EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Best sounding exhaust?¿ (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/148609-best-sounding-exhaust.html)

2006evo Jul 14, 2005 01:32 PM

Best sounding exhaust?¿

eh im lookin at RS*R or a Helix exhaust and DP i figured HKS and Greddy are really good but think maybe u might pay for the name a tad....i dont want like a horribly loud exhaust i jus want it to sound nice and at least a lil noticable...jus wondering if any of you had these exhausts and what ya thought of them and how they fit and sound......thanks in advance

RallySport Direct Jul 14, 2005 02:28 PM

I personally like the Turboxs exhaust here is a sound clip. They fit and look great

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/shop...devotxstbe.WMV

Ben

fareastkorean Jul 14, 2005 02:30 PM

greddy ti all the way! not to loud when at idle, but when you WOT you will hear it really good 8- ) It's very light, weights about 9.5 lbs when I put it on a flatbed scale. Only thing you might want to get is an exhaust heatshield if you get the greddy ti, but other than that its nice and I love it 8- )

gkania Jul 14, 2005 02:31 PM

Greddy Titanium is very loud with dp/decat.

fsugatorbait Jul 14, 2005 02:36 PM

Im a fan of the turboXS as well. Helix is LOUD with a cat delete.

Warrtalon Jul 14, 2005 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by 2006evo
eh im lookin at RS*R or a Helix exhaust and DP i figured HKS and Greddy are really good but think maybe u might pay for the name a tad....i dont want like a horribly loud exhaust i jus want it to sound nice and at least a lil noticable...jus wondering if any of you had these exhausts and what ya thought of them and how they fit and sound......thanks in advance

Here's the exhaust that only costs $599 for TBE at Logic Performance:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...SF-3in-tip.jpg
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...in-muffler.jpg

And the sound:

ftp://ftp.geno.org/TSF_Cat-back_05_MR.wma

evoviiiny Jul 14, 2005 03:00 PM

If you dont want a loud exhaust, stay away from RS*R. It does come with a silencer which helps a bit. But if it is catless expect loud droning noise during highway drives.

johnny Jul 14, 2005 03:03 PM

Turbo xs has my vote

Derekj03 Jul 14, 2005 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by RallySport Direct
I personally like the Turboxs exhaust here is a sound clip. They fit and look great

Ben

Must only like it because you sell it... That sounded horrible... Good price... but i did not like the sound AT all. I have buschur tb on my car with a cat delete and the magnaflow muffler and it sounds awesome. BR exhaust also has the rolled tip which looks alot better. It is not to loud during normal driving but at wot it sounds amazing, very loud also.

RallySport Direct Jul 14, 2005 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Derekj03
Must only like it because you sell it... That sounded horrible... Good price... but i did not like the sound AT all. I have buschur tb on my car with a cat delete and the magnaflow muffler and it sounds awesome. BR exhaust also has the rolled tip which looks alot better. It is not to loud during normal driving but at wot it sounds amazing, very loud also.

No actually I am running this on my personal vehicle. :D

I switched from the helix to the TurboXS. {thumbup}

Ben

Warrtalon Jul 14, 2005 03:12 PM

No actually I am running this on my personal vehicle. :D

I switched from the helix to the TurboXS. {thumbup}

Ben

Sounds just like the one I mentioned. Does it cost $599 for a TBE, also?

Spec'd Jul 14, 2005 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Here's the exhaust that only costs $599 for TBE at Logic Performance:

And the sound:

ftp://ftp.geno.org/TSF_Cat-back_05_MR.wma

The sound clip didn't work for me. :updown:

Spec'd Jul 14, 2005 03:18 PM

Ben

Sorry , but that sounds like an old VW bug. {pick}

Autogasm Jul 14, 2005 03:23 PM

Love my turbo xs tbe, sounds great and is a perfect fit.

Chris@nolimitmotors Jul 14, 2005 03:28 PM

<-- had greddy evo2 the first time and i think thayt exhaust sounds the best. i wanted louder so i got greddy titanium. I love the sound of the titanium exhaust. its loud but i love it.

RallySport Direct Jul 14, 2005 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Spec'd
Sorry , but that sounds like an old VW bug. {pick}

I wish old bugs sounded like that :)

The TurboXS turboback lists at 898 but we do sell them for about 763 or so.

Ben

Soon2BEVO Jul 14, 2005 03:37 PM

I love the way my Helix sounds - loud as almightly hell and sounds badass!

fareastkorean Jul 14, 2005 03:39 PM

I have a friend who has the turbo xs on his 05 evo and it sounds to raspy, but it does have some power pick up. The hks/greddy is what I would go with, if you want nice deep sound (if your going to run a hiflow cat and dp), but if not, itll be much louder when you get on it. The buschur tbe is nice as well, I loved it and had it until I got rear ended and ended up getting a brand new greddy ti (with helix cd and dp).

