EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo General (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/)
-   -   Good price for Evo 9? (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general/568374-good-price-evo-9-a.html)

sl8125 Aug 6, 2011 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by 3v0lv3d (Post 9514298)
Yeah, first thing i did was run a carfax or some states have independent motor vehicle inspection reports as well. Then i just googled the nearest mitsu dealer to where he was at, called, spoke to the service manager and told him i wanted to buy an evo from someone but i wanted them to check it out before hand. They ran a safety inspection i think its called and checked out the car cosmetically and mechanically. There's also third party inspection companies that you can hire. They'll go pick up the car and checkit out, they have basic inspection to more detailed one's and i think it runs about $130 for the most detailed one

Thanks forthe info.

I am currently in the market for an evo. I am glad there is another route. Now i am not limited to local sales. Now i just need to make up my mind and choose modified or stock.

GSX 911 Aug 6, 2011 05:55 PM

i love how evos hold their value!

3v0lv3d Aug 7, 2011 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by FOWLxMOUTH (Post 9515070)
Im debating between an VIII and X. I have driven 2 different X's (one stock, one heavily modded) and I LOVED every second of it. Now im just curious as to which one will be cheaper to upgrade and modify and which is gunna respond better to the mods. Im leaning more towards the X just cuz I love the look of it and how it feels when driving.

Talk to your tuner or shop your going to be getting all the work done, I'd say depends on how much hp your looking to get, the i've heard IX blocks are strong and can hold more mods better. That is unless u plan on building the motor completely.

dambikeracer Aug 8, 2011 09:25 AM

Keep looking, you can find a better deal then that. Use this forum, any local forums, Craigslist and Auto Trader to find your next Evo. You sould be somewhere closer to $18-20k but it really depends on where your at, some areas have a lot more Evo's then others.

PS Don't buy a 6 speed if you ever plan on going over 400WHP

Only1Balto Aug 8, 2011 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by dambikeracer (Post 9518198)
Keep looking, you can find a better deal then that. Use this forum, any local forums, Craigslist and Auto Trader to find your next Evo. You sould be somewhere closer to $18-20k but it really depends on where your at, some areas have a lot more Evo's then others.

PS Don't buy a 6 speed if you ever plan on going over 400WHP

Curious- why not? I guess that's good if you're looking into a new GSR

dambikeracer Aug 8, 2011 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Only1Balto (Post 9519218)
Curious- why not? I guess that's good if you're looking into a new GSR

The 6 speeds are like glass. There good for about 400WHP. Once you get over that 400, it's just a matter of time till it dies. Save yourself the headache and buy a 5 speed.

Evo03Rt Aug 8, 2011 07:40 PM

25k is about right i wrk at a dealership they go for that all day we sell alot of them
oaklawnmazda.com

sinople1 Aug 8, 2011 08:36 PM

^you guys are always getting nice cars in there alot of evos and sti's

sl8125 Aug 8, 2011 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by dambikeracer (Post 9519575)
The 6 speeds are like glass. There good for about 400WHP. Once you get over that 400, it's just a matter of time till it dies. Save yourself the headache and buy a 5 speed.

There seems more of the mint condition MR on the market. I would mine either though. 5 speed or 6 speed it wont matter.

Kreeker Aug 8, 2011 08:55 PM

I might sell my WW GSR with 10k miles on it for 30k.

sl8125 Aug 8, 2011 09:05 PM

Wow i buy 06 WW IX exactly what i am looking for. But your so far away. Also 30k is little out of my price range. I can imagine how nice it will to own a very low mile mint condition evo IX.

jdlewh Aug 8, 2011 09:36 PM

The price seems high to me. Got my mint 1 owner IX MR with 26k miles on it for $25k about a year ago.

justinduh Aug 8, 2011 10:13 PM

5k more for 16k miles less seems reasonable to me
bet the car is mint

dambikeracer Aug 11, 2011 10:05 AM

Here's a Fully Built 700WHP IX For Sale with only 16k Miles!!! If I had the doe, this is what I'd buy!

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2464975275.html

puppet22 Aug 22, 2011 04:05 AM

hello, it's either my first time posting or been a long time.... i am currently overseas and have been since March 2009. i have a 2006 evo ix, pretty much stock with less than 63,000 miles on it. i'm trying to sell it because i will be overseas for 3 more years. the wing has been taken off, 8000k H.I.D's installed, pioneer head unit (mom has the faceplate back in the states). the car was rear-ended when i was stationed in san antonio, texas but is all repaired. i'm 35 yrs old and have a family so the evo is just pretty much a financial burden for me because i'm paying for something that i'm not driving.... my dad starts up the car once or twice a month and is on jacks... if interested, let me know....