EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Buschur's dyno testing......never ends. (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/386799-buschurs-dyno-testing-never-ends.html)

Johnboy1065 Jan 1, 2009 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by stockEvoIX (Post 6524144)
Have a question about the DEI turbo blanket and forgive me as I'm a newbie to this stuff. I know it'll drop temps but does that make hp/tq? I assume it would help with reliability but not sure about power.

from my understanding anytime you lower engine bay temps, then you'll make more power.

but how much more power, I don't know...

David Buschur Jan 1, 2009 04:33 PM

In theory and I suppose somewhere someone has test results to go along with it, the more heat you can keep in the header/turbine housing the faster the turbo will spool up. That would of course make for a fatter curve on the dyno. In the case of the blanket, I looked at logs before and after and I can't see anything in the logs. Now, any time you can drop underhood temps the car is going to produce more power if that's where the incoming air is being drawn from.

Ace, you're welcome. Thanks for taking the time to recognize what we do.

CBRD Jan 1, 2009 05:20 PM

nice dave,

i saw the blankets at PRI..

im going to use one on the TA along with swaintech coatings (which we use on everything high performance)

cb

stockEvoIX Jan 9, 2009 12:38 AM

Makes sense, thanks for the explanation Dave!

4kinboost Jan 9, 2009 09:33 AM

Thanks for sharing your test results with us Dave, as usuall- bringing the facts to the table!!!{thumbup}

Looks like there will be more 5-bolt housings up for sale this season!! :lol:

8.80's for the street rs next??

LoKiEvo Jan 14, 2009 12:26 PM

Hey Dave, I was wondering how that 12 tooth trigger disk worked out? How much better did it start? Maybe we can get a video on it. Anyways I was wondering how much you are selling them for and if you have them in stock. Also will be assisting with the AEM setup?

m3typer Jan 14, 2009 02:34 PM

bump

David Buschur Jan 14, 2009 04:06 PM

Yes, I'm guessing there will be more 5 bolt housings up for sale this year, haha. This particular housing is really sweet, it's just expensive.

The 12 tooth wheel worked out really good. It's on my car now. If you buy one the instructions come with it to set up the AEM. You can thank Brad Brooks for that, as far as I know he wrote them. I believe the wheel is $110, I'm not at the shop and can't remember off the top of my head.

The car does fire instantly with the wheel.

8thWonder Jan 15, 2009 08:16 AM

Thanks for that info on the 12 tooth wheel, David. Looks like I'll have this added when my car makes the trip to you guys again this year!

Johnboy1065 Jan 15, 2009 09:03 AM

Fu*kin 5-bolt housings, I hated that little bastard when it was on my car:lol: Finally got RID of that sucker lol

with my old turbo kit I couldnt even switch from .63 a/r to .82 a/r lol

I'm now using the same housing that was tested in this thread{thumbup} thanks for doing all the testing!

UnReaLSRT4 Jan 24, 2009 09:15 AM

yupp.. it never ends, just keep going and going LOL

David Buschur Jan 24, 2009 10:41 AM

Thank goodness it never ends. I'd hate to have to wait on other shops to do testing to find out what works and doesn't. haha

UnReaLSRT4 Jan 24, 2009 11:29 AM

That is some really nice number!!!

LoKiEvo Jan 26, 2009 06:06 AM

Dave, another question about the 12-tooth disc... what are you guys using as far as balance shaft goes... it says it cannot support the balance shafts. Do you guys use a stub shaft or do you think it would work with the AMS eliminator kit (i know they arent your favorite)?

David Buschur Jan 26, 2009 08:54 AM

We use our balance shaft eliminator kit in all of our engines. We do not have any problems with them. I have cars with 100,000 miles on them running the kits in them. I am not familar with the AMS kit, I don't have an answer for that.