all the automotive media in the world. I guess that you make you a genius. But nyah, I don't think so.

If I had my way, Mitsubishi would have a lineup full of performance cars. They would have Evo drivetrains in Outlander Sport models. If you really think you know something, then tell me why Honda has gone the direction it has. Honda has made it clear that the next NSX will be a hybrid. And don't forget what both Audi and Peugeot are racing in LeMans/ALMS. Yes, diesel/hybrids! :(

you're emotionally involved with rumors about a car :rolleyes:

ZCHF Jan 31, 2012 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by ikt (Post 9926146)
you're emotionally involved with rumors about a car :rolleyes:

It's not a rumor when the president comes out and announces it. :lol:

There are VARIOUS sources stating it will be a hybrid.
YOU on the other hand, are the only one that thinks they will continue the 4B11 and because of what...you took some intro to marketing for retards class....yeah, i'll pass on your opinion until you get something concrete.

ZCHF Jan 31, 2012 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by jazket (Post 9921523)
Why do people keep complaining about price points for these cars?

Let's see some examples:

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution base price: $27,000
2005 BMW M3 Coupe (e46) base price: $47,000

2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution base price: $35,000
2012 BMW M3 Coupe (e92) base price: $60,000

You have to take into consideration new technologies put into these cars which cost the manufacturer money, and also currency disparity and/or devaluation... 35k of today is not 27k of back then of course... but it's just not worth the argument when the M3 price is also up a good 27% from the last model... :updown:

Aren't you also making more money than you were 5 years ago? ;)

It's the new technologies pricing points that scare me. Diesel's are generally 5-8k more expensive than their counterparts. Hybrids are normally 3-5k more than their counterparts.

You are talking the potential to have a car that has a BASE price of 43k with a loaded price pushing into the 50's. That's a far cry from their "look what you get for the money" days.

Man, for those price ranges, you can get a nice loaded 2009 M3 with under 30k miles.

That said, I will withhold true judgement until the actual model and pricing is released. Who knows...it could be 400hp, get 40+mpg, have the interior of an audi, and cost 45k, in which case I would be all in. :D

FastAttack Jan 31, 2012 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by ikt (Post 9925590)
Mits loves rumors making it sound like they're going green. It's good for business. But diesel cost to consumers is 20% higher than gasoline. Again, Mits answers to a board of directors and economists. Creating a new platform based on eliminating their flagship, and doing so to produce a car that would cost consumers MORE to drive will never happen.

Also, remember they consider the Eclipse a "sports car"-that would be more likely to see a diesel engine than an Evo.

Actually the cost of diesel is only higher in the states, compared to the rest of the world, as most countries have a subsidy on Diesel.

I would be interested to see this new model Evo. Before I pass judgment on it.

btw that Diesel test of Audi diesel race car in Sebring after I flew in for Breakfast ( best place to eat in the morning! ) I got to see the car in person. what i was impressed was how quiet it was.. and how quick the dam thing was.

if the new evo was just like that car I would take it in a heartbeat :)

LightningCrossZ Jan 31, 2012 03:05 PM

sigh...I wasn't crazy about the X when it came out, but I learned to like it, its no IX mind you, but I've got some buddies who've built some mean machines outta the platform...this however...well i suppose I'll have to wait and see. I just wish Mitsu would bring back an AWD turbocharged coup, come on gen3 talon!!!!

vanilla2 Jan 31, 2012 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by LightningCrossZ (Post 9931116)
sigh...I wasn't crazy about the X when it came out, but I learned to like it, its no IX mind you, but I've got some buddies who've built some mean machines outta the platform...this however...well i suppose I'll have to wait and see. I just wish Mitsu would bring back an AWD turbocharged coup, come on gen3 talon!!!!

Id consider an eclipse gsx again if it were smaller like the previous generations.

evo_soul Feb 2, 2012 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by mnauelg1702 (Post 9931511)
Id consider an eclipse gsx again if it were smaller like the previous generations.

you might get your wish ;)

nickraft14 Feb 2, 2012 07:20 PM

i dont like it

ikt Feb 3, 2012 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by ZCHF (Post 9930149)
It's not a rumor when the president comes out and announces it. :lol:

There are VARIOUS sources stating it will be a hybrid.
YOU on the other hand, are the only one that thinks they will continue the 4B11 and because of what...you took some intro to marketing for retards class....yeah, i'll pass on your opinion until you get something concrete.

economics, how do they work

TrackDSMguy Feb 5, 2012 10:40 AM

I heard they might be making the XI a hybrid?? WTF!! Bring back the 4G63

AFD Feb 5, 2012 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by TrackDSMguy (Post 9942635)
I heard they might be making the XI a hybrid?? WTF!! Bring back the 4G63

Yeah! And bring back the 4G32.. the 1600 GSR was the last real Lancer.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lly_Lancer.JPG

:p

SamsonEvoX Feb 5, 2012 12:05 PM

^ Too funny. Yes, for every generation of Evo, there are loyalists. 1600 GSR FTW!

Robevo RS Feb 5, 2012 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by SamsonEvoX (Post 9942836)
^ Too funny. Yes, for every generation of Evo, there are loyalists. 1600 GSR FTW!

hey won before Porsche and so at the safari rally. :)

SamsonEvoX Feb 5, 2012 02:45 PM

I know Rob. It was a great rally car.