EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Evo windshield is different from Lancer windshield (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/136083-evo-windshield-different-lancer-windshield.html)

SterlingEvo Apr 28, 2005 02:39 PM

Yeah, I had mine replaced and made sure to tell my insurance several times that it was a Lancer Evolution. They got it right :D

jfh Apr 28, 2005 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by LancerEVOVIIISD
Just out of curiousity, how much was your OEM Evolution windshield?

Windshield prices from MitsubishiParts.net

P/N: MR533951 (Lancer) Glass+windshield $422.95(List) $322.29 (Discounted)
P/N: MR991637 (Evo) Glass+windshield $439.87(List) $335.18 (Discounted)

Difference in price is negligible.

Installation labor will push the total price into the $500 range as reported by others.

vegasboy301 Apr 28, 2005 03:01 PM

:)

Zeus Apr 28, 2005 05:39 PM

My windshield is basically split in two... I've got two cracks growing across the windshield. If given the option, I'd give up a "light weight" wind shield for a more durable one.

So from what I gather, if I try to have a basic Lancer windshield installed, the rear view mirror will not fit? Is this correct?

alex_alex Apr 28, 2005 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Zeus
My windshield is basically split in two... I've got two cracks growing across the windshield. If given the option, I'd give up a "light weight" wind shield for a more durable one.

So from what I gather, if I try to have a basic Lancer windshield installed, the rear view mirror will not fit? Is this correct?

Well, i don't know for sure, but the rear view mirror attaches by a sticker. Literally. I can't forsee it not fitting ANY flat surface

nothere Apr 28, 2005 07:15 PM

I got the standard lancer windshield, didn't know any better. Got to say I can't tell the difference. I'd do it again.

blueo4 Apr 28, 2005 07:23 PM

lucky me! mine is chiped and it list for $570 but I can get it at cost for about $220!
I could help you out if you were in KCM!

Zeus Apr 28, 2005 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by alex_alex
Well, i don't know for sure, but the rear view mirror attaches by a sticker. Literally. I can't forsee it not fitting ANY flat surface

From the way people talked... I thought there might already be a base plate attached...

timzcat Apr 28, 2005 08:52 PM

LOL Dealer list is $439.
Mitsubishiparts.net price is $335

timzcat Apr 28, 2005 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by jfh
Windshield prices from MitsubishiParts.net

P/N: MR533951 (Lancer) Glass+windshield $422.95(List) $322.29 (Discounted)
P/N: MR991637 (Evo) Glass+windshield $439.87(List) $335.18 (Discounted)

Difference in price is negligible.

Installation labor will push the total price into the $500 range as reported by others.

DOH!! I didn't see this. :lol:

housedj Apr 28, 2005 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by erioshi
The glass shop said their price was over $500 for the Evo windshield. No idea if the info was accurate, though.

evo windshields are $450 here in AZ & they don't keep em in stock. the evo windshield is thicker hence more $ due to the car's higher speed.

AUSS1E Apr 28, 2005 09:29 PM

hehe...here in KY they are covered under insurance if you have comprehensive. And they dont count as a claim. Sounds like it is not that way in other states

alex_alex Apr 28, 2005 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Zeus
From the way people talked... I thought there might already be a base plate attached...

yeah, it seems like there might be. the windshield itself (at least the evo one) comes with the new sticker for the mirror. At least mine did.

timzcat Apr 28, 2005 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by housedj
evo windshields are $450 here in AZ & they don't keep em in stock. the evo windshield is thicker hence more $ due to the car's higher speed.

The Evo windshield is thinner to save weight. The price difference is really minimal between the 2.

chrisw Apr 28, 2005 10:52 PM

I just got hit this week :crap: right before race event. I hope I can still make it through tech.

It's only cracked on one pane of glass. The inside is not damaged, only the outside.

Every glass dealer in teh SF bay area seems to only list the lancer, not the EVO...

{thumbdwn}