EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Meth Failsafe and Patches (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/314505-meth-failsafe-patches.html)

C6C6CH3vo Jan 15, 2008 09:32 PM

Anyone know the current draw of the SES bulb?

The joint connector to the light is located under the steering column, I'm planning on terminating the OEM SES and replacing it with a jumbo LED from radio shack located in clear view and don't want to overload the ECU output.

Even though I can feel the 10 psi drop in boost from the knock patch, I would also like to see that it's not the methanol safeguard. Just need one big brite light in view to tell my brain whats going on while trying to drive

Jack_of_Trades Jan 15, 2008 10:10 PM

Not sure off hand but I can test that out in the next day or two. Once we get this new patch rolling out and my tutorial on how to add an LED output you'll have your own LED indicator solely for the meth failsafe so you will KNOW when the failsafe is the reason.
Here is a sample of mine:
(This isn't EXACTLY how I'd have the wiring setup for the failsafe "LED" circuit, but its close enough)

http://dsm-ezine.com/EVO_ADC/adc_map_switching_evo.wmv
RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE if you want to see it bigger

tephra Jan 15, 2008 10:15 PM

Cool video :)

So given that Jamie is happy with "how it works" I am going to get 88590015 out for a few testers (mrfred, dudical).

Once everyone is happy that it works as expected, and no other issues then ill start the process of doing all the ROMID's properly.

fixem2 Jan 15, 2008 10:16 PM

Nice video, can definitly hear the idle change. (sounds darn good to, BTW!)

laramie_05MR Jan 16, 2008 04:13 PM

thanks for making the video.

Jack_of_Trades Jan 16, 2008 04:18 PM

You're welcome. I am actually editing a TON of video's right now taking you through almost every process. It should be so simple to accomplish this mod when we are done.

Evoryder Jan 16, 2008 04:53 PM

nice video...mine is still better, i got cool music on mine.

bnice01 Jan 16, 2008 05:24 PM

nice vid bro keep it coming

tephra Jan 16, 2008 07:28 PM

I just sent out a couple of 94170014's and 88590015's for testing.

I have decided not to bother with 13/14 - just extra administration on my behalf.

That is unless someone can give me a good reason not too :)

Evoryder Jan 16, 2008 07:33 PM

So the patch you sent me Tephra does what again...i can't remember on what we ended up with?

tephra Jan 16, 2008 07:37 PM

4.7 is everything that was released b4 (nlts, knockcel, valet) but now includes:
autovalet mode
load threshold for nlts
extra knock parameter for knockcel
alt maps by using either the AutoICS switch (if equipped) OR ADC0F (See JoT writeup)

Jack_of_Trades Jan 16, 2008 07:38 PM

It uses the ADC input to switch maps, not just the ICS switch. It needs to get 4.7-5.0v to switch to alt maps and 0v to run the standard maps. I'll have my tutorials complete this week, with video's too.

C6C6CH3vo Jan 16, 2008 08:49 PM

Nice video.

I actually run one of tephra's older experimental patches. All it does is control the ICS relay that I got limiting boost upon knock. This one would work best in my case since the ignition advance, comparitivly speaking, is retarded already and boost 30+.

My goal is to integrate it with my WM safeguard so both boost limiting actuators (DV and WGA sol in this case) energize in an OR type fasion at same time instead of independantly to each system. This would give me more reduntant safety and more boost drop at knock. A LED as bright as the ecu can handle would tell me what sytem is venting boost. Right now the SES light and WM SI LED are too dull and I have to keep the car on the road.

I'll take some readings on the circuit and SES bulb sometime and see what kind of mcd the ecu can handle, hoping for 10,000mcd, that will make you see spots.

Jack_of_Trades Jan 17, 2008 04:14 PM

Here is the first of the "How-To" tutorial guys. There is going to be a How-To thread started once I finish all of these but here is one to give people an idea of how this all works for Map switching. There will be tutorials for 'ADC Map Switching" and tutorials for "ADC failsafes".

Enjoy.

HOW-TO TUTORIAL

laramie_05MR Jan 17, 2008 07:43 PM

whoo hoo.