Spec'd Jul 14, 2005 03:50 PM

I never hear much mention about the Greddy SP2, I always
wondered how those sound.

evotino Jul 14, 2005 04:01 PM

I have the TurboXS and I am happy. I doubt you will find a better 100% stainless exhaust at a better price. Plus, the muffler is more low key than most and the sound is pretty good.

johnny Jul 14, 2005 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Derekj03

if you read the question it asked for "best sounding exhaust" not for best smartass opinion. everybody has there favorite exhaust and there will be different answers so its gonna be a matter of what you want. so in other words if you dont have nothing good to say and all your gonna do is put other people down then why post?

Jakeg97 Jul 14, 2005 07:54 PM

http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/modu...view_album.php

05-EVO-GSR Jul 14, 2005 08:41 PM

AVO or Greddy SP2.

G20 Jul 14, 2005 09:04 PM

AVO TB with cat-deleted and upgraded GT35r sounds awsome. That's what I have. With the stock turbo and UR hi-flow cat, it was too quiet even at WOT. But now, I love to roll down all my windows just to listen to it when WOT.

EvoGuy04 Jul 14, 2005 09:25 PM

I have the Hks hi-power and it has a good deep tone, and the fit was very nice {thumbup} Everything went together smooth.

nnorris7413 Jul 14, 2005 09:37 PM

The AMS exhaust sounds amazing! At WOT it has a loud, low grumble to it, but yet has little to no drone on the highway. i HIGHLY recommend it.

LpBevoEvo Jul 14, 2005 09:43 PM

I always liked the RMR. VERY deep with an awesome roar at wot. I used to open her up in first in my parking garage all the time to hear that thing.

Cutout @ 7k > all exhausts :D
It sounds rediculous with my cutout open. I gave mitsuorder a flyby @ 6-7k. He said it sound AWESOME.

Matz Jul 15, 2005 06:13 AM

I have a complete WORKS turbo back exhaust, except for the stock cat, and it's extremely quiet compared to the other exhausts I've heard on the Evo.

darksider Jul 17, 2005 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by EvoGuy04
I have the Hks hi-power and it has a good deep tone, and the fit was very nice {thumbup} Everything went together smooth.

Very good choice, perfect sound not blareing loud, with very noticeable power. :)

MR. SNOW Jul 17, 2005 03:29 PM

Magnaflow Ti Sounds Nice!

http://www.pinds.com/photo-album/ima...1/one-bump.jpg

cleanevo Jul 17, 2005 04:51 PM

I never hear much mention about the Greddy SP2, I always
wondered how those sound.

https://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/...118AaOGbJu2bththis is the way it should look

MyEvo8 Jul 17, 2005 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by fareastkorean
greddy ti all the way! not to loud when at idle, but when you WOT you will hear it really good 8- ) It's very light, weights about 9.5 lbs when I put it on a flatbed scale. Only thing you might want to get is an exhaust heatshield if you get the greddy ti, but other than that its nice and I love it 8- )

i agree, i luv my greddy ti..it has a deep groan

David Buschur Jul 17, 2005 04:58 PM

Our exhaust can range from extremely loud to just mean and nasty at WOT and quiet the rest of the time.

I believe we are the only company offering a system to meet all needs at one price. We are also the lightest weight SS system on the market and I will put ours up against anyone's for power. There has already been an exhaust shootout and out of all the catbacks tested the only higher HP producing system was the Magnaflow Titanium at triple the cost and it beat us in HP by I think .8 hp and we beat them in torque by 1.3 ft lbs.

Our complete turbo back can be bought, including shipping and installation instructions and hardware for $825.

The system can be built anyway you like it. Meaning your choice of an offroad pipe or highflow cat and your choice of our lightweight loud racing muffler or the polished Magnaflow muffler. Uses a 4" rolled tip.

Thanks for listening.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

DynoFlash Jul 17, 2005 05:09 PM

Personally - I love the sound of the Buschur Racing version muffler without the cat. I am using that one - stock off the shelf in the 3" variety and I made 744 whp yesterday on the dyno with it. Back when I was making 650 whp a few weeks ago we tested dropping the cat back section off on the dyno to see how much power we would pick up without the Buschur Exhuast - amazingly ZERO.

