EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/)
-   Evo How To Requests / Questions / Tips (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips-112/)
-   -   How To Install [BINARY] Recaro Seat Lowering Brackets (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/472957-how-install-binary-recaro-seat-lowering-brackets.html)

Boost3dxEvO Mar 22, 2009 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by S2kracka (Post 6834988)
How do you like the seats being lowered?

I bought the driver's and passenger's side.. but only installed the driver's side since it was such a PITA for me.. plus I scratched up the plastic panels in the interior, taking the seat in and out.. My car is still not running so I can't comment on how well I like it.. but i sat in it and it seems to be a good mod, since I am 6'4".

partex Mar 23, 2009 09:31 AM

Hi, can we buy this Binary lowering seat brackets for recaro seats?
if yes, please give us the price with shipping (zip 11230) for a complete kit.
thank you,
Partex, inc.
www.partex-usa.com
partex@att.net

autoxer_minh Mar 23, 2009 11:18 AM

I've had these installed for about 2 months now and and am quite satisfied with them. I'm 5'9" so headroom wasn't a real issue with the stock brackets but I hated the stock seating position which made me feel like a damn bus driver. I feel significantly more "in tune" with my Evo now. Also, when I move the e-brake handle, my hand doesn't rub against the passenger seat anymore nor does it smash my passenger's knuckles if they happen to be holding onto the sides of the seats for dear life :D

Installation was a little tricky as some folks have said so I highly recommend taking a few minutes going though this thread to see what issues have already been mentioned. I found it a little easier to get the seats in an out by adjusting the seat backs forward a little. I managed to do it all by myself but as with most things, having another person to help would have made things go a little smoother. I did end up with two noticable scratches but if I was a little more careful they could have been avoided.

I recommend adjusting the seat as far to the outside of the car as possible. There is just enough flex in the brackets with me in the seats that the bolt head on the seat belt receptacle would make contact with the bracket mounted on the center tunnel. This prevented me from sliding the seat forward to my preferred seating position. After loosening things back up and making the necessary adjustments, I got the clearance I needed to slide the seat to any position necessary.

redcat Apr 4, 2009 08:17 AM

I just installed the driver’s side brackets. Took about an hour and fifteen minutes. Wow, what a difference! I used to bump my shin against the underside of the dash when heel-toeing, not anymore. Great product, easy to install, and no installation issues at all.

ixmrgg Apr 27, 2009 07:51 PM

hey, instead of using loctite blue with the nuts provided in the kit, can nylock-style ones (M8-1.25 Class 8) be used instead?

http://i43.tinypic.com/21jt4ao.png

ixmrgg May 5, 2009 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by ixmrgg (Post 6993440)
hey, instead of using loctite blue with the nuts provided in the kit, can nylock-style ones (M8-1.25 Class 8) be used instead?

hey, I heard back from jid2, and he said that it should be fine.

I'm haven't completed the whole install (am also putting in Works base bushings as well as new shifter boot and knob), but the Binary brackets are definitely a worthwhile improvement. I'm over 6'4", and am digging the new seating position. :thumbup:

EJEvo May 5, 2009 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by ixmrgg (Post 7026119)
(am also putting in Works base bushings as well as new shifter boot and knob)

I just put in those bushings - the difference is very subtle. While I had the console out, I put some insulation (DEI heatshield) around my cup holders to prevent my water bottle turning into water for hot tea during summer drives from tranny tunnel radiant heat. :lol:

Still love the lowering brackets...

CaliMR May 5, 2009 08:11 PM

I installed the brackets a while back, and it made a huge difference. I just added a CG lock for my last track day, and it made another big improvement. Between the two, it is a pretty sweet setup.

KenMasters May 10, 2009 04:23 PM

PM me a price for the seat brackets shipped to 80921. Thanks.

skochur May 10, 2009 04:39 PM

price for seat brackets shipped to 07950

DREVO978 May 11, 2009 04:53 PM

just did my driver side brackets.. all i can say is.. WOW.. lol.. big difference.. now she feels like a true evo.. thanks jid.. awesomee business man.. lol.. now i never want to leave my evo lol.. ill drive my behind down the street to get milk if i have too.. recommend this product.. and easy to install.. i did the driver side in like 30min.. its cake.. thanks again..

SLO-EVO May 17, 2009 03:46 PM

excellent write up... i have a few add ons / suggestions...

1- when installing the binary brackets, use the stock ones on top of them to ensure proper alignment of the new brackets.

2. use a cheater tool to get the stock allen bolt off. its a PITA with that loctite on there as-is.

other than that, outstanding write up.. came in handy!!!

Kracka May 17, 2009 05:10 PM

I got the Binary seat lowering brackets installed today! They really drop the seats and its a pretty dramatic change! I like it though since I now really feel like I am riding in and apart of the car. Zac (hellomynameis) helped me install them and he also really likes the feel. I'll have to do the fiancee test later...

*edit*
Passed the fiancee test! She likes them.

EVO8speed May 19, 2009 02:02 PM

PM me the price shipped to 20874

justchil May 20, 2009 07:41 AM

Where can I buy these from now? It seems that the thread everyone has linked too is gone :(