EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   E85 / Ethanol (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/e85-ethanol-225/)
-   -   E85 tuning notes (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/e85-ethanol/353347-e85-tuning-notes.html)

leecavturbo Jan 14, 2009 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by mrfred (Post 6569118)
Yeah, I figured that would do it. I need to do it as well. What cells did you change?

just the cells at the temps you have high idle.
i'm not too hot with ecuflash!
edit: cell. desired ISCV initial step position with AC off-neutral
possibly lowered Desired idle RPM-neutral too at the concerned temps.

travman Jan 14, 2009 10:03 AM

I didnt think the iscv tables on the IX's were correct? so I haven't messed with them...... I have messed with them on VIII's to keep from stalling with intakes with success, so im sure it would work.

leecavturbo Jan 14, 2009 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by travman (Post 6569412)
I didnt think the iscv tables on the IX's were correct? so I haven't messed with them...... I have messed with them on VIII's to keep from stalling with intakes with success, so im sure it would work.

its working for me on a jdm 8 gsr NON MR

sdfontanini Jan 14, 2009 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by mdsevo06 (Post 6004538)
Bring it back. Has anyone had Idle issues with E85 and the bigger Injectors? Any stalling when coming to a stop?

I've ran into this issue, it's a pain in the ass to tune out. This is my only complaint on e85 after having fixed the cold start issue with the IPW adder mod

SpoolnupTuning Jan 14, 2009 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by rEVoLed (Post 6478060)
Well the temp being in the teens have made the cold starts extremely hard, last night I had to crank it multiple times in order for it to start but once it is warm or luke warm, the car starts fine.

Try playing with the latencys a little to get the startup a little richer!{thumbup} ive done it and it cranks fine in 20 degree weather!

mrfred Jan 14, 2009 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by leecavturbo (Post 6569411)
just the cells at the temps you have high idle.
i'm not too hot with ecuflash!
edit: cell. desired ISCV initial step position with AC off-neutral
possibly lowered Desired idle RPM-neutral too at the concerned temps.

Interesting. That table is incorrectly defined. Its related to ISCV, but its not an ISCV step position.

leecavturbo Jan 14, 2009 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by mrfred (Post 6569679)
Interesting. That table is incorrectly defined. Its related to ISCV, but its not an ISCV step position.

well i definately have lowered my start up. maybe the lowering of desired rpm at X temp works as i said i did both at the same time. i lowered it at my start up temps to 1000rpm which actually gives 1300 max for 2 secs ish. much better than the 1900 i was getting. it then settles to 1050 ish for 30secs is then slowly diminshing :thumbup:

fixem2 Jan 14, 2009 11:27 AM

leecavturbo, can you post a pic of the before and after tables?

spoolenup, how much did you adjust the latencys to get the start to workout in cold weather?

Going to be a high of -2 tomorrow and today it is hovering in the teens, IPW adder gives me no issues at startup, but would like to get rid of the RPM shootup to 2500.

leecavturbo Jan 14, 2009 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by fixem2 (Post 6569796)

5 - 10 mins :thumbup:

mrfred Jan 14, 2009 11:33 AM

spoolenup, how much did you adjust the latencys to get the start to workout in cold weather?

Going to be a high of -2 tomorrow and today it is hovering in the teens, IPW adder gives me no issues at startup, but would like to get rid of the RPM shootup to 2500.

Although adjusting the "ISCV Initial Steps AC-off neutral" worked for leecavturbo, I suggest changing the big ISCV table instead. The big table sets the ISCV step. The "ISCV Initial Steps AC-off neutral" table only affects what cell in the big table is used. The best plan would be to log ISCV during startup (with EvoScan) in cold weather to see the initial value when the rpms shoot up. Then find that value in the big table, and change it to a smaller number.

SpoolnupTuning Jan 14, 2009 11:39 AM

what injectors are you using?

leecavturbo Jan 14, 2009 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
stock on the left . lowered on the right
Attachment 298310
fred probably has a better way. i'm very new to this stuff

fixem2 Jan 14, 2009 11:46 AM

Running FIC 1050 injectors.

SpoolnupTuning Jan 14, 2009 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by fixem2 (Post 6569928)
Running FIC 1050 injectors.

rich en up the 7v 9v and 11v a little! probably around 1.0ms. Fic's are a little different than pte's and rc's! Your trims will change a little but not enough to hurt you.

leecavturbo Jan 14, 2009 12:17 PM

any feedback? this definately worked for me.
and has been for 3months ish.