On cars which are daily driven by responsible adults you can not beat the MAGAFLOW muffler option on the Buschur Exhaust - combined with the high flow cat it is almost as quiet as stock on a highway crusing speed and sounds a lot better.

Gold City EVO Jul 17, 2005 05:18 PM

I have the Helix w/cat delete and Invidia dp. At wot the sound is freakin amazing,not to mention the seat-of-the-pants feel.A full exaust totally wakes up the EVO.

hank Jul 17, 2005 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Our exhaust can range from extremely loud to just mean and nasty at WOT and quiet the rest of the time.

I believe we are the only company offering a system to meet all needs at one price. We are also the lightest weight SS system on the market and I will put ours up against anyone's for power. There has already been an exhaust shootout and out of all the catbacks tested the only higher HP producing system was the Magnaflow Titanium at triple the cost and it beat us in HP by I think .8 hp and we beat them in torque by 1.3 ft lbs.

Our complete turbo back can be bought, including shipping and installation instructions and hardware for $825.

The system can be built anyway you like it. Meaning your choice of an offroad pipe or highflow cat and your choice of our lightweight loud racing muffler or the polished Magnaflow muffler. Uses a 4" rolled tip.

Thanks for listening.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Would you guys ever do a custom quiet version with a resonator or 2 and plain 3 inch tip?

en1gma19 Jul 17, 2005 05:42 PM

I think the B&B sounds really good actually.

EJEvo Jul 17, 2005 07:15 PM

Borla cat-back. Excellent sound - gentle but deep rumble at start up, and doesn't roar until you step hard on the throttle. In other words, it's subtle when you want it to be subtle, and loud when you expect it to be. Not sure how it would sound with non-stock DP. Top notch quality construction, excellent fit, and guaranteed for a million miles. Did well in TPR Magazine's testing, too. I picked it up for less than $500 on NOPI last fall.

Creamo3 Jul 17, 2005 07:18 PM

APS {thumbup}

2006evo Jul 17, 2005 07:20 PM

thanks for all the sound clips...very helpful....was wondering if anyone had heard of or had the Logic Performance cat-back.....sound clip here...http://www.logicperformance.com/data...giccatback.avi

i think this one sounds great with jus a the cat-back......

i'd like to do a cat-delete and a downpipe later on but this exhaust sounds sweet i think....

anhjohn1 Jul 17, 2005 07:22 PM

Invidia dp 3", gt200 Ti 3", Test pipe 3"
It's looks agressive with the titanium tip, but not loud enough that you get the cops on you!

David Buschur Jul 18, 2005 05:59 AM

I can do a plain 3" tip if you want, that is smaller than the stock part though. Stock tip is 4". Doing a resonator is out of the question. If you want it quiet just use the Magnaflow muffler and run a high flow cat, it is the same price as the "race" system and is VERY quiet.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

hank Jul 18, 2005 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I can do a plain 3" tip if you want, that is smaller than the stock part though. Stock tip is 4". Doing a resonator is out of the question. If you want it quiet just use the Magnaflow muffler and run a high flow cat, it is the same price as the "race" system and is VERY quiet.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

Thanks DB thats exactly what I want.

RAWMR Jul 18, 2005 08:44 AM

JIC Magic Bullet. Not too loud at idle no droning on the freeway. Great sound when you get on it. My $.02.
RAW

gixxer9 Jul 18, 2005 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by DynoFlash
On cars which are daily driven by responsible adults you can not beat the MAGAFLOW muffler option on the Buschur Exhaust - combined with the high flow cat it is almost as quiet as stock on a highway crusing speed and sounds a lot better.

I am running Buschur TBE with the Magnaflow muffler, and could not be happier with the power and sound. I did not want a crazy loud muffler that would put me in the same group as the Honda boys, but rather a muffler that had a deep, mellow, and aggressive tone. The Magnaflow option accomplished my desire.

kimletrim Jul 18, 2005 09:45 AM

My vote, AVO.

EVIL_EVO_VIII Jul 18, 2005 12:11 PM

I have the Helix, nice exhaust and it sounds mean as hell {thumbup}

TurboWill Jul 18, 2005 12:14 PM

Turbo XS {thumbup}

Widebandphillip Jul 18, 2005 12:15 PM

hks carbon-ti gets my vote.

