EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   ECU Flash (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash-179/)
-   -   General non-information about factory ALS (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecu-flash/573324-general-non-information-about-factory-als.html)

donner Jan 25, 2012 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud (Post 9917559)
This is the most feasable option yet. I need somone to tell me if the 8858 vs 8859 roms share the same adc0f input. thanks!

Yes, 0F is pin 64 in both roms.

foxbat Jan 26, 2012 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud (Post 9917559)
This is the most feasable option yet. I need somone to tell me if the 8858 vs 8859 roms share the same adc0f input. thanks!

I can test map switching with the car not even running i suppose. I will order a map switching harness from buschur racing, and just add the switch! In cabin is probably the best idea considering that radioshack switch is likely not weather proof.

piping valve and canister are being worked on. I wish I could have this stuff like NOW!

I found the hardware included in the pic: piping, sas valve, sas solenoid, banjos & canister. I can send you those through the post office but that would take like 20days or though one of the express services such as UPS, FedEx, but that would be more expensive. I can also source an exhaust manifold (with the two holes) & perhaps a used solenoid-type throttle kicker.
I frankly believe that we need the support of a developer in order for this to work. It might be a good idea to contact someone like Tephra. A donation-only ALS capable roms covering most Evo generations & market versions could be feasible.
PM me regarding the hardware required.

211Ratsbud Jan 26, 2012 08:52 AM

Once i get the hardware ill see what i can accomplish. Pm'd!

JohnBradley Jan 26, 2012 11:34 AM

Havent had a chance to get back to this thread since the Auto project got to full swing. I will have to read from where we left off but it sounds like you guys could just use the launch control maps in V7 for your alt map ALS setup and disable it vs vehicle speed/tps.

aaron

211Ratsbud Jan 26, 2012 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by JohnBradley (Post 9918790)
Havent had a chance to get back to this thread since the Auto project got to full swing. I will have to read from where we left off but it sounds like you guys could just use the launch control maps in V7 for your alt map ALS setup and disable it vs vehicle speed/tps.

aaron

It would be great to be able to have it switched and adjustable internally in the ECU. Add the switching condition to the SAS section of hte XML. Do you think that this would require major rearrangements of the ECU programming?

I still kind of think that using the JOT harness with a microswitch to the throttle body or accel pedal would work, I am just unsure of reliability of that considering time to switch maps etc.

JohnBradley Jan 26, 2012 04:11 PM

OR...I could setup an identical map switch ROM with one with anti-lag and the other without and then "arm" it with the map switch.

211Ratsbud Jan 26, 2012 04:37 PM

When you say arm, are you referring to the ability of the car to switch back and forth to maps being enabled ie: one with als and one with out als . Or the ability to flip a switch and just enable the als map as long as the switch is flipped.

if it was the latter of the two:

What I was worried about was the ability of the car to be building boost in overrun, and start creeping up in load, would the timing required for this to happen interfere with light throttle steady state throttle application? I am using 88580715. I was planning to use this rom considering it had the programming to use the factory equipment, and hopefully we can use that to our advantage.

My reason for the microswitch was to enable the antilag map when off the throttle but transfer back to the normal maps when throttle input was applied so you had your low load high advance segment still able to function with antilag.

Thoughts?

JohnBradley Jan 27, 2012 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud (Post 9919519)
When you say arm, are you referring to the ability of the car to switch back and forth to maps being enabled ie: one with als and one with out als .

You either run it or you dont. No need to have it set up for rapid transition. Either leave it on and pop and bang or turn it off and drive normally. It would be a normal 2 position map switch so its really easy to turn back on.

Aaron

211Ratsbud Jan 27, 2012 10:53 AM

Is using a sas equipped rom going to be redundant for your method?

Most major ecus have overrun tables, is that something that is useless to your method? Also no low load low speed driving issues other than lots of boost response?

I have been putting a lot of thought into making this work..

What tables was EvoRS looking to have accomplished with his rom? Did you ever happen to measure the UICP pressure?

I dont want to be like 75% of mlr and just want pops and bangs lol.

JohnBradley Jan 27, 2012 03:31 PM

Yeah you dont need a ALS specific ROM to make it work. I havent talked to Andrew in a little bit and I cant remember what tables he wanted. I believe it was all timer related.

Aaron

laramie_05MR Feb 1, 2012 06:41 AM

Dubstar why do you think the factory parts will work better than your "homebrew"? Is foxbat sending you parts?

Foxbat can you source me the canister?
The solenoid looks to be just likethe one we use for EGR in the US or am I wrong?

Aaron how similar is Evors' setup to the OEM? I'm more than willing to donate for your help in getting this to work.

JohnBradley Feb 1, 2012 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by laramie_05MR (Post 9932418)
Dubstar why do you think the factory parts will work better than your "homebrew"? Is foxbat sending you parts?

Foxbat can you source me the canister?
The solenoid looks to be just likethe one we use for EGR in the US or am I wrong?

Aaron how similar is Evors' setup to the OEM? I'm more than willing to donate for your help in getting this to work.

Uses all factory hardware, so I would say identical. It doesnt need some of the factory stuff actually. I cant remember exactly what we didnt have when we got the used stuff, but Andrew made it work.

Aaron

211Ratsbud Feb 1, 2012 09:13 AM

My homemade hardware, would have a full piping diameter inlet to the manifold. IE better flow. The solenoid should be 3 port, so it is not an EGR solenoid. With a two port solenoid you can apply vac but not relase that vac to close the valve when you are ready. I think JB is simply using the fuel cut timer like discussed in a thread not too far down the list from this thread. That allows the injectors to not shut off.

I myself still fail to see that once the boost on overrun starts building pressure, how does the MAF not make the load cells increase into normal driving cells. Unless you were on SD, which may only show a very slight increase, I guess depending on how your IAC was setup. Like JB explained he was getting his boost actuated cutout to open @ 7psi or so..

Maybe I am overestimating the amount of timing in the negatives needed for this to function to a good degree. JB has done it, I do not know how much time he spent perfecting the drivability of it, so I have to assume that there will still need to be quirks worked out. We will figure that!

I made my own vacuum canister. its really easy.. A pvc tube with caps on each end, tapped for two barbed fittings. one line feeds solenoid, one line comes from the manifold to get vacuum. this is the line that has a check valve to store vacuum.

laramie_05MR Feb 1, 2012 10:00 AM

I have a canister I've modified from a Benz but factory would be nice. I know there had to be a bleed somewhere in the system else the valve wouldn't close till the canister emptied.

As far as the maf seeing the increase in load and switching maps maybe with the coding if tps<x% it will stay in als map till tps>x%

211Ratsbud Feb 1, 2012 10:00 AM

http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/v...6-44_906-1.jpg