EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Selling S2K should I get EVO9 base or MR? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/550445-selling-s2k-should-i-get-evo9-base-mr.html)

Evoleader88 Apr 12, 2011 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by TyFoxx0608 (Post 9237510)
Please correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt the RS model a stripped model. I mean what is taken out that the base (gsr) has?

no power window, no sun roof, aluminum roof, no spoiler, no cd player but u can add, sum doesnt even come with AC

TyFoxx0608 Apr 12, 2011 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Evoleader88 (Post 9237515)
no power window, no sun roof, aluminum roof, no spoiler, no cd player but u can add, sum doesnt even come with AC

:eek: too hardcore for me lol

Evoleader88 Apr 12, 2011 11:35 PM

u can get evo 9 GSR its the second best i wuld pick

p.s dont get one with sunroof..theyr heavy and useless

shifthard Apr 12, 2011 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Evoleader88 (Post 9237507)
for personal reference RS is best version...cus its lighter then others

Rs are nice its pretty much a stripped evo. The OP was looking for oem hid headlights I don't think Rs came with those. And rs have no sound deadening, no power window or doors, no radio also I believe and no abs either.

TyFoxx0608 Apr 12, 2011 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by shifthard (Post 9237493)
I was in the same boat as you. I sold the s2 and held on to the money and waited months to find the perfect evo. After 3 months of searching I found a evo 9 SE. I wanted the 5 speed just in case I wanted higher HP. The SE came with hid, and fog lights which base gsr won't have. Also it came with bbs wheels and red stitched recaros. I don't mind going from 6 speed to 5 speed at all. Either way the evo trans will never be as good as the s2000 trans . But you'll get over it quickly once you get the evo. It's a totally different car. I say go for the 5 speed.just my opinion.

How do I tell if its an SE? and do all SE come with a roof?

Is this an SE it has red stitching 5 speed and bbs wheels

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Evoleader88 Apr 12, 2011 11:48 PM

my gsr come wih hid and foglight

LanEvo9MR Apr 12, 2011 11:48 PM

Yes, SE has red stitch seats and BBS polished rims. Evo 9 has all same wings, except RS. they dont have wings.

TyFoxx0608 Apr 12, 2011 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by LanEvo9MR (Post 9237534)
Yes, SE has red stitch seats and BBS polished rims. Evo 9 has all same wings, except RS. they dont have wings.

in the autotrader add are those the stock SE front side are rear bumpers?

Evoleader88 Apr 12, 2011 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by TyFoxx0608 (Post 9237538)

no theyr aftermartket....in all evo 8 and 9 model...rear bumper and side skirt are all the same

shifthard Apr 12, 2011 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by TyFoxx0608 (Post 9237538)

The front is stock but the sides and rear are aftermarket. And that looks like a SE but the add says 6 speed. But it doesnt seem to be a MR SE.the shift knob and center console isn't an MR. So the 6 speed is probably just a typo.

TyFoxx0608 Apr 12, 2011 11:57 PM

Ok thanks a lot guys you have been way more helpful than the last 2 weeks searching through these forums. I had no idea there was an SE model. It has all the features I want with a strong tranny. Hopefully if that one is still for sale I will own this thing by the end of the week.

shifthard Apr 13, 2011 12:03 AM

Glad to help. Best advice I can give. Take your time picking out a car. Don't be afraid to walk away from a car. Make sure you check out the car very carefully. Good luck.

Evolicious8 Apr 13, 2011 12:06 AM

Just get a GSR SSL

5 speed, oem hid's, leather recaros, and an oem "upgraded" sound system.

theEVOdream Apr 13, 2011 06:38 AM

if you can find an SE go for it. It also comes with an aluminum roof (among other upgrades already mentioned) which takes some weight off the top. The 5spd tranny can also take the HP if you ever need to go with big numbers. of course I'm biased though...SE's are the best!

As far as the SES light for the 02 and the test pipe a competent tuner can take the check engine light away with evoscan or whatever. STM also sells an $8 screw in fouler if you want to go that route. http://www.streettunedmotorsports.co...engine_fix.htm

good lucK!

Danner Apr 13, 2011 06:56 AM

Im glad I got my MR. The main reason I ended up with the MR was because I could not find a low mileage gsr or SE that had not been beatin to piss and back by a kid. I wasn't too worried about the trans because I don't race my car, ie autox or drag strips.

Id say it all really depends on what kind of driving you will be doing, and what kind of a driver you are.

Cant go wrong either way tho{thumbup}