Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Good price for Evo 9?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2011, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Good price for Evo 9?

I've been looking all over for an Evo 9 and had recently come across one. Not sure if it an MR or not (its online and there are not very many pictures =/) but basically the car looks in good condition and has 49k miles on it. The guy has it up for 25k$... Is that a good price for it? Ive been looking at kbb, nada, edmunds. etc. and they all have the MR between 17k-21k not really near 25k. If someone could help me out with this that would be great.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

Do you know if the car is modded at all? $25k seems to be a bit steep for an MR. If the car is ridiculously modified then I could see the owner asking for a bit more $$$$ but if it's stock(ish) then he's out of his tree.

Personally when I was looking for a IX two years ago I wouldn't even entertain the idea of owning an MR since it's a 6 speed.

-Danny
Old Aug 5, 2011, 04:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That does seem a little high..when I was looking I saw a few nice 9s from 21 to 23k but they weren't MR's and more on the stock side.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
25 is slightly high
Old Aug 5, 2011, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

lol
u can try asking for discount
that price is a tad too high
Old Aug 5, 2011, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by FOWLxMOUTH
I've been looking all over for an Evo 9 and had recently come across one. Not sure if it an MR or not (its online and there are not very many pictures =/) but basically the car looks in good condition and has 49k miles on it. The guy has it up for 25k$... Is that a good price for it? Ive been looking at kbb, nada, edmunds. etc. and they all have the MR between 17k-21k not really near 25k. If someone could help me out with this that would be great.
A low mileage good condition Evo IX MR or SE can still fetch 24-25k. Yes there are 'deals' out there, but in the evo world you usually get what you pay for.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 07:31 AM

i just found out it isnt an mr, its just a regular stock evo 9
Old Aug 5, 2011, 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nemsin
A low mileage good condition Evo IX MR or SE can still fetch 24-25k. Yes there are 'deals' out there, but in the evo world you usually get what you pay for.
This.
I did a lot of searching, and the few 9's I found for sale, were no less than $24k for around 50k miles.

If you're patient you can wait for a better deal, you just have to get lucky.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 01:25 PM

Im looking at a IX tomorrow... 45,000 miles and $24,999
Old Aug 5, 2011, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

I'm also looking for an evo ix, but i see a lot of MR's for 23ish, hopefully the 6 speeds arent crapping out haha. A guy i know is selling his SE for 20k but, I know he has tracked it a lot, which makes me sketched out to buy it.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

MR 6 speed is amazing, maintain the car ! 60k=timing belt ect. change center diff/front diff and rear fluids as soon as you get the car. USE OEM FLUID ONLY! clutch will likely need replacing soon. post the link for sale.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 04:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nemsin
+1...i wouldn't sell mine for less than $23k and i've got almost 42k miles nearly stock. i know that i would have a damn hard time finding one babied like mine is. i would definitely be worried about really cheap ones.

mr's are great if you take care of it as mentioned. smooth, crisp, and 6th gear is nice for the highway.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 04:27 PM

I bought my 06 ww rs about two months ago for $15k from the original owner it was very well taken care of not a single scratch or ding on it and all it has done to it is a turbo back exhaust and rays gramlights and it had 56k on it!! Thats a very rare deal if you ask me
Old Aug 5, 2011, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by sinople1
I bought my 06 ww rs about two months ago for $15k from the original owner it was very well taken care of not a single scratch or ding on it and all it has done to it is a turbo back exhaust and rays gramlights and it had 56k on it!! Thats a very rare deal if you ask me
WOW! he gave you that car
Old Aug 5, 2011, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sinople1
You suck...

My first Evo was an '04 WW RS, and DAMN I miss that car.... perhaps because I got it brand new and I did the mods I really wanted, but still, that's a killer deal for an RS that nice! Even my brand new one got a stupid ding on the hood from a rock about a month after I got it....

I recently picked up a IX MR... I didn't get a steal like 15k for a super nice RS. I got my MR for 17,750, which sounds a little better than it really is... the car is kinda high miles, 92k, and it's had three owners and a good number of little dings here and there, but it runs well and has a good tune on it, makes about 340 whp with bolt ons and a flash, stock IX turbo. Decent mods, has the JDM rear bumper that I really like but had a hard time shelling the $$ out for it. Not a fan of the clutch that the previous owner put in, and the tranny feels kinda notchy in the lower gears... tried putting new tranny fluid in, OEM, but it's still not as smooth as I'd like it.

Anyhow, yeah 25K for a stock IX GSR is too high, it would need to be like brand new condition to be anywhere near that $$... I'd probably keep on searching until you find someone who really wants / needs to sell, you can find a much better deal, I'm sure.

Trevor

Quick Reply: Good price for Evo 9?