EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Busher's 3” downpipe fitment (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/455455-bushers-3n-downpipe-fitment.html)

TGZ Nov 14, 2010 03:32 PM

Well my exhaust was leaking at both flange connections, testpipe and downpipe. I made my own gasket out of material and it got rid of the leak at the test pipe, but there is still a leak at the o2 housing/downpipe.

You can see black soot on top of the downpipe flange even after just 2 weeks using it. I am going to make another custom gasket there and I guess everything should be buttoned up.

Jarrod, you guys should really consider adding gaskets with your kit. It will only cost 5 dollars or so for the two gaskets, and people will probably be much happier.

Evoardo IX Dec 9, 2010 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by TGZ (Post 8836537)
Well my exhaust was leaking at both flange connections, testpipe and downpipe. I made my own gasket out of material and it got rid of the leak at the test pipe, but there is still a leak at the o2 housing/downpipe.

You can see black soot on top of the downpipe flange even after just 2 weeks using it. I am going to make another custom gasket there and I guess everything should be buttoned up.

Jarrod, you guys should really consider adding gaskets with your kit. It will only cost 5 dollars or so for the two gaskets, and people will probably be much happier.

True. I am porting the O2 at the moment, and I realized there was a leak, so I too will be adding a gasket between the O2 housing and the buschur DP.
Guys at Buschur, I love the V-band TBE, but I would love it more if it came with a gasket :thumbup:
Ed

rcgoff2 May 1, 2012 08:52 PM

Not to bring this one back from the dead, but I just installed a buschur turbo back exhaust on my evo with the bullet muffler and cat delete. Everything went pretty smooth like the other two times on previous cars. For some reason though this time, the lower front braces are a tight clearance to the down pipe and I can hear them rattling against the down pipe. Not really a big deal (can be fixed with a few washers), but didn't have this issue before (I believe two spacers per bolt were included in prior kits while only one per bolt for this one.

Now on to the leaks. I didn't use a single gasket on this install (exactly like the previous two installs) and like buschur recommends. When I cold started the car on the ramps, I felt near the slip fit joints and D-Pipe to Cat delete joint. Every one of the joints had some sort of leak. This is the first time I've really checked this out of the three installs I've done. I was able to remove almost 100% of the leaks from slip joints but smoking the bolts down on the two-bolt flange will do nothing to stop the leak. I'm hoping that with time, soot will clog the 2-bolt joints to help seal, if not, I will buy a gasket = /