RnR Racing Jul 18, 2005 12:16 PM

I really like the sound of our RnRCarbon/TI turbo back. Not overly loud, but sound and performance is outstanding.

ibanez_926 Jul 18, 2005 12:49 PM

buschur with magnaflow
{thumbup}

evo_lee Jul 19, 2005 02:03 AM

Have HKS Carbon Ti, sounds wonderful, direct fitment wit no tail pipe touching bumper nor making bumper hot. $800 #1 Choice. Unless you wanna drop the price a bit and go HKS Hi-Power, looks and sounds exactly like Carbon Ti, maybe sounds even better, except no carbon fiber wrap muffler and titanium tip. But hey still the same exhaust with same power, just a little more chrome on muffler, which isn't bad at all. $600 bucks. Make a choice. Remember, out of all brands HKS delivers the best QUALITY, DIRECT FITMENT, AND POWER. NO BS.

plokivos Jul 19, 2005 02:12 AM

mine sounds the best.

the end.

xLaNcErEvOx Jul 19, 2005 02:16 AM

APS 3" High Output Turboback(catdelete)... barely loud than stock at idle and when not under much but then when boost is high BAM! sounds nice as ever. Even my friends with turbobacked STi's and WRX say they like it better than theirs. Will make a sound clip/video clip if wanted...?

cass1115 Jul 19, 2005 02:59 AM

anyone have a sound clip of the buschur with magnaflow or no where i can hear it?

David Buschur Jul 19, 2005 05:06 AM

EVO Lee,

The statement you made is false, flat out, sorry. I am an HKS dealer and they do build great parts, don't get me wrong. HKS does not use 100% stainless steel in their systems though and they will rust out, ours will not. The fitment on our systems are also perfect and a direct easy bolt in process. As far as power, not even close to some of the other systems. You can neck a system down and add resonators to it and expect to get the most HP from it.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com

plokivos Jul 19, 2005 05:13 AM

mine is the best, i'm telling you. I'll have the soundclip soon at *********************

matter of fact, we have a lot of people with very different exhausts here in GA, so we'll do a exhaust sound site soon.

But mine sounds great. Not too loud, not to quiet, smooth, not raspy, and it made some sic power.

JeffR116 Jul 19, 2005 09:01 AM

Buschur no contest.

anjapower Jul 19, 2005 08:43 PM

Helix..maintains composure at partial throttle and sounds like a ****ing beast at WOT:

BACK THE **** UP!! :lol:

xiaoni420 Jul 19, 2005 08:53 PM

HKS carbon-ti i have...despite the resonator and slight neck down, it sounds awesome!! to answer your question.

j8 Jul 19, 2005 08:57 PM

HKS carbon TI get my vote also. Quiet when crusing around, sounds awsome when you get on it.

go_evo_go Jul 19, 2005 09:20 PM

vishnu signature series

EVO_EDGE Jul 19, 2005 09:44 PM

exhaust

which will be the quietest but produce good power? and does anyone have a sound clip for the Greddy SP2

yokomo Jul 19, 2005 10:02 PM

I have the RSR*GT2. and I like it. Just took out the cat, and it sounds much better. Plus I have downpipe, header, and O2 housing. Just love the sound now.

Soon2BEVO Jul 20, 2005 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by anjapower
Helix..maintains composure at partial throttle and sounds like a ****ing beast at WOT:

That's what I'm talkin about!!!

BBYBruno Jul 20, 2005 12:13 AM

I vote for invidia N1, one of the best sounding and power producing out there. Buschurs ok if you like tractor-backs.

grcygetr Jul 20, 2005 12:27 AM

With the clips I've heard hear in the thread, I'll be buying the Logic system

Spec'd Jul 20, 2005 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by cleanevo

Looks excellent, how about the sound ?

PapitoEVO8 Aug 26, 2005 10:21 PM

thanks for all the sound clips...very helpful....was wondering if anyone had heard of or had the Logic Performance cat-back.....sound clip here...http://www.logicperformance.com/data...giccatback.avi

i'd like to do a cat-delete and a downpipe later on but this exhaust sounds sweet i think....

I know, I just bought it. Its too loud for me. But I guess they won't take it back for loudness, so I might list for sale sometime this week

Turbolover Aug 26, 2005 10:28 PM

MY AZZ! :lol:

No really, JIC is my choice {thumbup}

jdmitr Aug 26, 2005 10:40 PM

i'd go with the hks carbon ti, ive been through 3 different exhausts and the carbon ti is my favorite.

eddie Aug 26, 2005 10:56 PM

That's the best one I've heard so far. Sounds like an old Alfa (which is a good thing), not your typical droning JDM exhaust.

BoostinBlueEvo8 Aug 26, 2005 11:00 PM

i have a AMS downpipe and cat-delete, with JIC titanium cat-back. i think the car sounds freakin crazy. very loud, but a nice deep rumble at idle

YEVOVIII Aug 26, 2005 11:04 PM

Vishnu Sig.

