EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Who has heard of CXRacing FMIC's? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/384601-who-has-heard-cxracing-fmics.html)

DDATuned Dec 1, 2008 03:53 PM

I can't quote u guys because my bb won't let me but if you can't install the that core in 20-30 mins you should not be touching a car. No offense. And to correct you, the intercooler mounted up 100 percent perfect.Tabs and everything else was perfectly aligned. It takes longer to take the bumper off than it does to mount the core.

Also I agree in that this core is inferior to the ams and buschur units but as I said for the people who do not have the money to afford 500+ fmic this is a great alternative.

As far as testing goes it wasn't in reference to fmic's but in other parts. Buschur and ams parts are all well tested and proven to work.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ayfmicpic1.jpg

matt55 Dec 1, 2008 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by JohnBradley (Post 6413174)
Nothing fits right, they heatsoak, the tabs all need modded, they are the proof to the saying that you get what you pay for.The 3.5" required custom couplers to work right and it was listed as a bolt on.

".

Ive had a Big name IC on my other evo , mayBe the Biggest name on evom .
It came Banged up , Bent fins and a Bent inlent pipe . It was over an 1'' crooked , had to re-drill the tabs and payed $750 for it .

On the other had the Ebay IC was packed great , no bent fins or pipes .
Fit 10 times better , didnt have to use any power tool to make it work . Sits level and the only thing that was "hard" was the stock couplers , but after a lil messing with it she fit pretty darn good .

nos51 Dec 1, 2008 05:45 PM

the intercoolers WILL make the power.the problem is that they DO heatsoak fairly quickly and do not usually like back to back passes.that what i have noticed with my civic.....i still they are really good quality for the price and i am satisfied with them for now....

gmore84 Dec 1, 2008 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by inneedof (Post 6412237)
Yes i do know this as a fact, i have one sitting on my shop floor right now

what shop do you work?

JohnBradley Dec 1, 2008 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dsmhater (Post 6413288)
I can't quote u guys because my bb won't let me but if you can't install the that core in 20-30 mins you should not be touching a car. No offense. And to correct you, the intercooler mounted up 100 percent perfect.Tabs and everything else was perfectly aligned. It takes longer to take the bumper off than it does to mount the core.

Also I agree in that this core is inferior to the ams and buschur units but as I said for the people who do not have the money to afford 500+ fmic this is a great alternative.

As far as testing goes it wasn't in reference to fmic's but in other parts. Buschur and ams parts are all well tested and proven to work.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ayfmicpic1.jpg

Correct me? How do you correct me when I did the install? Chances are I have worked on DSM/Evo as long or longer (since 94) than you have and I have worked on cars in general for the last 18. The one I got was horrible. There is nothing good to say about it, it happens to be the one that is on Inneedof's shop floor.

The tabs were literally welded mirror to where they needed to be. Maybe the QC guy was sick that day or the monkey welding it didnt get a nap, but no matter how you dice it it was inferior. I could get 3 or 4 passes and then the thing was done, and that was in good air.

For the price, the stock intercooler is better than this. 120-180 shipped buys alot of Ice to cool the intake manifold between passes. My car has been built by me, tuned by me, other than the tranny, is maintained by me, and will continued to be worked on by me. I see, work on, and tune enough Evos a week to know what works and what doesnt, and where the grey areas lie.

gmore84 Dec 1, 2008 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by JohnBradley (Post 6414224)
Correct me? How do you correct me when I did the install? Chances are I have worked on DSM/Evo as long or longer (since 94) than you have and I have worked on cars in general for the last 18. The one I got was horrible. There is nothing good to say about it, it happens to be the one that is on Inneedof's shop floor.

The tabs were literally welded mirror to where they needed to be. Maybe the QC guy was sick that day or the monkey welding it didnt get a nap, but no matter how you dice it it was inferior. I could get 3 or 4 passes and then the thing was done, and that was in good air.

For the price, the stock intercooler is better than this. 120-180 shipped buys alot of Ice to cool the intake manifold between passes. My car has been built by me, tuned by me, other than the tranny, is maintained by me, and will continued to be worked on by me. I see, work on, and tune enough Evos a week to know what works and what doesnt, and where the grey areas lie.

what store or shop do you work at?

JohnBradley Dec 1, 2008 08:00 PM

Gmore-

I apologise for the threadjack. I have sent the info you asked for via PM.

riceball777 Dec 1, 2008 08:03 PM

I run a eBay$100 intercooler on my 500whp integra with no problem
I also ran the and knockoff on my buscher gt30r Evo with no problem
Wouild it make more power with a name brand inter cooler? Yeah probably but the eBay inter coolers work great for the price and I,m sure and cheep large eBay bar and plate intercooler will work better than the cheep stock tube and fin intercooler

DDATuned Dec 1, 2008 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by JohnBradley (Post 6414224)

Well you are right, I can't correct you when you did the install. But possibly the core you got was garbage. It happens. My friend got a bad Bushur deluxe core about 2 years go. It happens sometimes. No shop is perfect.

Also as a former shop owner I have been building 4g63 motors and trannys for the past 10 years so like you , I think I know a thing or two about these things{thumbup}

gmore84 Dec 1, 2008 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Dsmhater (Post 6414650)
Well you are right, I can't correct you when you did the install. But possibly the core you got was garbage. It happens. My friend got a bad Bushur deluxe core about 2 years go. It happens sometimes. No shop is perfect.

Also as a former shop owner I have been building 4g63 motors and trannys for the past 10 years so like you , I think I know a thing or two about these things{thumbup}

4G63 FTW! Gotta Love Em.

35rEvo Dec 1, 2008 09:54 PM

Really? Sucks for the person who took their car to a shop who doesn't have an answer to this question.....

Guys I just picked up my evo rs and I love driving it. Now my question is, Since i have this hallman mbc laying around from one of my dsm partouts.. is it worth it to install it and get it flashed ? Keep in mind other than the mbc, the car is completely stock.

thanks

DDATuned Dec 1, 2008 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by 35rEvo (Post 6414901)
Really? Sucks for the person who took their car to a shop who doesn't have an answer to this question.....

Edit.. NM. No point going ruining this thread argueing with a obvious lowlife.

35rEvo Dec 1, 2008 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Dsmhater (Post 6414935)

Lmao, you're right, there is no point. Seeing as someone working with 4g63 motors for 10 years yet needs assistance in deciding whether to install an MBC and get a reflash. {pcfreak}

DDATuned Dec 1, 2008 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by 35rEvo (Post 6414988)
Lmao, you're right, there is no point. Seeing as someone working with 4g63 motors for 10 years yet needs assistance in deciding whether to install an MBC and get a reflash. {pcfreak}

When you are ready to compare automotive knowledge please let me know but do it in another thread or via pm. Do not ruin this thread with your nonsense.

:beer:

IDRNKV8 Dec 1, 2008 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dsmhater (Post 6414935)

Thats funny, but ur right, dont sweat it man. I just had this ignorant piece of sh1t on one of my threads, and boy did he almost f it up.....{thumbdwn} . Hey 35revo, ur the one to talk about {pcfreak} ,:lol: . Get a life man{pcfreak} {pcfreak} {pcfreak} {pcfreak} {pcfreak} :lol: