EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   4g63 (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/478065-4g63.html)

JDavenport Mar 5, 2010 06:44 PM

Somehwere on streetfire.net there is a dyno vid of a twin turbo 4g63. I think it was by a shop somehwere in Europe. They used two small turbos, made good power and spooled really quick, but looked complicated. That is the only twin turbo 4g I have heard of and it was more or less a 'prove we can do it' type deal from that tuner.

cedes14bamg Mar 6, 2010 09:04 AM

oh wow this is quite the forum for all the info :D:D:D:D
thanks guys.
we all want a 4g63 dont we lol lol
i just cant believe anything this guy tolds me, its a guy that i work with.
ill have to go see that talon in person i guess.
but i have to admit that i want my little lancer quick... :S
the guy that owns the talon is a mechanic and knows his crap but that buddy that invents stuff aint no help for me...
so ill go see that mechanic someday and ask him to shove that 2.4 tt in my car :L ... sarcasm
i really want to achieve a swap tho :(

barneyb Mar 6, 2010 08:01 PM

Years ago, on DSMtalk there was a guy welding up a manifold for two turbos. He posted pictures of his progress. As best I remember, he finally got the thing assembled and, of course, everyone wanted to know how it ran. About all he had to say was that it didn't run very good and that he was going back to a single turbo.

JDavenport Mar 6, 2010 10:12 PM

Knew I saw this somewhere:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvJVUS-8jlw

Biggest advantage would be the low RPM spool. 600 ft-lbs at 3800 would be fun.

Piro Fyre Mar 7, 2010 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by cedes14bamg (Post 8065277)
but i have to admit that i want my little lancer quick... :S
i really want to achieve a swap tho :(

If you want it to have a little gittup, get a turbo kit and run that for a while. For sure, you're not able to swap a DSM motor into an 03 chassis because the the engine/tranny placement.

If you still want to achieve a swap, you can go to a salvage yard and look for 4G64 engines with the block still in tact. Get some pistons, an Evo head, whatever and you might be good to go. I've heard success stories about 4G64 blocks working well after doing a small mod to them that any machine shop can do. Hell, even being better then a 2.3L stroke build. If you got the time and money, you can go that route. Other then that, you'd be better off trying to get an actual Evo engine for your swap.

acdavis25 Mar 8, 2010 09:02 AM

There is a guy on dsmtuners that did a compound turbo setup.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/cust...bo-set-up.html

cedes14bamg Mar 8, 2010 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Piro Fyre (Post 8067323)
If you want it to have a little gittup, get a turbo kit and run that for a while. For sure, you're not able to swap a DSM motor into an 03 chassis because the the engine/tranny placement.

If you still want to achieve a swap, you can go to a salvage yard and look for 4G64 engines with the block still in tact. Get some pistons, an Evo head, whatever and you might be good to go. I've heard success stories about 4G64 blocks working well after doing a small mod to them that any machine shop can do. Hell, even being better then a 2.3L stroke build. If you got the time and money, you can go that route. Other then that, you'd be better off trying to get an actual Evo engine for your swap.

i was kidding about that dsm engine being shoved in my car.
i actually wanted to turbo last yea, the kit from rrm was what i wanted. but when i read that a 4g64 fits in a lancer quite nicely i totally changed my mind. but if i swap that i totally want an evo head. and i actually read about evo owners with 4g64 blocks and how great it performs!
lots say 20% over of improvement.

i doubt the stock evo engine would sit in a lancer?

Piro Fyre Mar 8, 2010 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by cedes14bamg (Post 8073209)
i doubt the stock evo engine would sit in a lancer?

It actually would fit. I heard someone with a Lancer swapped an Evo engine in his car and it was a complete sleeper. You have to think here, it's the same exace chassis as an Evo, CT9A.

cedes14bamg Mar 8, 2010 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Piro Fyre (Post 8073299)
It actually would fit. I heard someone with a Lancer swapped an Evo engine in his car and it was a complete sleeper. You have to think here, it's the same exace chassis as an Evo, CT9A.

i dunno dude too many ppl would say '' no it doesnt fit'' , youre actually amazing me though.
i heard that the chassis was a bit different since the evo's chassis is just stronger.

whos that guy? he swapped the whole engine and ecu im guessing?

bvasquez12 May 22, 2010 06:34 PM

The evo engine isnt much different from the 4g64. The 3g guys swap the evo engines in with little to no mods, The transmission thats used with the 4g64 bolts up to the 4g63 block, so you can take an eclipse transmisson, swap the lancer differential in. That way you can use your stock axles and it will still be FWD. then just plug the evo ecu in,

cedes14bamg May 24, 2010 12:34 PM

haha sounds like baking cookies :D
the only problem is that us 4g94 owners we cant find those parts...:(
according to me of course

dyezak May 24, 2010 01:35 PM

Someone needs better friends

cedes14bamg May 25, 2010 01:03 PM

are you trying to be my friend?