EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   96530706 + DMA +LiveMap + SD - working (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/435018-96530706-dma-livemap-sd-working.html)

elhalisf Jul 24, 2009 07:26 PM

Is there a way to run this map without the air intake temp sensor reading, that is, reading the temp from the maf sensor?

l2r99gst Jul 24, 2009 08:53 PM

If you want to run SD, then you need an AIT sensor somewhere in your UICP or IM.

l2r99gst Jul 24, 2009 09:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 (Post 7318268)
Looking forward to your newerest version of live mapping where it grabs your items for the chart. (Since you hard coded the omni and I'm using JDM MAP)

So please post it when you are done fooling with it.

OK, since I'm not sure how much time I will have this weekend to do anything, I will just post up the .exe that I tested out, just in case you want to give it a look or use it before I get my final version out. I'm sure there are bugs in it, and I was messing around with the lines in the graph for some of the items, but here it is. Once I get a final version out, I will update post #2 with it.

Just add this to where you have your LiveMap installed and run this .exe instead.

Eric

l2r99gst Jul 25, 2009 06:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jcsbanks (Post 7317573)
Eric, you may just be feeling closed loop working, I could feel it when I had heat range 9 plugs on a heavily tune Subaru in cold weather, but not otherwise on any other setup. It is possible to have the long term fuel trims near to zero but with some areas still positive and some still negative, but if you're plotting STFT over MAP vs RPM you should see anything funny. It might settle after your trims stabilise. I didn't feel it on SD on my Evo though.

OK, I went for a couple long cruising sessions today to tune my SD. This 1800-2400 RPM range issue isn't just in my head. I'm looking at my logs now in Logworks. I think there is just rapidly changing VE in this area that I'm not accounting for in my VE maps yet or something. It's weird that it's just this small RPM range at a small map range, too.

If I am at a low throttle and slowly going through this range, I get the issue. The log verifies it by a very slightly bumpy RPM line and a pretty bumpy IPW. The IPW line is a bit jagged up and down, but just through that little RPM/MAP range. Once I get past it, it's fine, or if I go through the range at higher throttle, it's seems to be fine. I've tried a bunch of combinations of RPM VE and MAP VE, but nothing seems to have worked yet.

I just started studying the logs, so maybe I will find something, but just wanted to post up, in case anyone has an idea or similar experiences. I don't think most people will be in this range, but I tend to shift and cruise so I am just above 2000 RPM, so I hit this range a lot.

EDIT: OK, I think I have narrowed it down to 65-85 kpa/1800-2400RPM. Both of those have to be true for the issue to show itself.

Here are three areas of that log to illustrate what I mean. It may be hard to see with a lot of crap here, but the bottom half of the graphs are the area to look at. I have two markers for the RPM range, which are dotted red and blue horizontal lines. The IPW is a light blue, load is red, RPM is light purple, map is blue:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...hmentid=137997
This is right after a shift, coming into the problem area. Even though I stay in the RPM range here, once the map drops below 65kpa, everything smooths out. Notice the jagged IPW in the trouble area.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...hmentid=137998
The left side shows the trouble, the right side shows normal. Notice once I get over the RPM range, everything smooths out nicely.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...hmentid=137999
This one shows a good example of a nice smooth IPW on the left side of the graph. Then, when I cruise through the trouble RPM zone at the right map, you can see the jagged IPW and even a couple areas of jagged RPM. It almost feels like very minute repeated fuel cuts.

Besides this one little nuisance, everything else drives 100% perfectly. WOT is perfect, idle is perfect, cruise is perfect outside this particular RPM/MAP zone. LTFT Lo and Mid are right around 0. As long as I can figure this out, it will be 100% done.

Eric

gear head Jul 25, 2009 08:22 PM

Is this new pc app universal for live map or is it specific to the v7t6?

It looks like you got a good start on SD. I started on getting mine running as well but still have more to do.

l2r99gst Jul 25, 2009 08:52 PM

The LiveMap app is univeral, but it needs to be setup for each ROM with all of the correct locations, etc.

gear head Jul 25, 2009 09:10 PM

Ok, thanks

jcsbanks Jul 26, 2009 02:54 AM

I did not see this and a considerable part of my commute was under these conditions.

Load looks a bit bumpy there as well as RPM which is probably effect rather than cause.

