EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   Evo8 ECU in a 1G DSM in the works! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/436196-evo8-ecu-1g-dsm-works.html)

logic Jan 15, 2010 09:18 PM

Yep. This is a good place to start. :)

0xDEAD Jan 16, 2010 04:51 AM

Apparently the evo coolant temperature sensor *may* be different from a 1g. I am looking into this and will try to find the plug used and of course the sensor (unless somebody already knows the plug)

Lusion972 Jan 16, 2010 07:13 PM

I have read over all these posts and although I see where people are have cas cel issues I don't see anyone else having the issues we are. We aren't getting a cas signal at all, multiple evo ecu's have been tried with different roms and its all the same. If we put in a 2g ecu it will fire right up but no go on the evo ecu. Anyone else have this issue? What could cause it not to get a signal from the cas?

0xDEAD Jan 16, 2010 07:22 PM

Imobilizer

Lusion972 Jan 16, 2010 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by 0xDEAD (Post 7894527)
Imobilizer

Set to 0

ligo12 Jan 16, 2010 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by 0xDEAD (Post 7892925)
Apparently the evo coolant temperature sensor *may* be different from a 1g. I am looking into this and will try to find the plug used and of course the sensor (unless somebody already knows the plug)

1g sensor uses basically two spade terminals in one molex.I will have to get back to you on the resistance scale.

Lusion972 Jan 16, 2010 07:47 PM

^ I know you

turbotiger Jan 16, 2010 09:08 PM

All the mitsubishi temp sensors use the same resistance values for the last 15 years at least. I'd be surprised if they changed it between the DSM's and the Evo's.

0xDEAD Jan 17, 2010 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by turbotiger (Post 7894750)
All the mitsubishi temp sensors use the same resistance values for the last 15 years at least. I'd be surprised if they changed it between the DSM's and the Evo's.

Thats what I wanted to hear. If somebody can confirm/deny that is icing on the cake. The 1g is cheaper to connect to but if the evo one is the correct sensor I will buy it. FYI my temp readings in evoscan seem accurate.

ligo12 Jan 17, 2010 08:03 AM

I can confirm the resistance scale is the same.

gsxpuma Jan 21, 2010 09:46 AM

This is fascinating stuff. I might have to dive into this one day... When I have a reliable DD that is :lol:

AllanL Feb 1, 2010 12:37 AM

Hi!
Anybody have the definitive pin outs to use? Definitive means tried and tested to work.
Thanks.

0xDEAD Feb 1, 2010 11:35 AM

Logic had posted something up and it works.

dtrackstar Feb 2, 2010 02:27 PM

has anyone made a step by step process of how to do this conversion for dummies (that would be me) haha. My brother has a 1g and this seems like a better and less expensive route than dsmlink

0xDEAD Feb 3, 2010 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by dtrackstar (Post 7950792)
has anyone made a step by step process of how to do this conversion for dummies (that would be me) haha. My brother has a 1g and this seems like a better and less expensive route than dsmlink

I've noticed that a lot of people are trying to save money by doing this swap over DSMLink. DSMLink is a mature product that will work 100% out of the box. The ecu swap is more of a hacker/tweeker project and is not mature. You may find yourself spending just as much as DSMLink in the first place if you don't have the experience to pull it off. Nobody is getting paid to do this and nobody is going to hold your hand to help you out. DSMLink will up and work, guaranteed. If you have install problems, tom and dave will be right on it helping to get you up and running as quickly as possible. DSMLink is a bargin.

I will help anyone who wants to do a writeup. Many people like Logic have already done a lot of good documentation. Once again, nobody is getting paid and a few of us have no problems diving in and doing this because we are comfortable with the wiring involved and the code changes needed in the ecu. I will provide input on a writeup, but I can't spend the time to do one myself.

Not trying to be mean, but trying to be direct so that people understand how to best get this done.