EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred) (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/434504-patch-force-obd-inspection-pass-acamus-mrfred.html)

volks-traitor Jul 23, 2009 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by colonelfox (Post 7302173)
This is almost like seeing boobs for the first time up close. Awesome work guys. :beer:

i agree! you couldn't spend enough money on a standalone or piggy back and get it to do this stuff- thanks guys!:beer::beer::beer:

Kilratio Jul 25, 2009 12:14 PM

So let me get this straight. If I use Evoscan to clear my codes I can then install this patch and go directly to the emmission tester without driving for 75 miles for the ecu to reset and throw my p0121 and p0420?

Also, does anyone know why i cant save the file using notepad?

logic Jul 25, 2009 07:32 PM

Install the patch, then clear the codes, but yes: once this patch is applied, as long as the codes are cleared and don't return, you should be able to hit the testing facility right away.

Actually, that's exactly what I did. ;)

Kilratio Jul 25, 2009 08:09 PM

Sweet, now the only other question I have is why couldnt i save the changes i made using notepad... it wouldn't let me save the file after i modified it.

Kilratio Jul 28, 2009 06:39 AM

bump.. still need an answer to this .. ^^^. i followed the video.. but t wont let me save the changes using notepad... in fact I have the same rom as the video so I did it step by step.

steadly2004 Jul 28, 2009 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Kilratio (Post 7329618)
bump.. still need an answer to this .. ^^^. i followed the video.. but t wont let me save the changes using notepad... in fact I have the same rom as the video so I did it step by step.

When you go to save it, make sure you click "save as" and check the file name and have the correct file extension (XML). Some people have notepad plus or something like that and tries to save the file under a different name, instead of replacing the origional. You have to make sure you replace the origional (name and extension being correct).

EVO8LTW Jul 28, 2009 11:05 AM

Also, make sure it isn't Vista preventing you from writing to files in the Program Files directory.

Raceghost Jul 30, 2009 10:55 PM

Sweet, now the only other question I have is why couldnt i save the changes i made using notepad... it wouldn't let me save the file after i modified it.
Make sure the ECU Flash is closed when changing the xml.file. Or it will be utilizing this very xml you are changing, and then you opened it in another program, the original program locks it out so you can't overwrite the file and crash the program that is actually utilizing it. I learned that the other day, well, 10 years ago, but never let it get me till the other day...lol

Quick question on topic.

I need to know where i can get these OBDII instructions for ROM 96420011...
Can any one give me a heas up?

Thanks in advance.

JohnBradley Jul 31, 2009 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Raceghost (Post 7341914)
Make sure the ECU Flash is closed when changing the xml.file. Or it will be utilizing this very xml you are changing, and then you opened it in another program, the original program locks it out so you can't overwrite the file and crash the program that is actually utilizing it. I learned that the other day, well, 10 years ago, but never let it get me till the other day...lol

Quick question on topic.

I need to know where i can get these OBDII instructions for ROM 96420011...
Can any one give me a heas up?

Thanks in advance.

I think I have them in my notes. I'll go through em and see what I have.

LeXcite Jul 31, 2009 03:22 PM

Still get my P0135 CEL this is front o2 sensor circuit ..

recompile Jul 31, 2009 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by LeXcite (Post 7344607)
Still get my P0135 CEL this is front o2 sensor circuit ..

This patch does nothing to affect CEL codes, O2 sensors, etc.

All it does it return "Available/Pass" when an OBD scan is done of the car. That's it.

There are plenty of other threads discussing how to disable certain CELs or simulate O2's.

acamus Aug 8, 2009 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by MR. EVO MR (Post 7295921)
are you adding more roms?
i need 94170008

Code:

<table name="Non-Continuous Monitor Availability Patch Part 1" category="OBD Inspection" address="3677a" type="1D" level="1" scaling="Hex16"/>

<table name="Non-Continuous Monitor Availability Patch Part 2" category="OBD Inspection" address="36790" type="1D" level="1" scaling="Hex16"/>

<table name="Non-Continuous Monitor Completion Patch" category="OBD Inspection" address="36796" type="2D" level="1" scaling="Hex16">
                <table type="Static Y Axis" elements="2">
                        <data>36796 </data>
                        <data>36798</data>
                </table>
        </table>

Non-Continuous Monitor Completion Patch
@36796 DA2A -> EAFF
@36798 6AA1 -> 6AA7

Non-Continuous Monitor Availability Patch Part 1
from 4019 to E000

Non-Continuous Monitor Availability Patch Part 2
from 6AA1 to EAFF

Code:

<table name="Monitor Available(1)/Not Available(0)" category="OBD Inspection" address="36791" type="2D" level="2" scaling="blobbits">
                <table name="Non-Continuous Monitor Availability Bits" type="Static Y Axis" flipy="true" elements="8">
                        <data>EGR system</data>
                        <data>Oxygen heater sensor</data>
                        <data>Oxygen sensor</data>
                        <data>A/C system refrigerant</data>
                        <data>Secondary air system</data>
                        <data>Evaporative system</data>
                        <data>Heated catalyst</data>
                        <data>Catalyst</data>
                </table>
        </table>

<table name="Monitor Passed(1)/Failed(0)" category="OBD Inspection" address="36797" type="2D" level="2" scaling="blobbits">
                <table name="Non-Continuous Monitor Completion Bits" type="Static Y Axis" flipy="true" elements="8">
                        <data>EGR system</data>
                        <data>Oxygen heater sensor</data>
                        <data>Oxygen sensor</data>
                        <data>A/C system refrigerant</data>
                        <data>Secondary air system</data>
                        <data>Evaporative system</data>
                        <data>Heated catalyst</data>
                        <data>Catalyst</data>
                </table>
        </table>

MR Turco Aug 9, 2009 02:36 PM

I applied tephra's 5.10 rom to a local today for rom 94170015. Non-Continuous Monitor Completion Patch table @3688E is showing up as DAFF not DA2A. I changed it to EAFF, didn't seem to have an ill effect. Anyone else see this?

wizzo 8 Aug 9, 2009 02:42 PM

Very nice{thumbup}

fknlowpsi Aug 13, 2009 10:19 AM

thank you guys. my car passed with flying colors yesterday. it is pretty funny u can smell how rich my car is running with out a cat and i still passed. HAHAHA