A few things I thought of:

What about logging 16 bit MAP in this area to see if there is more noise?

Could there be electrical noise in the MAP signal or even cam or crank position sensors? Do you have your MAP signal routed near sources of noise?

I don't think is near the over-run fuel cut off or closed loop thresholds which probably have hysteresis on them anyway.

I may be off base, but the outputs of the SD calculation are load and IPWload, since they work normally most of the time that is why I'm suspecting electrical noise.

Odd one though!

l2r99gst Jul 26, 2009 07:44 AM

Well, I'm using the OMNI 4-bar map sensor, which is usnig the stock MDP harness. So, there isn't any unusual routing or induced interference on my part.

I was thinking about logging a better resolution map. The map in the logs is pretty much dead flat, but the resolution isn't that great. I do agree that the load looks a little bumpy as well, but not as much as the IPW would suggest. That's what strikes me as odd. Nothing else in the log really indicates what is going on here. The only thing I could possibly think of is that the map is fluctuating there, like you suggested, but I can't see it without the 16-bit resolution.

OK, so the next obvious question in case I can't find it....what variables do I log for 16 bit map? I remember seeing a discussion on this somewhere, so I will start searching.

Thanks,
Eric

jcsbanks Jul 26, 2009 08:51 AM

16 bit MAP is the input to the axis "SD MAP sensor VE and calibration" table, so IIRC how the Mitsi ECU works (I'm afraid it is getting displaced by other junk) it will be in the header.

From a log you should be able to replicate the calculations that the SD conversion uses from the two VE tables, RPM and MAP, so you know what the non temperature compensated load will end up as. Thing is, if it works with expected load values in all other situations, I can't see why it would be wrong. Junk in = junk out hence why I wondered about interference, but using the stock wiring would suggest otherwise.

Could the timing be funny in this area? Might be worth using more or less, turning closed loop off etc to see if it goes away.

l2r99gst Jul 26, 2009 09:10 AM

Timing is the dark blue line at the top of the logs. It is in a transitional area and I was thinking about just blocking that area as a test. However, I think my loads are matched pretty well from my MAF logs, so this should be the same area that I was hitting previously.

OK, I should have enough to try now at least. Thanks for the input.

Eric

tom04841 Jul 26, 2009 06:35 PM

Eric,
Not sure what I did wrong, but while the car is on (not running) and I am watching the charting, knock goes up as i press the gas pedal, and rpm is constantly hovering @ 5000. Oh yeah, and it wont start, but I just attributed that to me not having my ve dialed in at all.

Can I email you my rom and xml and have you take a look at them. I am 99% sure they are all right.....i spent an hr changing everything and double checking. Either that, can you email your rom and xml so I can compare them since I know you are busy? My email is tom04841@juno.com

l2r99gst Jul 26, 2009 06:40 PM

Sounds like you don't have your RAM MUT table setup like mine. You have to setup your LiveMap app (the big table on the data tab) to match the variables that you want to log.

So, for example, if you want to log 1byte load, timing, knock, map, etc, etc, etc, then your RAM MUT table has to have those variables in the correct order and your data tab has to have the correct formulas in order.

Just post up a screenshot of your RAM MUT table and the first page of your LiveMap settings.

Also, for the not starting, if you are switching from a different ROM, make sure you change the periphery to allow your immobilizer to work.

Eric

tom04841 Jul 26, 2009 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by l2r99gst (Post 7323858)
Sounds like you don't have your RAM MUT table setup like mine. You have to setup your LiveMap app (the big table on the data tab) to match the variables that you want to log.

So, for example, if you want to log 1byte load, timing, knock, map, etc, etc, etc, then your RAM MUT table has to have those variables in the correct order and your data tab has to have the correct formulas in order.

Just post up a screenshot of your RAM MUT table and the first page of your LiveMap settings.

Also, for the not starting, if you are switching from a different ROM, make sure you change the periphery to allow your immobilizer to work.

Eric

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7514/rammut.png

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5186/evolive.png

There ya go. See anything fishy?

l2r99gst Jul 26, 2009 07:32 PM

That looks OK to me. Is this going into your Galant? Or do you have an Evo?

If it's an Evo, I'm not sure what is wrong...if it's in your Galant, I would have to guess the wiring harnesses and sensor pins are in different locations?