EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Best enthusiast/mod friendly state? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/280212-best-enthusiast-mod-friendly-state.html)

batmanlee Jun 29, 2007 08:24 AM

All I know is that, it is not Minnesota nor Wisconsin. I get followed by cops all the time.

I even got pulled over TWICE, because "a car with the same discription has been reported." Period.... No explaintion of the report.

4WS Tuning Jun 29, 2007 08:31 AM

fl they only give you crap about tint.....

my friends mustang had slicks on it since he was trying to set something up...idk...

he got pulled over and was given a ticket for tint, cop ignored the super loud cammed car and slicks lol

SuPeRNeT Jun 29, 2007 08:51 AM

Colorado has no emissions..

Skim003 Jun 29, 2007 09:01 AM

Kentucky, we just got rid of our emissions testing. It's funny because our local news station did a "hidden undercover" report on illegal street racing and tried to make a big deal out of it. The response from the police department was that they didn't receive any complaints so it really wasn't a problem.

rcheung Jun 29, 2007 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by LI Pinky (Post 4487902)
I'm sure NY (Long Island) isn;t the best, but a lot of times people get away with driving stright track cars on the street. It's more like if you don't bring attention to yourself in that your doing something wreckless then they don't care...

Are you kidding me. When I had my megan exhaust ( which is pretty quiet compared to alot of aftermarket exhausts Ive seen), I was on the LIE going 30 in traffic and got pulled over for a loud exhaust. Cops are also looking under yourcar if you have a CAT now.

BBS Jun 29, 2007 09:19 AM

Isn't a state but Philadelphia. You get pulled over but only cause the cops want to see how fast your car can run and what mods you've done (I'm very serious, btw.) Outside of Phildelphia is like the land of car modding death, though.

Evo8DownUnder Jun 29, 2007 09:23 AM

With the exception of California, you guys in the US have got it easy. In Australia, pretty much anything will get you a defect and fine, and a trip to the Traffic Authorities.

If defected, you've gotta return the car to stock to get the defect cleared. If you don't have the stock parts, you've gotta get the item passed as ok by a licenced mechanical automotive engineer. For exhausts, you've gotta be under 94dB at 4000rpms when measured at a 45 degree angle one metre from the rear tailpipe.

Try that with any decent modified exhaust.

If you are caught without a cat converter, it's a $10,000 fine from the EPA.

The funny thing is, Australia is still a modified car paradise, and anyone with a modified car that doesn't meet regulations (and who has a brain) has learnt to keep a low profile and not give the cops any reason to pull you over. I got pulled over for a Random Breath Test the other night and even though my car is modified on intake and exhaust (the most easily defectable items) they didn't check the car as I presented a good attitude and was polite. They nitpicked at a rear number plate illuminated incorrectly, but let me go.

20lbsboost Jun 29, 2007 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by rcheung (Post 4488710)
Are you kidding me. When I had my megan exhaust ( which is pretty quiet compared to alot of aftermarket exhausts Ive seen), I was on the LIE going 30 in traffic and got pulled over for a loud exhaust. Cops are also looking under yourcar if you have a CAT now.

+1 NY sucks

CoachG Jun 29, 2007 09:27 AM

When I was living in Indiana in the early/mid 90's, there was no inspection. I can't remember if it was a county by county decsion or state-wide.

There are counties in PA that do not have emissions testing but do have fairly rigorous inspections for mechanical safety, etc.

Bonestock! Jun 29, 2007 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Scottro. (Post 4487811)
For those who don't like links.

When the hell did they (cops) get the power to be judge, jury and executioner?????????!!!!! What happend to due process?{thumbdwn}

bboypuertoroc Jun 29, 2007 10:18 AM

Kansas. They just don't give a ****.

bboypuertoroc Jun 29, 2007 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by BBS (Post 4488747)
Isn't a state but Philadelphia. You get pulled over but only cause the cops want to see how fast your car can run and what mods you've done (I'm very serious, btw.) Outside of Phildelphia is like the land of car modding death, though.

Not true. PA is very lenient towards mods. I've NEVER been bothered about any of my cars (2 of 3 were "illegal" - ie no cat). I lived in Bethlehem and Reading... both places they got better **** to do. Staties don't even bother me when I'm cruising along at 85+ on 76/81/83/15 etc.

johnturbotron Jun 29, 2007 10:32 AM

It was posted on page 1 but I also say Michigan Pros 93 octane pump gas sometimes even 94 No emissions Several dragrace and roadrace race tracks. Cons Crappy roads crappy drivers and six months of crappy winter.

Scottro. Jun 29, 2007 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bonestock! (Post 4488878)
When the hell did they (cops) get the power to be judge, jury and executioner?????????!!!!! What happend to due process?{thumbdwn}

It's stupid crap like that, that makes me not want to mod my car at all. I mean hell, Cali couldn't spend that money somewhere else where it's more needed? i.e. schools, immigration reform, alternative fuel studies,

EVOgirlie8 Jun 29, 2007 11:21 AM

Well, Detroit being the car capital of the world.... lol.... they never really pull you over for mods... or at least not what i heard of. We dont have emissions testing like CA does at all.... i mean... with all these old-time muscle cars and the Woodward dream cruise every year..... its kinda hard to punish us for our mods! =)