EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Best sounding exhaust?¿ (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/148609-best-sounding-exhaust.html)

cleanevo Jul 17, 2005 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Spec'd
I never hear much mention about the Greddy SP2, I always
wondered how those sound.

https://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/...118AaOGbJu2bththis is the way it should look

MyEvo8 Jul 17, 2005 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by fareastkorean
greddy ti all the way! not to loud when at idle, but when you WOT you will hear it really good 8- ) It's very light, weights about 9.5 lbs when I put it on a flatbed scale. Only thing you might want to get is an exhaust heatshield if you get the greddy ti, but other than that its nice and I love it 8- )

i agree, i luv my greddy ti..it has a deep groan

David Buschur Jul 17, 2005 04:58 PM

Our exhaust can range from extremely loud to just mean and nasty at WOT and quiet the rest of the time.

I believe we are the only company offering a system to meet all needs at one price. We are also the lightest weight SS system on the market and I will put ours up against anyone's for power. There has already been an exhaust shootout and out of all the catbacks tested the only higher HP producing system was the Magnaflow Titanium at triple the cost and it beat us in HP by I think .8 hp and we beat them in torque by 1.3 ft lbs.

Our complete turbo back can be bought, including shipping and installation instructions and hardware for $825.

The system can be built anyway you like it. Meaning your choice of an offroad pipe or highflow cat and your choice of our lightweight loud racing muffler or the polished Magnaflow muffler. Uses a 4" rolled tip.

Thanks for listening.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

DynoFlash Jul 17, 2005 05:09 PM

Personally - I love the sound of the Buschur Racing version muffler without the cat. I am using that one - stock off the shelf in the 3" variety and I made 744 whp yesterday on the dyno with it. Back when I was making 650 whp a few weeks ago we tested dropping the cat back section off on the dyno to see how much power we would pick up without the Buschur Exhuast - amazingly ZERO.

On cars which are daily driven by responsible adults you can not beat the MAGAFLOW muffler option on the Buschur Exhaust - combined with the high flow cat it is almost as quiet as stock on a highway crusing speed and sounds a lot better.

Gold City EVO Jul 17, 2005 05:18 PM

I have the Helix w/cat delete and Invidia dp. At wot the sound is freakin amazing,not to mention the seat-of-the-pants feel.A full exaust totally wakes up the EVO.

hank Jul 17, 2005 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Our exhaust can range from extremely loud to just mean and nasty at WOT and quiet the rest of the time.

I believe we are the only company offering a system to meet all needs at one price. We are also the lightest weight SS system on the market and I will put ours up against anyone's for power. There has already been an exhaust shootout and out of all the catbacks tested the only higher HP producing system was the Magnaflow Titanium at triple the cost and it beat us in HP by I think .8 hp and we beat them in torque by 1.3 ft lbs.

Our complete turbo back can be bought, including shipping and installation instructions and hardware for $825.

The system can be built anyway you like it. Meaning your choice of an offroad pipe or highflow cat and your choice of our lightweight loud racing muffler or the polished Magnaflow muffler. Uses a 4" rolled tip.

Thanks for listening.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Would you guys ever do a custom quiet version with a resonator or 2 and plain 3 inch tip?

en1gma19 Jul 17, 2005 05:42 PM

I think the B&B sounds really good actually.

EJEvo Jul 17, 2005 07:15 PM

Borla cat-back. Excellent sound - gentle but deep rumble at start up, and doesn't roar until you step hard on the throttle. In other words, it's subtle when you want it to be subtle, and loud when you expect it to be. Not sure how it would sound with non-stock DP. Top notch quality construction, excellent fit, and guaranteed for a million miles. Did well in TPR Magazine's testing, too. I picked it up for less than $500 on NOPI last fall.

Creamo3 Jul 17, 2005 07:18 PM

APS {thumbup}

2006evo Jul 17, 2005 07:20 PM

thanks for all the sound clips...very helpful....was wondering if anyone had heard of or had the Logic Performance cat-back.....sound clip here...http://www.logicperformance.com/data...giccatback.avi

i think this one sounds great with jus a the cat-back......

i'd like to do a cat-delete and a downpipe later on but this exhaust sounds sweet i think....

anhjohn1 Jul 17, 2005 07:22 PM

Invidia dp 3", gt200 Ti 3", Test pipe 3"
It's looks agressive with the titanium tip, but not loud enough that you get the cops on you!

David Buschur Jul 18, 2005 05:59 AM

I can do a plain 3" tip if you want, that is smaller than the stock part though. Stock tip is 4". Doing a resonator is out of the question. If you want it quiet just use the Magnaflow muffler and run a high flow cat, it is the same price as the "race" system and is VERY quiet.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

hank Jul 18, 2005 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I can do a plain 3" tip if you want, that is smaller than the stock part though. Stock tip is 4". Doing a resonator is out of the question. If you want it quiet just use the Magnaflow muffler and run a high flow cat, it is the same price as the "race" system and is VERY quiet.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Thanks DB thats exactly what I want.

RAWMR Jul 18, 2005 08:44 AM

JIC Magic Bullet. Not too loud at idle no droning on the freeway. Great sound when you get on it. My $.02.
RAW

gixxer9 Jul 18, 2005 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
On cars which are daily driven by responsible adults you can not beat the MAGAFLOW muffler option on the Buschur Exhaust - combined with the high flow cat it is almost as quiet as stock on a highway crusing speed and sounds a lot better.

I am running Buschur TBE with the Magnaflow muffler, and could not be happier with the power and sound. I did not want a crazy loud muffler that would put me in the same group as the Honda boys, but rather a muffler that had a deep, mellow, and aggressive tone. The Magnaflow option accomplished my desire.