EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain-22/)
-   -   Carbonetics Pro Blade clutch- Mini review (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-engine-turbo-drivetrain/547639-carbonetics-pro-blade-clutch-mini-review.html)

RSMike Feb 13, 2013 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by mrfred (Post 10659115)
Is this the 1300 kg or 1600 kg pressure plate?

There is only one in the catalogue now, 1400-1500kg clamping.

Quote from Carbonetics Japan:
"The clutch you mentioned ( 1600kg cover ), we call it Pro-blade, it use a original Aluminum cover ( ATS cover ), push type, disc diameter is 230mm, it can hold Max.60kg.
Actually Pro-blade may be a Limited Products, we may stop to sell it in future, because we have had the OE type pull clutch set.
It is cheaper and hold more torque but smooth on street. Capacity is around 70kg by the Single and 110kg for the Twin blade."

The OEM style pressure plate and disc is 240mm, maybe this is where they expect the increase in torque handling ability from.
I'm really looking forward to using it.

mrfred Feb 13, 2013 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by RSMike (Post 10659947)
There is only one in the catalogue now, 1400-1500kg clamping.

Quote from Carbonetics Japan:
"The clutch you mentioned ( 1600kg cover ), we call it Pro-blade, it use a original Aluminum cover ( ATS cover ), push type, disc diameter is 230mm, it can hold Max.60kg.
Actually Pro-blade may be a Limited Products, we may stop to sell it in future, because we have had the OE type pull clutch set.
It is cheaper and hold more torque but smooth on street. Capacity is around 70kg by the Single and 110kg for the Twin blade."

The OEM style pressure plate and disc is 240mm, maybe this is where they expect the increase in torque handling ability from.
I'm really looking forward to using it.

Excellent. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks.

deeman101 Feb 13, 2013 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by mrfred (Post 10660206)
Excellent. That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thanks.

Theres one thing I forgot to tell you about the problade, pedal pressure is higher than many OE style clutches. Higher than ACT HDSS, comp stg2, and definitely higher than stock and exedy stg1. The latter 2 feel as soft as gas pedals compared to the problade. Obviously its not that bad since I actually forgot to mention it to you. I've crawled through inner-city traffic with the clutch with no issues basically every other day of the week. Just don't be surprised. ;)

IANOC Apr 2, 2013 02:04 PM

Hey guys.
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Just got the Carbonetic Pro Blade with 1600kg fitted to my VI.
It's running 370bhp at the moment and I can confirm there is zero to none Decel noise from it, compared to the standard clutch that is, which sounded like a tin of rocks under Decel :D.
Bite point is indeed very high up on the pedal (around half), and changes are like butter for sure.
The lightweight flywheel has led to an even freer revving engine than before, quite a difference in this department.
Pedal is quite heavy and takes some getting used to (9 years driving on the standard clutch will do that :D).
Will report back when I have properly bedded it in and used it fairly hard.
I will be getting a IX turbo and 1000cc Injector Dynamics installed within 2 weeks with another remap, so should be getting over 400bhp @2bar.

It is a wonderful bit of kit on first thoughts.
Highly recommended.

94AWDcoupe Apr 14, 2013 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by burnzy (Post 10594291)
Like I said I don't know the science of it all, all I can guarantee you is that there is no decel noise as of right now, whether or not there will be in future is unknown at this point, yes I agree there will be more noise transferred but at this stage there is none to be heard in cabin, you're basically calling someone a liar when I say there is no noise and from half way across the world you say there is. If you said decel noise would come in future I would have accepted that but there is none now.

update? how many miles from this post?

burnzy Apr 22, 2013 10:10 PM

Clutch is all good, have heard of singles slipping under 500hp though

MMS1970 Apr 26, 2013 04:48 PM

How's Twin BLADE?

I hard Carbonetic USA just released TWIN BLADE clutch. Does any one already have? How's it?

I think for my car 350whp range 99% street once a year take track no launching single one will be enough?
But if new twin is very nice to drive for my car would consider to have twin and put new motor and bump up 550whp range???

BTW Carbonetic said No more Pro-Blade clutch so only have OEM style pull type one.

thank you!:D

EvoPower81 Aug 28, 2013 05:56 PM

Interested in the twin blade results too!!!!:D

V.8MR Aug 28, 2013 05:59 PM

nice

EvoPower81 Aug 29, 2013 04:18 AM

Here's what it looks like:

http://www.autotorque.net/latest-new...-impreza-1216/

SmurfZilla Aug 29, 2013 06:04 AM

Wonder how the twin stacks up against the OM 8Leg and the Exedy Triple. I ran a ATS triple in my blue car before a shop ****ed it up and it is by far the BEST clutch I have ever owned.

Ang Wen Yan Aug 31, 2013 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla (Post 10939263)
Wonder how the twin stacks up against the OM 8Leg and the Exedy Triple. I ran a ATS triple in my blue car before a shop ****ed it up and it is by far the BEST clutch I have ever owned.

Carobonetic=ATS

SmurfZilla Aug 31, 2013 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ang Wen Yan (Post 10941702)
Carobonetic=ATS

Yeah I know. My comment still stands. LOL. Its quicker to type ATS instead of Carbonetics.

94AWDcoupe Aug 31, 2013 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Ang Wen Yan (Post 10941702)
Carobonetic=ATS

sorta but not really.

blade single and blade twins are carbonetic products, not available from ATS

SmurfZilla Aug 31, 2013 05:43 PM

Now that I didn't know.