Spec'd Aug 26, 2005 11:08 PM

I think you guys are trying to say you really like this one. :lol:
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/alb...04_G.thumb.jpg

eddie Aug 27, 2005 12:02 AM

I think you guys are trying to say you really like this one. :lol:
http://www.norcalevo.net/gallery/alb...04_G.thumb.jpg

sounds like a diesel milk truck at idle...

nj1266 Aug 27, 2005 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by anjapower

Well, I am gladd I did not get the Helix. That thing is loud as hell. Can you even converse in the car when you are cruising?

My vote goes to the Invidia N1. Go here for my impressions. I will post an audio clip soon.

3K Aug 27, 2005 06:44 PM

Tanabe ultra medallion.

NC_EvO_GuY Aug 31, 2005 03:52 AM

I had the logic turbo back great quality from a great vendor. Sits a little close to the bumper (actually melted part of mine), but I'm sure if you had a heat shield you could prevent that, and the thing sounded awesome. I let my exhaust go when i traded last week for a new 05... I am currently in the market for a new turboback... I want that HKS carbon Ti soooo bad but for the price of just the catback I could easily get a full turboback with sum change left. I want sumthin loud tho.... I'm actually thinking about the buschur turbo back with the cat delete and the muffler delete... I love loud cars (as long as it has a good sound), and cops around here arent strict at all.... that helix is sounding pretty good tho. If there is anyone here with a sound cliup of the buschur turboback with the muffler delete I would love to hear it!!!!

eddie Aug 31, 2005 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by NC_EvO_GuY
I had the logic turbo back great quality from a great vendor. Sits a little close to the bumper (actually melted part of mine), but I'm sure if you had a heat shield you could prevent that, and the thing sounded awesome. I let my exhaust go when i traded last week for a new 05... I am currently in the market for a new turboback... I want that HKS carbon Ti soooo bad but for the price of just the catback I could easily get a full turboback with sum change left. I want sumthin loud tho.... I'm actually thinking about the buschur turbo back with the cat delete and the muffler delete... I love loud cars (as long as it has a good sound), and cops around here arent strict at all.... that helix is sounding pretty good tho. If there is anyone here with a sound cliup of the buschur turboback with the muffler delete I would love to hear it!!!!

So how loud was the Logic turbo back exactly? I'm looking for something throaty but not too loud. To me the sound clip of the Logic Performance fit the bill but I don't know if it was a cat-back or turbo back setup. Thanks!

LogicPerformanc Aug 31, 2005 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by eddie
So how loud was the Logic turbo back exactly? I'm looking for something throaty but not too loud. To me the sound clip of the Logic Performance fit the bill but I don't know if it was a cat-back or turbo back setup. Thanks!

Hey Eddie

I'm pretty sure that sound clip was a catback only. The full TBE isn't too much louder, it also depends on wether you are going to run a cat or not.

dru

anjapower Aug 31, 2005 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by nj1266
Well, I am gladd I did not get the Helix. That thing is loud as hell. Can you even converse in the car when you are cruising?

My vote goes to the Invidia N1. Go here for my impressions. I will post an audio clip soon.

Haha...you're listening to a clip of me revving it to near 7k with the camera right behind the exhaust.

The exhaust is loud but in no way is it annoying. You can hold conversations with ease. It isn't really loud in the cabin unless you're going WOT with the rear windows open.

evo7racer Sep 1, 2005 11:24 AM

Can anyone with a sound clip or pictures of the HKS carbon Ti, Hks 30th anniv or the greddy ti on an evo post it?

mobounce Sep 1, 2005 11:27 AM

I'll be the outcast.... Espelir JGT 500... I love mine!!

Chris@nolimitmotors Sep 1, 2005 02:07 PM

greddy evo2 is best i've ever heard

Kaizer Oct 27, 2006 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by LogicPerformanc
Hey Eddie

I'm pretty sure that sound clip was a catback only. The full TBE isn't too much louder, it also depends on wether you are going to run a cat or not.

dru

Send ya a PM!

David Buschur Oct 27, 2006 10:24 AM

Asking who has the best sounding exhaust is like asking who you should marry. It's a matter of opinion.

FlyNavy Oct 27, 2006 12:54 PM

Sound "quality" is subjective, but volume is pretty scientific. I've had one of the loudest (greddy ti) and switched to one of the quietest (rMr). The RMR has a couple resonators but is true 3", flows nice and is the quietest out there. Good compromise for me. I love the sound. I don't think you can go wrong as long as its TRUE 3". Add resonators and cats into the mix and you are inevitably trading a little power for comfort.