EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   2 Fast 2 Furious Evo Thread [ALL THREADS MERGED] (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/24270-2-fast-2-furious-evo-thread-all-threads-merged.html)

rt turbo May 22, 2003 06:52 PM

the fact that the supra has a big greddy single turbo upgrade and can only manage a 14.5? it just kills the spirit. :(

ricardon May 22, 2003 06:58 PM

the movie was ghey!! I went to the MTV pre-screening. We waited outside for almost 3 hours while they set up their ****e, and then they had us run around and scream and raise our hands and crap like that. Anyway, the movie was entertaining, but not as good as the first. (just wait for the skyline BOV scene!!)

2Cool May 22, 2003 06:59 PM

Heh... just finished reading that article. All show, no go is what it comes down to. Doesn't really improve the image of import performance cars, just reinforces the fact that its better to look good than perform good. Not impressed. Didn't see the first movie, will skip this one.

Mister2zx3 May 22, 2003 07:27 PM

What was the last movie that had any resemblance to reality??? oh yeah The Matrix....

It's a *MOVIE* !! Entertainment - not a sporting event like LeMans or Sebring....

Enjoy it for what it is - a mindless time waster..

turbofreek May 22, 2003 08:00 PM

the evo in the movie is just a regular lancer with a evo kit, that is why its so slow

Harvs O-Z May 22, 2003 08:08 PM

It is JUST a Movie and the sequel to a "ricer" movie at that.. {moon}

2Cool May 22, 2003 08:09 PM

Nope, its an Evo VII, brand new with 178 miles on the odometer as they tested it. :mitsu: apparently is a sponsor for the movie, so they fessed up quite a few Evos for use in all the stunt/race etc scenes. Just imagine how many Evos they managed to break in the making of this thing... :(

smanders May 22, 2003 08:53 PM

Yeah when you have to make 6 or so of EACH car, I doubt they do much to make the internals match :rolleyes: . Its all show and no go....like a true :shoot: ricer!

stvbreal May 22, 2003 08:55 PM

All show and no go. :rolleyes:

Harvs O-Z May 22, 2003 09:40 PM

There is NO WAY IN THE WORLD a movie studio would WASTE that much money.... they CAN"T be all real EVO'S {thumbdwn}

Longfury May 22, 2003 09:45 PM

remember that :mitsu: is a title sponcer of the movie...they would eith give them to the studio or at a reduced price

tribal azn May 22, 2003 10:00 PM

Originally posted by Harvs O-Z
There is NO WAY IN THE WORLD a movie studio would WASTE that much money.... they CAN"T be all real EVO'S {thumbdwn}
they're real evos. get with the program

purecoda May 22, 2003 10:03 PM

yep. hollywood wastes money all the freaking time. i cry a little each time i see a nice car wasted in the movies. i always think "i would have liked to have that car", but no, they'd rather just blow it up. cuz thing's in the real world blow up all the time...

oh wait. no they don't. SO STOP BLOWING UP THOSE CARS AND GIVE ONE TO ME!

ChillinEvoVIII May 23, 2003 03:33 AM

hollywood wouldnt waste the money?? L O L.... yo dawg you are not very EDUMACATED... dawg... u got the slightest clue of how much the making of an avg movie that hits the theaters costs?? and by the way evos in japan arent that expensive... they are like normal cars over there... just like skylines.. they are cheap over there... its just the us market...skylines = 80 Gz min over here.... over there its more like 30 :spin:

Diuney888 May 23, 2003 05:24 AM

Maybe they used a Lan OZ? {pick}

Fine fine, maybe they used a Lan Ralliart. {moon}

-Bryan :lol: