EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Dyno Tuning / Results (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results-299/)
-   -   Virtual Dyno is available! (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-dyno-tuning-results/500393-virtual-dyno-available.html)

mtxfrk2k1 Aug 23, 2010 11:05 AM

this thing is pretty damn accurate.. will post results in a bit.

bbarnhill Aug 23, 2010 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by mtxfrk2k1 (Post 8607374)
this thing is pretty damn accurate.. will post results in a bit.

Damn straight {thumbup}

Thats the goal of this. If it doesnt match your local dyno you can adjust the Correction Factor to fit your local dyno. For comparison purposes Im sure the majority of people will post with the default dynojet setting.

4doorstreetbike Aug 23, 2010 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by bbarnhill (Post 8607772)
Damn straight {thumbup}

Thats the goal of this. If it doesnt match your local dyno you can adjust the Correction Factor to fit your local dyno. For comparison purposes Im sure the majority of people will post with the default dynojet setting.

I just put a old log in that when I had a bit of a ISSUE with my car knocking and I set the v.d dyno at 1.0 smoothing normal weight of the car and the passenger set at 200lb and I got 528 whp and 395 tq with 8 counts of knock,.DiD I set the dyno configuration right??

Boosted Tuning Aug 23, 2010 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by 4doorstreetbike (Post 8607833)
I just put a old log in that when I had a bit of a ISSUE with my car knocking and I set the v.d dyno at 1.0 smoothing normal weight of the car and the passenger set at 200lb and I got 528 whp and 395 tq with 8 counts of knock,.DiD I set the dyno configuration right??

Well does your car make 528 or around that?

Also, you need to use the smoothing to get rid of the bumps/spikes that may lead to incorrect numbers. Keep raising smoothing, 1 step at a time, till you make the bumps and dips minimal.

Mellon Racing Aug 26, 2010 08:51 AM

1.6 is looking good Brad, I'm having trouble finding anything to whine about :D I ran will's evo 10 MR Auto log back through and it's looking worlds better compared to 1.5, the new smoothing did the trick. {thumbup}

bbarnhill Aug 26, 2010 10:03 AM

Mellon:

Hahaha ... Im sure you can find something to whine about :)

Ive made a few minor changes since beta 10 that I sent you. Just spelling corrections and releasenote changes, and I also have all the HP/TQ data points showing only whole numbers now. I also have the AFR/Boost only showing tenths of a point now. So you dont have to deal with a LOOOOONG decimal when viewing data points.

If you think that will change the numbers any Ill send you a copy to test before release. Im really nervous about that change for some reason. Maybe I should let you test it. Im erroring on the side of caution and trying not to break everyones confidence in this software. After that Im releasing 1.0.6, that was just something that has been bothering me for a while. I dont think anyone cares if they are making 325.0364972 HP ...

Let me know if you want to test it. Its at the same beta site.

Gary@MellonRacing Aug 26, 2010 10:15 AM

Brad man you are doing an exellent job Buddy !!!!!!!!!! {thumbup}

bbarnhill Aug 26, 2010 10:23 AM

Thanks Gary. Hope it helps yalls efforts out. Let me know if you all need something added to the program. Also if you all wouldnt mind testing out the newest beta thats what I think Im going to release that would be great.

Let me know what you all think.

Mellon Racing Aug 26, 2010 02:31 PM

well shoot, I was going to ask for extra digits for my horsepowers! 712.321835729572 sounds way cooler.

yeah, you can get rid of that mess :lol:

bbarnhill Aug 26, 2010 05:50 PM

Haha ill make a "mellon" version with ficticious long numbers in the legend and pictures of naked chicks popping up instead of values.

Mellon Racing Aug 27, 2010 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by bbarnhill (Post 8618840)
Haha ill make a "mellon" version with ficticious long numbers in the legend and pictures of naked chicks popping up instead of values.

so baller:lol:

Mellon Racing Aug 29, 2010 08:56 AM

1.6 is up! link in first post of this thread Don't forget to donate to Brad, there's a button in the app for this:

Release Notes
=============
- Fixed a bug that wouldnt save/load custom column names correctly
- Fixed a bug if bottom graph lacked any curves then it would not scale the X axis
- Fixed a bug that would not save and load the selected dyno information correctly
- Fixed a bug that threw an error if you selected all your cars then selected a cars gear
- Added an error message when log contains less data than number of column headers
- Added Evo 5 GSR (5 speed)
- Added Evo 6 GSR (5 speed)
- Added Evo 6.5 TME (5 speed)
- Added Evo 7 GSR (5 speed)
- Added Evo 7 GTA (auto)
- Added Subaru WRX Sedans and Wagons 02-10 (5 speed)
- Added Subaru STi 04-10 (6 speed)
- Added Eclipse GST/GSX 90-99 (5 speed)
- Added RalliaTacrt 09-10 (6 speed)
- Added 3000GT VR4 90-99
- Added AEMWideBandAF to the default AFR columns for EvoScan
- Empty rows in the data logs are now not imported when the files are loaded
- File resolution adjustment to better smooth out some of the graphs
- Smoothing optional on lower graph
- Smoothing levels limited to 1 through 20 due to the resolution change
- Gears 3 and 4 are now exclusively what each car has selectable from the drop down list
- Rom Raider log support
- Tactrix log support
- Swapped the Horsepower and Torque labels on the graph
- JPG set as the default image format to save graphs in
- Excess decimals are removed from datapoints

bbarnhill Aug 29, 2010 09:44 AM

And the work on 1.0.7 has begun ... one bug down ... its amazing how quick people find new bugs. :) Its ok its not a major one. I think its a never ending job and battle.

project_skyline Aug 29, 2010 11:00 AM

Your welcome for all the suby stuff ;)

This helps me out a **** ton. I added legacys on my own and now I'm good for just about every car I need to tune haha.

I'll send some donations your way here soon.

bbarnhill Aug 29, 2010 01:05 PM

I hope it helps everyone out this much (Enough to donate to the build Brads X fund). I have an idea about what is causing spikes in some graphs and I THINK it may be related to how its logged. I cant prove it yet but Im going to talk to Hamish and run it by him.