EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   2 Fast 2 Furious Evo Thread [ALL THREADS MERGED] (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/24270-2-fast-2-furious-evo-thread-all-threads-merged.html)

Tristar May 19, 2003 03:32 AM

This topic has been covered a ton, but they are EVO VII's, from Italy I believe. Ask Rob, he talked to Mitsu about it.

ghostrider May 19, 2003 04:10 AM

Originally posted by archangelite
i think its a us lancer cuz if u look at the back lights in the preview its sharp like the lancer, the evo is kind of straight. and also all the things that make it look lilke an evo could be aftermarket products.
Why does this topic still keep coming up after it's been beaten to death countless times already?

It's an Evo 7 from Spain. It's not a modded Lancer.

Obsoleteasian May 19, 2003 11:50 AM

I have seen these cars in person, at a couple LA shows. Thier is about 3-5 copies of it floating around. These cars are equal or less to dog ****. The build of these cars are terrible. I have talked to several people around the way, and so far everyone points them to be modified lancers, with transitions to look like evo's. If you have seen these cars in real life and look at them well, they defintely don't look like evos. But who knows unless you pop the hood and check the structure.

Rollaway May 19, 2003 04:27 PM

its an evo 7.. i went to the ny auto show and seen under the hood... its not a regular lancer... it had the button at the driver's side door for the acd.. you know the wet pavement, dry pavement and snow settings

Celm May 19, 2003 04:43 PM

i saw the car at the NY show.It looks like ass in person.scratches dings,etc..they did a test on all the 2F2F cars.i think it was import tuner or one of those car shows on TNN.the evo from the movie did a 15sec 1/4 mile time.they said the car was beaten pretty bad through out its life time and thats the reason why it hindered its performance

Rollaway May 19, 2003 04:45 PM

was this guy:drink: ???... did anyone else read the 1/4 mile time??
this assknuckle actually put down saying the 1/4 mile was 13.8 @120 mph.....if that was possible than the driver could drive if his life depended on it.... at 120 very low 12s and maybe very high 11s are possible.... time to email this character and tell him about how dumb he is

Celm May 19, 2003 04:46 PM

hey im just relaying on what he said.i couldnt careless about the car

1badlancer May 19, 2003 05:17 PM

its a j-spec evo VII

1 Attachment(s)
Ive read this in a few magazines that the origianl is and actual EVO VII imported from japan. Now there maybe other copies around that are us lancer and im shure they made more than one for the movie cause you know how those cars get trashed but the original one for the movie is a real evoulution VII from japan. go to www.fhm.com it tells aobut it in there.

Cody :mitsu: by the way here it my lancer and the rims are for sale contact me if intersted.

IUP200 May 19, 2003 06:02 PM

I think this just might be the car from the Movie

http://www.velocityjrnl.com/ip/org/7553.html

rt turbo May 22, 2003 06:22 PM

fast & furious evo is slow

sport compact car tested the too fast too furious cars and they were all slower than crap. the evo, with a bunch of mods ran a 15.3 @88 mph, and 0-60 in 7.3 seconds? whats with that. they said it felt like the had an obstorction in the airway... some tuner job. :rolleyes: even worse, this 654 hp supra ran a pathetic 14.5 @ 94 mph. and it has a greddy single turbo upgrade. the skyline r34 ran a 14.1 @101. this is pathetic, watcheing this movie is ganna suck knowing what these cars really run. :dunno:

TwiNpnOy84 May 22, 2003 06:25 PM

LOL...damn

I guess the cars are just for show only

boostedwrx May 22, 2003 06:25 PM

a 14.1 @ 101???????? Who was driving the car during the test..... Homer Simpson???

With a 101mph trap speed on an AWD car, that equates to low 13's....

Longfury May 22, 2003 06:28 PM

all of the cars from that movies were beat to hell and back and were not setup for real speed in the real world

gotta love the movies

rt turbo May 22, 2003 06:42 PM

the skyline was converted to rear wheel drive only :rolleyes: i repeat... :rolleyes: . they took out that great awd system so it could burn out and drift better :rolleyes: :thumbdown {thumbdwn} :dunno: . gay

Guru_Del May 22, 2003 06:43 PM

hey these cars are for looks (movies) not for go so cut em some slack but yea that is pretty gay hahah