EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Who has heard of CXRacing FMIC's? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/384601-who-has-heard-cxracing-fmics.html)

dee_yamaha Nov 30, 2008 03:35 PM

^^^

Yes sir.....Mustang dyno reads less but it is closer to a road simulation! Here's the thread for the universal fmic I installed on my Evo and Supra.

http://lancerforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255546

EVOIXreno Nov 30, 2008 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by gmore84 (Post 6408679)
how much did you ETS run you?

275 used

gmore84 Nov 30, 2008 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by jmelocik (Post 6408876)
Some people say it makes a difference but I'm not so sure but the power numbers I posted above was on DTM's Mustang Dyno.

dee yamaha is correct, the one from CXRacing (formerly just innercoolers) is the AMS replica. It seems to work pretty good.

Josh
:usflag:

I see that's the one I am looking at for 120 shipped on ebay. I know someone running the same mods as me and has that FMIC and hasn't had any problems yet.. Looks good too.

mandy1 Nov 30, 2008 03:56 PM

Buschur , AMS or ETS chime here to defend your products,do some dyno comparisons for us please. i to use the ebay stuff with good results.

gmore84 Nov 30, 2008 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by EVOIXreno (Post 6408967)
275 used

That's mad cheap.

jmelocik Nov 30, 2008 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by mandy1 (Post 6409008)
Buschur , AMS or ETS chime here to defend your products,do some dyno comparisons for us please. i to use the ebay stuff with good results.

David Buschur actually did do some dyno testing and although I am not sure which Ebay FMIC he used he was not able to make the same power as he was with his Deluxe or Race core. I would expect him to give the most accurate results. He did dyno testing on the Ebay o2 housings trying to disprove that they made power and actually found they made more power than his stock ported ones so now he sells the sheet metal o2 housings.

I do know that the unit he used was claimed to heat soak after one or two pulls on the dyno. I wish I had a link to the thread he wrote about it.

Josh
:usflag:

gmore84 Nov 30, 2008 04:45 PM

Every car is different. It's gonna be a chance for me.. if it doesn't work I can always have a spare part.

ant_turbo Nov 30, 2008 08:59 PM

Ran it on my evo_9 gt30r 440hp 28psi dynopak, It doesn't like back to back runs though... But them again ur supposed to have cool down at least 20min,,,But it worked fine for me...
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...jpg?514014-316

gmore84 Nov 30, 2008 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by ant_turbo (Post 6410155)
Ran it on my evo_9 gt30r 440hp 28psi dynopak, It doesn't like back to back runs though... But them again ur supposed to have cool down at least 20min,,,But it worked fine for me...
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member...jpg?514014-316

Looks good.. which FM is that?

ant_turbo Nov 30, 2008 09:48 PM

Same company CNX/Just Intercoolers,,,,

Originally Posted by gmore84 (Post 6410263)
Looks good.. which FM is that?

JohnBradley Nov 30, 2008 09:50 PM

If you cant make consistent runs back to back thats because the intercooler is heatsoaking. Most intercoolers are capable of making consistent pulls within 2-3 minutes. I have personally run one of these since at the time it was hard to say no to 180 for a 3.5" core. It added about 800rpm lag over the stocker which I did expect. When I upgraded to an ETS 4" and actually got some of spool back (with larger intercooler no less) it made me wonder about the CXracing. Could have been something as simple as a boost leak...who knows. It makes at least 474whp without heatsoaking though.

gmore84 Nov 30, 2008 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by JohnBradley (Post 6410321)
If you cant make consistent runs back to back thats because the intercooler is heatsoaking. Most intercoolers are capable of making consistent pulls within 2-3 minutes. I have personally run one of these since at the time it was hard to say no to 180 for a 3.5" core. It added about 800rpm lag over the stocker which I did expect. When I upgraded to an ETS 4" and actually got some of spool back (with larger intercooler no less) it made me wonder about the CXracing. Could have been something as simple as a boost leak...who knows. It makes at least 474whp without heatsoaking though.

Nice.. 474 is a nice number.

ant_turbo Nov 30, 2008 10:08 PM

Ya I know that but I only paid for 3 runs but he keep on going!! And the intercooler was heatsoaking and my car starting to knock...So I stoped @440hp and 28psi,,I know I could have made more power I just said stop there...
I just wanted to see how much power my roadtune made me,,

Originally Posted by JohnBradley (Post 6410321)

Altered Nov 30, 2008 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've had a 24"x12"x3" CXRacing FMIC on my 2G AWD DSM for about 2 yrs. I can't say I've thoroughly tested/compared it with the expensive stuff, but it does the job perfectly fine for me. I run a restrictive 6cm hotside 14b turbo at 17psi without even the slightest hint of knock. It absolutely beats bloody turds out of the DSM stocker side mount.

Pressure tested it by itself to 30psi during a boost leak test, however I'm sorry I'm only able to guesstimate with the ol' ass-dyno for power numbers. Somewhere between 180-240awhp. I wish that I could actually afford a turbo capable of holding 30psi to redline right now.

gmore84 Nov 30, 2008 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Altered (Post 6410431)
I've had a 24"x12"x3" CXRacing FMIC on my 2G AWD DSM for about 2 yrs. I can't say I've thoroughly tested/compared it with the expensive stuff, but it does the job perfectly fine for me. I run a restrictive 6cm hotside 14b turbo at 17psi without even the slightest hint of knock. It absolutely beats bloody turds out of the DSM stocker side mount.

Pressure tested it by itself to 30psi during a boost leak test, however I'm sorry I'm only able to guesstimate with the ol' ass-dyno for power numbers. Somewhere between 180-240awhp. I wish that I could actually afford a turbo capable of holding 30psi to redline right now.

Thx for the input.. I am lookin' to upgrade just gettin a general idea on what people think.