EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Bad Gas = Blown Piston (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/133226-bad-gas-blown-piston.html)

MaxR Apr 12, 2005 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Good idea to go back and get the gas station attendant to put it in writing that he made a mistake BEFORE he changes his story. At least so far he is being honest.

He better bring a Notary Public with him cuz it won't mean jack sh!t if its not notarized.

djmikeymike Apr 12, 2005 08:34 PM

get your ECU flashed back to stock.......they can't tell if the ECU was ever flashed

mike69 Apr 12, 2005 08:36 PM

They can on '05s, I believe (I know he doesn't have an '05).

Evo11V Apr 12, 2005 08:38 PM

The car is being taken to Pruven Performance as we speak, They determine the problem and advise me from there.

not going to the dealer they are a bunch of idiots in my eyes, will tell me its the tires not in balance lol.

Hopefully the gas station comes though, it looks pretty good as of now but i dont want to jump the gun on it just yet.

Cash Money Apr 12, 2005 08:41 PM

sorry to hear man... hope it all works out for you... but, hey... nows a good time to build up the bottom end better and fresher!!!

Evo11V Apr 12, 2005 08:42 PM

Plus if i took it back to the dealer i would have to pull the cams, head studs and probably my boost controler and intake just so they dont flip. On top of that have to get everything installled again its just not worth it.

djmikeymike Apr 12, 2005 08:42 PM

Pruven & Al {thumbup}

kataklyzm Apr 14, 2005 11:52 AM

i would think that they should pay. bring a recorder and have them admit it again. get it on tape and theres nothing they can do. wasnt there a guy who's gas station put diesel in his tank? what happened to him?

4-BNGR Apr 14, 2005 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by MaxR
He better bring a Notary Public with him cuz it won't mean jack sh!t if its not notarized.

Negative. All he'll need is an "exemplar" signature or handwriting expert to verify the signature. All a "notary public" does is attest that the person signing a document is the very same person appearing before the notary public.

Evo11V Apr 14, 2005 12:21 PM

Well Tripple A'd my car to Pruven on Tuesday night, they took a quick look at it and it is definately running on 3 cylendars right now.

Talked to them this morning and the are pulling the engine apart, and hopefully hear back from them soon.

I'll keep everyone updated.

BRKENG Apr 14, 2005 12:29 PM

2.3L Stroker kit! 2.3L Stroker kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :thumbup:

EVO8LTW Apr 14, 2005 12:41 PM

Not sure why all the talk about safe air-fuel ratio. The issue with octane has more to do with timing advance and the way the ECU reacts to knock events. I'm not familiar with the Mitsu ECU, but on my factory GM ECU you can adjust how much knock the ECU has to see to pull timing, how much timing is pulled once it starts pulling timing in response to knock, how fast it pulls it, how fast timing recovers after a knock event, etc. I'm not saying that the poster had an unsafe tune, but I'm just pointing out that air-fuel is not the be all and end all.

Evo11V Apr 14, 2005 12:57 PM

the stock ECU will pull timing after the problem happens, and in my case it might have been to late. Tuning was fine it was just 87 loves detination.

If you have any info on engine builds please post here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...98#post1864698

Wrench Apr 15, 2005 12:24 PM

The station may have an errors and omissions policy which may cover your repair.

However, the insurance company or judge may kick it back because you only paid for 87, not a higher grade.

good luck.

Evo11V Apr 22, 2005 07:56 PM

no sorry HemiBaby, I would not lye or conjure up a story for my actions. If it were something I did wrong I would have taken the blame. It is hard to trust people on here but if you knew me as a person you would definatly know that I'm not one who will lye or make up a story to cover a mistake I've made.

I'm simply telling you exactly what happened, and on the other side what professionals have told me caused the problem.

Besides that, I'm still working on the situation, trying to decide what I'm going to do. Think what you want, believe what you want, because what I have said is the truth. I'm sick of people getting on these forums making attacks at people. Most members are nice but others are always looking to blame someone else or start something, I dont understand the problem.

Dont take this the wrong way, I'm just not one of those people who will not take credit for a mistake they've made, or try lying so they dont look bad.