EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   It's alive! (Speed density, stock ECU) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/367913-its-alive-speed-density-stock-ecu.html)

Toxin Sep 16, 2008 12:47 AM

Sick. I'll take 2 please!

Jack_of_Trades Sep 16, 2008 06:32 AM

I'm gonna get an AEM IAT sensor and install it now anyways. I can log it with my Zeitronix widebands "User1" input to see how my FMIC is doing at least. Then I'll be ready once this thing hits the streets :)

MR Turco Sep 16, 2008 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades (Post 6122128)
I'm gonna get an AEM IAT sensor and install it now anyways. I can log it with my Zeitronix widebands "User1" input to see how my FMIC is doing at least. Then I'll be ready once this thing hits the streets :)

I am doing the exact same thing. The intake manifold is coming off this winter so i can give it a light port and tap the bung on the manifold for the GM IAT.

Tuner@Swift Sep 16, 2008 10:23 AM

Disaster!

Not really, but I had to pull my head off yet again. I went to change the oil after 2 hrs of engine run time, and a nice mix of oil and coolant came pouring out. I did a compression check and everything came out OK. I pulled the head today and discovered a washer between the gasket and the block right at a coolant passage. Doh! :rolleyes:

I'm having everything checked to make sure the deck and head are flat, then I'll reassemble once again. After that, I should be on the dyno and commencing my testing in depth.

tkklemann Sep 16, 2008 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by mixmastermatt (Post 6122843)
Disaster!

Not really, but I had to pull my head off yet again. I went to change the oil after 2 hrs of engine run time, and a nice mix of oil and coolant came pouring out. I did a compression check and everything came out OK. I pulled the head today and discovered a washer between the gasket and the block right at a coolant passage. Doh! :rolleyes:

I'm having everything checked to make sure the deck and head are flat, then I'll reassemble once again. After that, I should be on the dyno and commencing my testing in depth.

Did you make sure and check to see if the washer left an indentation in the bottom of the head? Damn, that sucks..

justboosted02 Sep 16, 2008 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by mixmastermatt (Post 6122843)
Disaster!

set it on fire, its the only way................

bnice01 Sep 16, 2008 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades (Post 6097652)
What are some IAT sensors we should look into getting? I heard the AEM IAT Sensor is good because of the plastic tip resists heat soaking the sensor more.

Found it for $52 shipped HERE.

Nice find, I cant wait for this :D

MR Turco Sep 16, 2008 10:55 AM

I believe buschur stated the AEM and GM are pretty much the same sensor if not the same sensor.

I got mine from RS Autosports here for $25 shipped. It also has a plastic tip and comes with the mail connector, just need to crip the ends and feed the wires through.

bnice01 Sep 16, 2008 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco (Post 6122959)
I believe buschur stated the AEM and GM are pretty much the same sensor if not the same sensor.

I got mine from RS Autosports here for $25 shipped. It also has a plastic tip and comes with the mail connector, just need to crip the ends and feed the wires through.

yeah they do look the same, good point {thumbup}

i like your price better :lol:

Jack_of_Trades Sep 16, 2008 11:38 AM

Good looking out man! Looks I'll be needing a bung welded to my piping a lot sooner than I thought :D

sabastian458 Sep 16, 2008 01:34 PM

So is this available for other roms? I would LOVE to have this. I have the JDM map, and the AEM sensor with harness, What else is needed?

Jack_of_Trades Sep 16, 2008 03:54 PM

Its technically not available at all yet. Its still in its infant stages but once the ECUflash public embraces this....it'll be done in no time,lol.

oldevodude Sep 16, 2008 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by l2r99gst (Post 6092314)
They are probably converting to hot wire maf systems, though, not Karmen maf systems.

post 38 answered this .....{thumbup} :beer:

jmtx86 Sep 16, 2008 04:52 PM

Lets get a trial file out so the rest of us can start playing :)

Dapper Dan Sep 16, 2008 05:07 PM

Well get on the ball man, lol......